Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Finally mocked up the Vic jr! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally mocked up the Vic jr!
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I finally got a weekend to work on my car instead of the nursery. [Big Grin] I figured now is the best time to make sure my car is not running before the baby comes so I decided to try out the Vic jr intake again for hood clearance with some new parts I got. Before, the Paxton box stood about 3 inches taller than my old hood so I was running a low rise performer ever since I built the engine. Well, with the new hood I have and a carb hat, I now have 1/2 clearance! Just need to figure out the damn tube going from the Paxton to the carb hat. The one I have for the box is a little short.

-

-

-

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what are you running for blow off valve?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Bosch one that came with the kit.
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome! I love how my Victor Jr intake looks too!

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ya, I started sanding the cast texture on the intake down. Going to do a full polish or powder coat. Leaning towards the powder coating. I like the raw cast look but it gets dirty and stains.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Ya, I started sanding the cast texture on the intake down. Going to do a full polish or powder coat. Leaning towards the powder coating. I like the raw cast look but it gets dirty and stains.

I just dropped my Air Gap off at Maas Bros in Livermore to be powder coated. I hate how aluminum intakes get all dirty and yellowed.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:

I just dropped my Air Gap off at Maas Bros in Livermore to be powder coated. I hate how aluminum intakes get all dirty and yellowed.
How much were you quoted? Post some pics up of the finished product when you get it! [Smile]
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

How much were you quoted? Post some pics up of the finished product when you get it! [Smile]
It was $155 w/tax. I'll post it up when I get it back. Probably another week or so.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just convert to EFI bro.. fits perfectly under the hood.. [Wink]

Bad ass setup though! I wish I was more comfortable messing with carb setups.. blown carb setups run HARD!! [patriot]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:

Bad ass setup though! I wish I was more comfortable messing with carb setups.. blown carb setups run HARD!! [patriot]

That is EFI

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MSD Atomic's EFI

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:

That is EFI
LMAO. Fail.

--------------------

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
MSD Atomic's EFI

Shit i didnt even pay attention to that.. i was looking at the blower setup.. this looks a lot simpler than the foxbody style efi..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:

That is EFI
LMAO. Fail.
EPIC fail [Frown]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanna know how that atomic efi runs.... I wanna pull the trigger and buy one... The carb is cool, but hate changing jets all the time.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

It's cool. You gotta fine tune like a carb but it's all on a touch screen, instead of taking the carb apart all the time. I don't miss those days at all. lol
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
It's cool. You gotta fine tune like a carb but it's all on a touch screen, instead of taking the carb apart all the time. I don't miss those days at all. lol

do you have any hesitation like a carb? Seems like all my carbs always have one little hiccup. Only big carb problem I have is.. heavy traffic like hot august nights, the gas starts to boil in the carb.

[ 2015-11-17, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

The carb hiccup can be tuned out easy on the efi and you won't have the boiling fuel issue. Plus it's suppose compensates for altitude like when you go to Reno. (My car hasn't been to Reno in a looooong time.)
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Did some smoothing of the intake with a million different sanding tools. 8 hours later, I think the intake won the battle. I think I'm going to scratch the polish idea and get it powder coated. Here's the results of bringing the sanding up to a green scotchbrite.

-

-

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

I went with the FITech EFI. Just got it a couple of weeks ago and am planning on adding a turbo a little later. But for now, it'll just be NA.

-

[ 2015-11-18, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
I went with the FITech EFI. Just got it a couple of weeks ago and am planning on adding a turbo a little later. But for now, it'll just be NA.

-

how much did that run you willit? and is it blow thru ready?

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
how much did that run you willit? and is it blow thru ready?

They have a couple of different kits. I got the EFI-4 power adder. The EFI-4 is for NA and runs $995. The power adder is set up for NA, Boost, or NO2 right out of the box and is $1200. I talked to the tech dept before I bought it and asked if the regular EFI-4 could be upgraded later to the power adder and they said it couldn't. The discharge nozzles in the venturis are different and the venturis can't be swapped. Also, the power adder's software is different and allows you full control over the maps with an external laptop which the regular EFI-4 doesn't. You are restricted to using the handheld screen for the regular EFI-4.

[ 2015-11-18, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seems like a cool system. Never heard of them before, must be a new company? I'd go for the 8 injector system.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Seems like a cool system. Never heard of them before, must be a new company? I'd go for the 8 injector system.

Yeah, it's only a couple of years old. The rumor is it was started by some of the engineers that designed the Professional Products Powerjection system.

[ 2015-11-18, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Here's a pic of the powdercoated intake. It came out really well.  -

Here's the whole setup.  -

[ 2015-11-19, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com