Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dupli-color paint match With pics!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dupli-color paint match With pics!!
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your guys opinions dont matter if the guy wants to spray paint his ride more power to him. Are any of you professional quality painters anyway? You actually can polish a terd! if he applys enough material it can always be cut and rubbed out and look like glass no matter the material. For example you can take a rough cut piece of wood, sand it all the way up to 3000 grit paper and buff it out
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its his car to do with as he wishes, I understand there is a lot of bitter people on here BUT he is spray painting a whole car so I assume james expects these responses. I am curious to see how it turns out.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
Its his car to do with as he wishes, I understand there is a lot of bitter people on here BUT he is spray painting a whole car so I assume james expects these responses. I am curious to see how it turns out.

Well yea I did know that there would be SOME sort of opposition and I was prepared but there's a way to not agree and theres a way to just be a hater. Thin line and I appreciate people knowing how to differentiate there statements between the two ways. There's only like what, 3? If that professional painters here? A lot of people on here speak emotionally and subjectively instead of with experience and objectively. I sprayed my bell housing after using that gunk degreaser looks good. Looks a lot better than the flaky blue and black and bare alloy it had before hand.
 -

[ 2015-03-08, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: LXjames ]

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually know a guy who painted his car with a gallon of rustoleum paint. $75 paint job and it actually looked good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPJTTRWttQ

[ 2015-03-08, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had maaco in sunnyvale spray my old ranger for $320 and I did all my own prep work. I sanded/bondo/etc myself, it took a while to do the whole thing, but i knew it wouldn't come out that nice if I let them just spray over the current paint without any work.

I was really impressed for the price.

-

-

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 19mystic96:
I had maaco in sunnyvale spray my old ranger for $320 and I did all my own prep work. I sanded/bondo/etc myself, it took a while to do the whole thing, but i knew it wouldn't come out that nice if I let them just spray over the current paint without any work.

-

-

I thinking of doing the same thing to my car because I know my neighbors would call the cops. Plus if I get caught doing it in my gargae, ill get a huge fine. Did you primer the car before you send it to maaco? Is it stage one paint job? I'm thinking of painting mine white or even pearl white if it's under $500. Nice ranger dude! Paint job looks nice for $320.
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
quote:

-

-

I thinking of doing the same thing to my car because I know my neighbors would call the cops. Plus if I get caught doing it in my gargae, ill get a huge fine. Did you primer the car before you send it to maaco? Is it stage one paint job? I'm thinking of painting mine white or even pearl white if it's under $500. Nice ranger dude! Paint job looks nice for $320.
Thanks!

I didn't primer the whole truck.. Just used some in places that were bare metal and spots where I was trying to build up and seal chips in the paint. I opted for the single stage paint job. Didn't feel the need to go any more expensive since its a truck that will see a lot of off road time and would be scratched..

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

-

wow!! Maaco ftw
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another look @macco work on a fox this is my plan for this summer
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/05/paintjob/

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a lot of wood you been choppin up.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com