Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ATM fraud (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ATM fraud
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone stole money from me... The bank is treating me guilty until proven innocent. What an ugly situation. I went into the branch...they treated me well. Then they said to call a number and report fraud. Once I called this number...it was totally different. Now I am talking to the "claims dept". Has nothing to do with the bank. What a pile of shit. Trust no one in this world.
Anyone ever have this happen to them?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2015-10-03, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: 93ex chp ]

foxbody
¯
Member # 582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbody  Ford pictures for foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the atms work on a different network than the banks,thats why the bank itself cant help u,and has u call the number they provided
Posts: 15754 | From: san jose | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
....ya, I get it. They just returned the money to me today. After 10 phone calls and being rerouted 5 or 6 times. All in all- a very unpleasant experience.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Happened to me once. All I did was call the fraud place and they questioned me then deposited the money back to my account and sent me a new card. I guess some people think buying $500 in iTunes is worth getting caught for. [Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why they make you call don't the bank have someone there to file the claim for you? Was it an atm transaction or credit transaction? If it's credit, visa or MasterCard should refund. If it's atm with pin, then you need to shutdown your card. Someone may have got you on a card reader

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They pulled cash out of an ATM. With my pin number. The only thing that saved me was that...I did banking in the branch... At the same time as the thief ripping me off 500 miles away.

[ 2015-10-03, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: 75 chevy ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

It frustrated me that a separate entity handled the claim.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe don't use ur birth year as ur pin next time.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Wasn't my birth year.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which bank do you use?

--------------------
Jesus is king!

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking like a tweaker doesn't help. Maybe They just wanted to make sure.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Wells Fargo... how can they see how i look over the phone?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They used the PIN, then your fucked.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

I know, the claims person said the thief used my pin. First try. In my defense... I was like how can I swipe my card in two places. 500 miles apart.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

The second day the fraudsters somehow didn't know my pin. Which alerted the fraud dept.

[ 2015-10-03, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: 75 chevy ]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza