Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any good tuners not afraid to tune anymore? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Any good tuners not afraid to tune anymore?
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am so fed up with this tuning issue. I have now tried to tune with 4 tuners and they refuse to communicate and/or work with me! Guess we can call this a rant but I have run out of options and the only thing I can think if is that they all now perfer the easy money. Some 2014 mustang with a cold air is cheap easy money for them. Why put extra time and effort into tuning older cars that have more modifications!

First I was going to use Bob Kurgan, I emailed him. Asked what mass air he perfer I run, he said HPX slot style MAF and if I order it from him that he will do my remote tuning with SVS R&D's dyno for $350(plus I pay dyno time) so I agree. He was quick to take my money for the parts and emailed very fast when It came to that. At that time I said that I would like to get a base tune for my car so the car would fire up and drive to the dyno. NO REPLY. Ok so I wait till the car is nearing completion and possibly gonna start soon. Email again asking for a "BASE TUNE", still NO REPLY! This was may! Then I email a few days ago asking what he wants from me, I'm willing to pay seperately for a BASE TUNE or pay the $350 now and he can send one and we can set a dyno date! . He replies with, "last email I have from you was MAY, are you trying to say that I am avoiding you? Who's tune is in the car now?" So I email back and say no tune is in the car, it runs super rich. I wanna break in the motor on a 91 octane tune before the final tune with E85. NO REPLY.

Other options I tried. Emailed and called and left Shaun at AED a message. Have not heard anything back. This was recent. Hope he gets back to me.

Another local guy I worked with for a while was going to help me out, I emailed him some datalogs of my car at idle but he said the only way he can tune it is for me to mail my handheld tuner to him, then he would mail it back. That makes no sense to me, all tunes can be sent through email nowadays. Plus if the tune is off, I don't have time to constantly send my tuner back and forth till it is. That just won't work for me, I am leaving the name of this company out because they are good people to deal with, good customer service. Just not gonna work for me.

Last option I have is amazon racing, I have been doing remote tunes since 2008 with them. Email back and forth tunes and datalogs. Every tune has always been spot on. But I did email last week and nothing sent back yet. Maybe everyone is super busy. I will continue to try this route.

ANY OTHER OPTIONS OUT THERE?

[ 2014-09-13, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R ]

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FYI I went and bought a brand new SCT X4 programmer today and tuned the car with what little adjustments I could and the car now runs well enough to drive and possibly break in the motor! I already have a SCT xcal 2 that I have been using for tuning but it does not allow me to adjust anything, only for remote custom tunes. Maybe I should just start doing my own tunes, lol buy the SCT racer package!

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've used Brad at RPM in Rohnert Park for my current car and previous. I've been more than happy with the tunes. Far better than anything I could get while living in Portland. He does sct, but I don't know about remote tuning.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
I've used Brad at RPM in Rohnert Park for my current car and previous. I've been more than happy with the tunes. Far better than anything I could get while living in Portland. He does sct, but I don't know about remote tuning.

Are you talking about RPM Speed in French Camp? They just tuned my car and I'm happy with their work. I would take your car to them. The tuner is knowledgable and even offered advice over and over on how I can make more power before I even took my car to him. Good people.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try Force Fed, I've been talking with then about tuning my 93 5.0. They said I need an sct chip then it will be $550 for tune & dyno time. As you know its blown hci, so not super easy

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

^^ lol let's just say I will never go to forcefed for anything. Not even to ask to use the bathroom. Lol

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
^^ lol let's just say I will never go to forcefed for anything. Not even to ask to use the bathroom. Lol

The guy that email tuned my SRT-4 is a bad ass. Idk if he tunes with sct though. I use diablosport for my srt-4. He had it dialed in with 3 data logs. My mods are full bolt ons, e85, huge injectors, 3 bar sensors, 24psi etc etc

Facebook is the best way to get ahold of him. I'll add u to my FB
Brian Mcmahan
dragonres@cfl.rr.com

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aop fresno, borelli motor sports, aed?
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for AOP

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i vote for buying the SCT PRP.. just handle it yourself..

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
5POINTAMRIT
¯
Member # 11311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5POINTAMRIT  Ford pictures for 5POINTAMRIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my 2v tuned after throwing a v2 s trim by shawn ellis over at mustang ranch in santa clara. He did a great job you should check them out

--------------------
2017 Mustang GT
2003 DSG Cobra
1991 Mustang 5.0- Sold
1990 Mustang 5.0 331 Stroker 402rwhp- SOLD
Supercharged 01 Mustang GT 368rwhp-SOLD

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lund

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steve Petty or Don Bailey.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pick up the phone and call Shaun at AED. I don't think he does much communication through e-mail. I know he does not use texts.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another vote for the PRP.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:

Are you talking about RPM Speed in French Camp? They just tuned my car and I'm happy with their work. I would take your car to them. The tuner is knowledgable and even offered advice over and over on how I can make more power before I even took my car to him. Good people.
No, RPM Automotive Services.

http://www.rpmeng.com/

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Pick up the phone and call Shaun at AED. I don't think he does much communication through e-mail. I know he does not use texts.

I did. It was Saturday so he may have been busy. But I left a message. I'll wait and see if he calls back

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ wouldn't count on it,lately he's been very picky on what he tunes,ridiculously high prices and very defensive if things don't go perfect... I wouldn't hold your breath but who knows

[ 2014-09-14, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ortiz performance or
Trick tuners

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard a lot of good about the RPM guys in French camp,pretty solid mustang guys..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Casey, hit up Luis at rpm in French camp

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Casey, hit up Luis at rpm in French camp

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is why i gave up on even modding cars.. too much bs to deal with and its never their fault.. if you want a faster car buy a faster car.. hope you find someone..
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Where is French camp? Bunch of people liking RPM. I will look into that

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was about to PM you about RPM. He's tuning my buddy's built F1 98 cobra and my friends termy swapped big cammed/built GT. Dude knows his stuff and does some badass fabrication.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com