Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Have a question about your personal driveway. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Have a question about your personal driveway.
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its because of Facebook that they are doing that. They're using drones and checking backyards too now. They told my neighbor he has to get rid of his 2 old school project cars which are in his BACKYARD! However he does not have a side gate.. From talking to the code enforcement officer my understanding is that IF you have a side gate, u can keep the cars behind that gate. It just cant be in the front of the house where its visible. Kinda like the "outta sight, outta mind" theory. Just get an enclosed carport from Harbor Freight for $200, get a permit for $75, and park ur car inside there. Thats what im planning to do with my 68 mustang. I would rather pay like $300 one time and be worry free, than pay $500 for a ticket and then wonder when they're gonna come fuck with me again.

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
Its because of Facebook that they are doing that. They're using drones and checking backyards too now. They told my neighbor he has to get rid of his 2 old school project cars which are in his BACKYARD! However he does not have a side gate.. From talking to the code enforcement officer my understanding is that IF you have a side gate, u can keep the cars behind that gate. It just cant be in the front of the house where its visible. Kinda like the "outta sight, outta mind" theory. Just get an enclosed carport from Harbor Freight for $200, get a permit for $75, and park ur car inside there. Thats what im planning to do with my 68 mustang. I would rather pay like $300 one time and be worry free, than pay $500 for a ticket and then wonder when they're gonna come fuck with me again.

Facebook, yeap +1

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell the cars then buy a house

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
I know that fat ass white dude. Lol. Call the boys they got your back

are you the skinny ass mexican dude?
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
God forbid they try to clean up the neighborhood, nothing says nice neighborhood like bucket ass cars in the driveway are they stupid.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
God forbid they try to clean up the neighborhood, nothing says nice neighborhood like bucket ass cars in the driveway are they stupid.

[patriot]
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:

[patriot]
And that's EXACTLY how you let the government control everyone. You only see the "good" side to this so you're all for them. I guess you two would like someone telling you what you can and can't have on your own property.

It's the same as getting fined for sagging your pants(wherever that's at) to clean up the look of the city. Sure people hate the look but are you really going to let them tell us how to dress?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]
And that's EXACTLY how you let the government control everyone. You only see the "good" side to this so you're all for them. I guess you two would like someone telling you what you can and can't have on your own property.

It's the same as getting fined for sagging your pants(wherever that's at) to clean up the look of the city. Sure people hate the look but are you really going to let them tell us how to dress?

trust me, when you grow up your views will change. I moved out of a neighborhood with people who let their lawns go, parked junk all over etc. I am much happier where I am now, that shit wouldnt fly here....I take pride in living in a nice area/street.
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

If you don't like it then move, I own a home and am part of a HOA, I'm already told what I can and can't do on my own property, it's part of life, there are rules that need to be followed. City's have codes and it sounds like your city is starting to enforce them, if you want to have 7 cars in your driveway maybe you need to find a city that does not care, otherwise tough shit and if they want to start fining people for having there pants around there knees, it's about damn time, they outta throw them in jail, no one wants to see your fucking underwear.
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
8.20.040 Additional requirements for motor vehicle storage in front and side yards.
No motor vehicle, whether or not operational, shall be parked or stored on a required front or side yard except on a permanent driveway or parking place paved or surfaced with an all-weather, weed-free, and fire-resistant surface. (Ord. 740 § 3, 1986: Prior code § 22A.4).

I know who it was that complained because it's only one person in this whole block who gives a shit about anything. When I see her I'm gonna ask her if she has a problem kuz I'm tired of her ass always worrying about what the fuck we're doing.

Well not to say that your a typical mexican family but 7 cars in a driveway , holy shit you almost cant blame her
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To a car person, your driveway might or might not look like potential but to everyone else it probably looks like a pick n pull. I think the bad neighbor in this case is just fed up with it and trying to improve the neighborhood.you did say you don't live in a nice area. Maybe she or he is trying to change that. 7 cars is a lot to have hanging out in front.

i don't think it's really about the government controlling anything, it's actually the PEOPLE empowering themselves and taking pride and ownership of where they live. It's a fine balance, the blight affects their investments and land value. Maybe just get rid of 3 or 4 cars and they'd probably stop bothering you.

[ 2015-05-21, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
To a car person, your driveway might or might not look like potential but to everyone else it probably looks like a pick n pull. I think the bad neighbor in this case is just fed up with it and trying to improve the neighborhood.you did say you don't live in a nice area. Maybe she or he is trying to change that. 7 cars is a lot to have hanging out in front.

i don't think it's really about the government controlling anything, it's actually the PEOPLE empowering themselves and taking pride and ownership of where they live. It's a fine balance, the blight affects their investments and land value. Maybe just get rid of 3 or 4 cars and they'd probably stop bothering you.

I hear what you're saying and I understand about looking bad to the neighborhood. But how is someone going to tell you how to treat your property? Plus the same person complaining has a car that has sat in her small ass driveway without being touched for at least 10 years. It's not like we leave our cars outside overnight taking up the street(you're not allowed to by the city or you get a ticket). As for selling cars I have no say in it, my dad is the biggest hard-head you'll ever meet.

I'm done with this thread though I think I found my answer, thanks Steve. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:

I hear what you're saying and I understand about looking bad to the neighborhood. But how is someone going to tell you how to treat your property? Plus the same person complaining has a car that has sat in her small ass driveway without being touched for at least 10 years. It's not like we leave our cars outside overnight taking up the street(you're not allowed to by the city or you get a ticket). As for selling cars I have no say in it, my dad is the biggest hard-head you'll ever meet.

I'm done with this thread though I think I found my answer, thanks Steve. [patriot]

The cocksucker who snitched you out has a dead ass car in their driveway??? Maybe he snitched to get his wife off his own ass.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
8.20.040 Additional requirements for motor vehicle storage in front and side yards.
No motor vehicle, whether or not operational, shall be parked or stored on a required front or side yard except on a permanent driveway or parking place paved or surfaced with an all-weather, weed-free, and fire-resistant surface. (Ord. 740 § 3, 1986: Prior code § 22A.4).

I know who it was that complained because it's only one person in this whole block who gives a shit about anything. When I see her I'm gonna ask her if she has a problem kuz I'm tired of her ass always worrying about what the fuck we're doing.

I don't like people like that. They're cowards too afraid to say it to you. They call someone else to do it for them. But, rev your engine a few times and you're already labeled a "delinquent" and you'll never be any good.

[ 2015-05-22, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: 50/50 ]

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would call the HOA people, the police, DMV and the county as well if my neighbor had dozens of cars in their yard. Driveway or not. It would piss me off!!! No one wants to live next to the house with dozens of broken cars in the yard.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com