Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 100% original Roush failed smog. lol... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 100% original Roush failed smog. lol...
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
California smog rules are becoming outrageous... Original owner to a 2004 Roush mustang and it failed because of the air intake not having a carb sticker.

its 100% original and its passed smog several times before with this setup.

Brain dead technician said he's never seen or heard of a Roush mustang before. ( funny part is I've taken the car to this smog station every single year its required and have the receipt from the previous smog requirement ) and cant pass it because its not an original air intake.

After telling him it is the factory air intake, he takes me over to this little laptop and google's "2004 ford mustang 4.6 air intake" and says "this is what you need" I told him to google 2004 roush mustang stage 2 air intake and told him "this is what I have" and he says nope, not California smog legal.

Fucking dead beats running smog stations nowadays, I swear...

Going to a different station from now on.

Rant over.

-

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should be a sticker on the door that says vehicle is modified by roush and is fully carb complaint.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
Should be a sticker on the door that says vehicle is modified by roush and is fully carb complaint.

Yep, and its there. But he says its not a California CARB sticker and cannot be accepted. I'm just dealing with some brain dead smog tech.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
quote:

Yep, and its there. But he says its not a California CARB sticker and cannot be accepted. I'm just dealing with some brain dead smog tech.
Did you tell him what the "C" in "CARB" stands for? This guy needs to go!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TMA Turbo Donald  Ford pictures for TMA Turbo Donald    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm at a loss for words. Sounds like you need to take the car to get smogged elsewhere.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've failed from techs not being able to get enough emission readings from the exhaust. [BS flag]

CARB tightening the Smog noose on older vehicles is one of the top reasons we tell customers to start looking at the new Coyote mustangs.
6 years before your first smog on a new Ford these days. 4 years if you sell it. (you smog when selling a 4 year old car, but not a 3 year old car)

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Turn him in to the bar he has no business with a smog license. You can make a complaint on a smog technician.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a kind of similiar situation. Been taking my Jeep to this smog guy for years. Have all the receipts and everything. Never had a problem. Took it to him this year and he tells me my check engine light doesn't come on correctly so he wouldn't smog it. I even told him hes smogged this thing for years and never had a problem with it before. He still wouldn't do it so i took it to another shop and all they cared about was that it lights up and then goes off.

[ 2014-10-06, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

kast1376
¯
Member # 8499

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kast1376  Ford pictures for kast1376    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I smogged my 04 in july and the tech didn't even pop the hood. He asked if I was stock, I said yes.
Posts: 189 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say turn that fuck head in!

[ 2014-10-06, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: 95gtdrop ]

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The guy sounds like a shmuck. Don't they make you go to school of you want to be a smog tech?

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Turn him in to the bar he has no business with a smog license. You can make a complaint on a smog technician.
Not the smog tech's fault the blame is on the state if anything doesn't look right fails send to the ref.the state wants us to fail cars.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
An if don't want you car to fail bi-annual smog inspections go take the 200hr course an pass the test an get your need ase's. Then open your own smog shop an never have failed smog again.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn OP that's garbage. That's why I like my old school, no smog ever FTMFW! [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always wonder whats going to happen with all those open filter gt500 when its time to smog. I guess their going to have a hard time lol. Sucks man thats straight bs right there.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The state wants cars to fail. A smog guy I go to told me the state took his star station away because he was passing too many cars. I guess you have to keep a percentage of cars fail at a certain point to stay star. But how can you control how many cars fail lol.

Did you have to pay mike?

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The tech is using Google to determine if a car's parts are smog legal????????????

I guess when they say everything on the internet is true..then it must be true...LOL!

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe we should have a sticky thread of mustang or modified car smogs stations. not illegal smogs just spots where if you come in with the right stuff there's no issues.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We haven't seen nothing yet it's only a matter of time befor the state becomes owner of all smog shops sad part is it's all about $$!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had that happen to me on my 03 Cobra which had a Steeda CAI. A quick trip to the local hotrod store, bought a CARB legal K&N intake which comes with a CARB sticker....slapped the sticker on my Steeda CAI and passed. Afterwards, I returned the K&N intake.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

If I remember right the Roush cold air didn't come black.

[ 2014-10-07, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: hurting your feelings ]

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
We haven't seen nothing yet it's only a matter of time befor the state becomes owner of all smog shops sad part is it's all about $$!!

To many cars in California for that to happen.
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Its just ridiculous. Yeah, I kinda laughed about the whole "using the internet to determine if my car's factory air intake is smog legal or not" but whatever.

anywho, just more headache I have to deal with. Anyone recommend a smog tech in the sacramento area that isn't a Nazi when it comes to an otherwise stock mustang? hahaha

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Its just ridiculous. Yeah, I kinda laughed about the whole "using the internet to determine if my car's factory air intake is smog legal or not" but whatever.

anywho, just more headache I have to deal with. Anyone recommend a smog tech in the sacramento area that isn't a Nazi when it comes to an otherwise stock mustang? hahaha

There is a little hole in the wall place on auburn and twin oaks in citrus heights, only $30 and dude is cool

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

I emailed Roush for shits n gigs. This is their reply:

Michael,

Thanks for contacting ROUSH Performance.

Sorry, these cold air intakes kits are not CARB approved for the state of California.

Steve
Thank You,
ROUSH Performance Products
Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 800-59-ROUSH

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com