Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 50 resto damage products (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 50 resto damage products
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Sinister Mustang:
Honestly,

It look's like someone tried installing it, and banged it up a little. I feel like if a that had been hit by a grinder, the finish would be completely gone.

Perhaps a customer of LMRs returned it after a few scratches, claiming the same thing you are, and they just figured they'd just resell it. Who knows?

lmr isn't 50restro
Indeed it is! American Muscle does the same thing.

American muscle > Raxiom > SR Performance > BAMA.

quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
I've bought so many things from different mustang parts dealers , in my opinion American Muscle has the best customer service .....I try to get everything from them first.

You haven't ordered anything through me yet, have you? [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
Those marks look like it was from the flange from the other header touching it during shipping. I look at it like this, "Did the vendor try to protect the finish by wrapping it with newspaper or with bubble wrap or car board?" And I would realize that the headers are big and an odd shape. So to expect a box to keep them from moving around is really wishful thinking. I think this is the problem with FREE shipping is that they have to box things so that it's economical. But if you were to pay for the kind of packaging that would keep the parts secured and protected, then it would probably be Iin a bigger box and weigh a little more with formed fill padding.

Just like when I ordered some SVO tail light lenses, it looked like the manufacturer wrapped the lenses a bit too early because the paper stuck to the black paint on the lenses. After using a wet sponge I was able to remove the stuck paper, but the finish was not as smooth in some spots because of the paper. I know I could probably repaint and fix it. To me these vendors are providing parts we want at the lowest price with very little margin.

Exactly. It does look like there was some sort of shifting in the package while in transit.

I don't believe the "free shipping" really has anything to do with it. I offer free shipping to all my customers, ( excluding transmissions, motors, and other freight products, UNLESS you pick up at our shop ) My free shipping program is setup with UPS or FEDEX ground and its not for economical reasons at all. When customers order a Mach 1 lip or comparison front lip, I don't opt for bending and cramming it into a 1 foot box. It will be delivered to you in the shape/form it was molded in to guarantee a great product and not something you have to heat up with a blow dryer and mold back to its original shape!

[ 2015-04-16, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Sinister Mustang ]

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.R.E  Ford pictures for D.R.E    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To be honest guys the both headers were fully wrapped in bubble pretty nice nothing was torn or anything now both headers were divided by card board which niether header could have a chance of scratching each other plus the header bolts were at the bottom of the box I really think someone bought these tried to install them then scratched them then returned them and let didn't even bother to check em once they got them back then sent them back or knew about the scratches but tried to pass them off to see if I'll keep em hence the amount of time they took to get back to and the 50 dollar refund to see if I'll get impatience and keep em

--------------------
Local 3 Operating Engineers member
1991 titanium frost coupe
1991 x chp coupe

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My front bumper cover box was a retape and I believe that they didn't check for condition and sent it out to me. That's why I don't deal with AM unless I really have to.
Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by D.R.E:
To be honest guys the both headers were fully wrapped in bubble pretty nice nothing was torn or anything now both headers were divided by card board which niether header could have a chance of scratching each other plus the header bolts were at the bottom of the box I really think someone bought these tried to install them then scratched them then returned them and let didn't even bother to check em once they got them back then sent them back or knew about the scratches but tried to pass them off to see if I'll keep em hence the amount of time they took to get back to and the 50 dollar refund to see if I'll get impatience and keep em

The Bought/install/return story seems to be the most legit.

Let me know if I can offer any assistance for future orders. I can get anything/everything Mustang, i'm just a PM or a phone call away!

Thanks,

- Michael

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Let me know if I can offer any assistance for future orders. I can get anything/everything Mustang, i'm just a PM or a phone call away!

Thanks,

- Michael

Do you price match?

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:
quote:
quote:

Thanks,

- Michael

Do you price match?
Of course. PM me on what you're looking at

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks,

- Michael

Do you price match?
Of course. PM me on what you're looking at
Cool, not looking at anything right now, just curious and wanted to know for the future [patriot]

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

The website is slowly, but surely getting updated. If you don't see it on the website, i guarantee I can still get it! PM me and i'll shoot you my personal phone number which i use for work. I'm available at all times from that number and have no problem getting you prices.

Thanks,

- Michael

--------------------

www.SinisterMustang.com

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks,

- Michael

Do you price match?
More importantly, do you do trade for beer?!!!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com