Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 100% original Roush failed smog. lol... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 100% original Roush failed smog. lol...
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^so the smog tech was right to fail your car^^^
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:

Perhaps, but the argument is more of less the fact the car is 100% original, and I'm failing because of a silly sticker that DIDN'T come on the car when I bought it 10 years ago. lol

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like you slid thru the cracks the last couple inspections... [Confused]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smog is bullshit.

I'm having to smog my car two years in a row. [Roll Eyes] [BS flag]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
quote:

Perhaps, but the argument is more of less the fact the car is 100% original, and I'm failing because of a silly sticker that DIDN'T come on the car when I bought it 10 years ago. lol
Did you buy the car new from the dealership.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, out of the showroom floor at Roseville future ford.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:
Its just ridiculous. Yeah, I kinda laughed about the whole "using the internet to determine if my car's factory air intake is smog legal or not" but whatever.

anywho, just more headache I have to deal with. Anyone recommend a smog tech in the sacramento area that isn't a Nazi when it comes to an otherwise stock mustang? hahaha

There is a little hole in the wall place on auburn and twin oaks in citrus heights, only $30 and dude is cool
whats the name of the place in Auburn?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Yeah, out of the showroom floor at Roseville future ford.

Then make them make it legal.
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look on your window sticker, not sure how it was ten years ago but nowadays it had to say CA Emissions Legal on the window sticker to be sold. If it says that you're safe, if it doesn't, go ask Roseville why they sold it to you.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
Look on your window sticker, not sure how it was ten years ago but nowadays it had to say CA Emissions Legal on the window sticker to be sold. If it says that you're safe, if it doesn't, go ask Roseville why they sold it to you.

Do know how to read Roush says was it's not carb legal. It should have never been installed on the car when was being sold in California.
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Op sounds like the tech was not in the wrong if Roush themselves are telling you it is not legal. But you might be in luck, if I can find my old intake for my 2v you can use it, hell even have it.

If I can find it I will bring with me to the 50 reasons car show this weekend. Just pick it up.

--------------------
2015 focus st2
2011 Gt 5.0
04 ZY fobra sold

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:

Do know how to read Roush says was it's not carb legal. It should have never been installed on the car when was being sold in California.
You can try reading my post again. If his window sticker doesn't say CA Emissions he can get the dealer to pay for the smogs and a new intake. Because in the current day and time I can get a car from another state trailered to my dealership and sell it without CA emissions in which case I am responsible as a seller. So if his Roush didn't originally come from CA it won't always say that. Crawl back in your hole troll.

for you:

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
quote:
quote:
Should be a sticker on the door that says vehicle is modified by roush and is fully carb complaint.

Yep, and its there. But he says its not a California CARB sticker and cannot be accepted. I'm just dealing with some brain dead smog tech.
Turn him in to the bar he has no business with a smog license. You can make a complaint on a smog technician.
Not the smog tech's fault the blame is on the state if anything doesn't look right fails send to the ref.the state wants us to fail cars.
im taking a smog class right now in concord and maaaaaaaan...i feel the smog tech, maybe hes a newbie....but also if the carb sticker is on there wtf, thats one of the first things i learned in this class
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by 85CHP510:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Should be a sticker on the door that says vehicle is modified by roush and is fully carb complaint.

Yep, and its there. But he says its not a California CARB sticker and cannot be accepted. I'm just dealing with some brain dead smog tech.
Turn him in to the bar he has no business with a smog license. You can make a complaint on a smog technician.
Not the smog tech's fault the blame is on the state if anything doesn't look right fails send to the ref.the state wants us to fail cars.
im taking a smog class right now in concord and maaaaaaaan...i feel the smog tech, maybe hes a newbie....but also if the carb sticker is on there wtf, thats one of the first things i learned in this class
You taking class at auto tec off monument?