Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Side job? Need my head gasket repaired (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Side job? Need my head gasket repaired
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lowered car. Hit something on freeway didn't pull over to inspect for damage. Parked car. Found coolant leaked out. Refilled, didn't burp system. Cut to - Blown headgasket.

Sounds like panic attack troubleshooting; thinking the worst when it's something simple.

I'd try to burp the coolant simple according to procedure before saying something is broken.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
Originally posted by SVT_AMRIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:
quote:
9 times outta 10 people can't figure out how to "burp" a breached coolant system when it comes to Cobras/Mach 1's,it's amazing how easy it is and yet so many can't figure it out and assume they have a blown head gasket,these motors are not at all like dinosaur foxbodies

+1
That's not the case mr phycic should just become one part time since u think u know it all but nice tip for others
psychic*
Lol we got a live one here.

Op:Ndz halp
Cafords phycic:Gives best advice
OP:Fok dat, I'm moor Phycic than u. I lissen to muh selfs, make fun of phycic for shit advcies.

lolololo

op btw what u hit on the freeway

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Karma happens when you're only willing to pay someone $50 to cut your springs.
5POINTAMRIT
¯
Member # 11311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5POINTAMRIT  Ford pictures for 5POINTAMRIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Water was mixed with oil and looked life coffee is that part of bad burping as well? Well thanks guys im not as car tech as some of you guys but all advice helps I'll try the burping procedure and see how it goes sorry and thanks

--------------------
2017 Mustang GT
2003 DSG Cobra
1991 Mustang 5.0- Sold
1990 Mustang 5.0 331 Stroker 402rwhp- SOLD
Supercharged 01 Mustang GT 368rwhp-SOLD

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Normally if your oil looks like a milk shake that means a blown head gasket

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Water was mixed with oil and looked life coffee is that part of bad burping as well? Well thanks guys im not as car tech as some of you guys but all advice helps I'll try the burping procedure and see how it goes sorry and thanks

Story is changing again.

Now, is it oil in the coolant system or water in the oil system?

quote:
Originally posted by adower:

True. Did you read everything OP has written so far. Each time he is questioned he comes back with more information saying they're wrong and he is right as though the forum replies are condescending because he knows what a blown headgasket symptoms are.

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
quote:

Story is changing again.

quote:

True. Did you read everything OP has written so far. Each time he is questioned he comes back with more information saying they're wrong and he is right as though the forum replies are condescending because he knows what a blown headgasket symptoms are.

No I just read the post he made above mine.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-900010?seid=srese1&gclid=CKHcrbC1o8kCFUuTfgodMCkINQ
5POINTAMRIT
¯
Member # 11311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5POINTAMRIT  Ford pictures for 5POINTAMRIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Story is changing again.

water in the oil system im not changing stories just adding more details i found out with all thats mentioned above

quote:

--------------------
2017 Mustang GT
2003 DSG Cobra
1991 Mustang 5.0- Sold
1990 Mustang 5.0 331 Stroker 402rwhp- SOLD
Supercharged 01 Mustang GT 368rwhp-SOLD

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Could be possible oil filter housing/oil cooler gasket failure if oil and water are mixing..Also the issue from the impact on the freeway sounds like a total seperate issue just coincidence and did not cause the oil and water to mix but rather breached the system thus causing his air pocket/over heating ..In the end only he knows wtf happened cause this is what I can make of his stories lol

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
quote:
Originally posted by i:
Fuck it, Ls1 swap .

agreed
Why would anyone want to go slower?

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
I would never do a 4v head r&r on the side. An take to someone that know what there are doing and have check out and not your buddy who went to wyotech an has a box of harbor freight tools.

What are you talking about. Harbor freight tools are the shit.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Could be possible oil filter housing/oil cooler gasket failure if oil and water are mixing..Also the issue from the impact on the freeway sounds like a total seperate issue just coincidence and did not cause the oil and water to mix but rather breached the system thus causing his air pocket/over heating ..In the end only he knows wtf happened cause this is what I can make of his stories lol

2 people you never lie to.. Your Doctor, and your Mechanic.. Lying to either ends up just costing you more money.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

quote:
quote:
quote:

Story is changing again.

water in the oil system im not changing stories just adding more details i found out with all thats mentioned above

quote:

blownheadgasket scare. Turns out bad oil cooler seal.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1089774

[ 2015-11-22, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: stanger00 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com