Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Finally mocked up the Vic jr! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally mocked up the Vic jr!
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] looks stock from the pics course im losing my eye sight. did you get the fuel command center?

Never mind you added a closer pic. is that a gloss what PC did you choose?

[ 2015-11-19, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: 70stang351w ]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

sc68stang
¯
Member # 7751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sc68stang  Ford pictures for sc68stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Efi on mine too blowthru was always acting up
Nice setups

[ 2015-11-19, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: sc68stang ]

--------------------
2014 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 DIB
1968 MUSTANG COUPE DIB
RHP MEMBER

Posts: 102 | From: SJ ...RHP... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
how much did that run you willit? and is it blow thru ready?

They have a couple of different kits. I got the EFI-4 power adder. The EFI-4 is for NA and runs $995. The power adder is set up for NA, Boost, or NO2 right out of the box and is $1200. I talked to the tech dept before I bought it and asked if the regular EFI-4 could be upgraded later to the power adder and they said it couldn't. The discharge nozzles in the venturis are different and the venturis can't be swapped. Also, the power adder's software is different and allows you full control over the maps with an external laptop which the regular EFI-4 doesn't. You are restricted to using the handheld screen for the regular EFI-4.
Thats cheaper then the FAST system and supports boost for less then the basic FAST ez EFI system. I really like this other companys remote mounted
Fuel system too. Thats nice for the guy who doesnt want to deal with return lines and inline fuel pump. Keep us updated on how you like the system when you fire it up. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Here's a pic of the powdercoated intake. It came out really well.  -

Here's the whole setup.  -

Is that clear or silver powder coat? I was looking at "super chrome" to get that polished look.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
[Confused] looks stock from the pics course im losing my eye sight. did you get the fuel command center?

I didn't get the command center. I already had a fuel tank with a sump and return line, so I'm running an external Walbro 255lph.

The powdercoat is "silver steel" or something like that. It was the closest they had to natural aluminum. I originally just wanted to clearcoat it but they talked me out of it. They said it yellows over time and looks bad.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I once sandblasted an intake, cleaned it, prepped it and clear coated it. It looked close to that finish but like you said they will eventually yellow over time especially with cheap can clear.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Im gonna buy this setup next month, but that command center got me [Confused] not sure if I trust it. I think ill just run a return and external pump.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Im gonna buy this setup next month, but that command center got me [Confused] not sure if I trust it. I think ill just run a return and external pump.
The return setups are needed for higher horsepower applications. With the blower, you need to do a return line. I used my stock line for the return and ran 1/2 up the trans tunnel for the feed. If you don't have a electric pump already look at the in tank pumps. They are really quiet. Make sure to put the pump on a relay too so it's gets plenty of power.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
quote:
quote:

The return setups are needed for higher horsepower applications. With the blower, you need to do a return line. I used my stock line for the return and ran 1/2 up the trans tunnel for the feed. If you don't have a electric pump already look at the in tank pumps. They are really quiet. Make sure to put the pump on a relay too so it's gets plenty of power.
What are you using for a pump?

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

I'm using an aeromotive stealth tank.

-

[ 2015-11-21, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

That is a sweet setup.

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Just picked it up...

-

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Here's a pic of the powdercoated intake. It came out really well.  -

Here's the whole setup.  -

I see you running a dual plane. If you have tunning issues this video may provide some insight.

http://bangshift.com/general-news/tech-stories/engine-masters-takes-on-one-of-the-biggest-arguments-in-the-game-carb-or-efi/

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Hopefully will get it running this weekend. The car has been down since May.

-

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
I see you running a dual plane. If you have tunning issues this video may provide some insight.

http://bangshift.com/general-news/tech-stories/engine-masters-takes-on-one-of-the-biggest-arguments-in-the-game-carb-or-efi/

Yeah, I saw that episode a few days ago. I'm hoping because the LS is a much bigger beast that I won't have the same issue. If not, I'll just sell this intake and go with a Vic Jr which I'll eventually need to swap to once I go forced induction.

[ 2015-12-31, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Hopefully will get it running this weekend. The car has been down since May.

-

That's a great looking setup. Can't wait to see how it runs.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com