Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1997 Supercharged Cobra (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 1997 Supercharged Cobra
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just out of curiosity how much would a 1997 supercharged cobra be going for nowadays? Below are all of the aftermarket parts currently on the car. I'm having a new top put on the car this weekend. I can add pictures of the car if anyone is willing to tell me how to go about it. Looking to sell it if the price is right. Thank you for any help that you guys can provide.

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible Cobra with a Vortech V-1 Supercharger. Clean title, 5-Speed. It currently has 40,000 original miles. The last time it was put on the Dyno it produced 421 horsepower. I bought the car 4 years ago with 36,000 miles and have used it very little since. Exhaust was all redone with high flow dual and X cross pipe. There was also a chassis stiffening upgrade (cross members). Also a suspension upgrade. The suspension was lowered with a Steeda stage 3 upgrade, adjustable Koni struts and new springs. Steeda adjustable Clutch quadrant kit. [patriot] [burnout]

Posts: 346 | From: North Valley SJ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What color?
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

I have way more then 1500 in parts alone. For that price I rather just continue letting it sit in my driveway under the car cover collecting dust.
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by POWERED BY FORD:
What color?

It's a pacific green convertible cobra.
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Around 10k

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
add pics..If it were mine , and as clean as you're making it sound. I would take nothing south of 9k for it. What you list it for is up to you, im sure someone out there with the cash would be interested. Dont list it on here, you will be low balled. goodluck

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Green hurts the value/desire a few grand
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingLow:
quote:

I have way more then 1500 in parts alone. For that price I rather just continue letting it sit in my driveway under the car cover collecting dust.
Gotta find some vato that cares more about looks than speed. The sn95 is super heavy especially in flop top form. Who tuned the car? We're talking about an 18 year old car that nobody liked when they first came out and nobody likes still to this day.
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

quote:
quote:
quote:

Gotta find some vato that cares more about looks than speed. The sn95 is super heavy especially in flop top form. Who tuned the car? We're talking about an 18 year old car that nobody liked when they first came out and nobody likes still to this day.
Well if you want to get all technical on here we can do that. Actually you're wrong about my convertible being a "heavy" car. My car weighs in at 3,471 lbs. Compare that to a 2014 Mustang Gt which comes in at 3705 lbs. I say my convertible is slightly lighter. Thanks for your input. [patriot]
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well if people can ask $6-8k for clapped out 100+k Bolt on Sn95 Cobras, I'd say you have an easy $10k car. I know its very hard to find a low mileage Sn95 Cobra these days. Throw it on for $12-$13k and negotiate from there.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People can ask any amount they want for their sideshow, dented, non "smoke" checked, x pipe, salvaged due to radio theft turds, but all that matters is how much someone will pay.
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Well if people can ask $6-8k for clapped out 100+k Bolt on Sn95 Cobras, I'd say you have an easy $10k car. I know its very hard to find a low mileage Sn95 Cobra these days. Throw it on for $12-$13k and negotiate from there.

[patriot] Thank you for the reply to my question. Exactly my feelings on this. This cobra has super low miles for the year. Plus all of the aftermarket parts I should have no problem selling it.
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
People can ask any amount they want for their sideshow, dented, non "smoke" checked, x pipe, salvaged due to radio theft turds, but all that matters is how much someone will pay.

Exactly! I've been looking at cobras online that people have up for sell and they look nothing like the condition and mileage that mine has.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Part it out.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:

This ^^
Don't mind some of the comments you're reading above because some of these guys are just being sarcastic.
Don't be in a rush to sell it. It sounds like a nice car and just wait for the right buyer who will appreciate what you have.
Low mileage Cobra's don't come around to often and I think there time is coming up and value will start to climb.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$7500-8k...tops. Keep in mind, there's high-mile 03-04 Cobras going for 10-11k.

But of course, you can ask whatever you want. [patriot]

Good luck!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you arent in a hurry to sell I would sit for a while. Ask the 12/13k for the car but with how the economy is right now people arent really going to be looking for something thats a "luxury". Everyone wants a steal so just go ahead and wait for now bud. Im sure youll get what you want or pretty damn close.

--------------------
1998 Ford Mustang GT SVO SC Saleen vert (sold)
1998 Ford Mustang GT PI (RIP)
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Posts: 603 | From: Hayward/Pleasanton | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well if you want to get all technical on here we can do that. Actually you're wrong about my convertible being a "heavy" car. My car weighs in at 3,471 lbs. Compare that to a 2014 Mustang Gt which comes in at 3705 lbs. I say my convertible is slightly lighter. Thanks for your input. [patriot]
How heavy is a Foxbody coupe?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How heavy is a Foxbody coupe?
1993 V8: LX 3,096; GT 3,144; Coupe 3,035
[burnout]

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pay no attention to what 135.0 has to say he just spends his day bombing and bashing peoples ads, after one point i had posted how someone nearly killed me by bashing my head in when my back was to him and 135 proceeded to say basiclly i deserved what happened and thought it was funny the dude is plain and simple a fool. as far as your cobra car goes its nearly impossible to guess what it will actually sell for, everyone on here has different opinions as far as preference but i have to say no matter what year were talking being a converible kills it! $6500-$8500 is my best guess so you better list it for $10k for plenty of haggle room
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say 9-1100, thats my opinion, sounds pretty clean, and i dont think it being a convertible lowers the value, especially in california, it doesnt hardly rain anymore lol. Put it on ebay and see what happens, its free to list it.

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
pay no attention to what 135.0 has to say he just spends his day bombing and bashing peoples ads, after one point i had posted how someone nearly killed me by bashing my head in when my back was to him and 135 proceeded to say basiclly i deserved what happened and thought it was funny the dude is plain and simple a fool. as far as your cobra car goes its nearly impossible to guess what it will actually sell for, everyone on here has different opinions as far as preference but i have to say no matter what year were talking being a converible kills it! $6500-$8500 is my best guess so you better list it for $10k for plenty of haggle room

Thank you for the advise. Man this site has gone downhill from when I joined back in 02'. Too many trolls in here. [patriot]
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
I would say 9-1100, thats my opinion, sounds pretty clean, and i dont think it being a convertible lowers the value, especially in california, it doesnt hardly rain anymore lol. Put it on ebay and see what happens, its free to list it.

I'll definitely take a look at eBay to list the car. You can cruise this car with the top down all year long in California nowadays. Your right about that. [patriot]
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

We're talking about an 18 year old car that nobody liked when they first came out and nobody likes still to this day.
Your a fool...
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

SN95 Cobras kill it when done right and you know it,not everyone wants a 11-14 5.0 that everyone and their mother already own.......have respect for your fellow stanger son..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com