Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 07-09 GT500 vs. 13' 5.O

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 07-09 GT500 vs. 13' 5.O
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Choose. which would you buy?
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GT500 is too heavy.

This is coming from my "I like to take turns at speed" perspective.

If you aren't a serious driver and just want a street cruiser/pimp the boulevard/impress with a badge/HP dyno sheet brag = GT500 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
07-09 GT500 coupe, red with white stripes...always liked that combo [patriot]
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shelby is naturally higher on the food chain. Now if it was termi vs new 5.0 it's newer 5.0 all day

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been casually looking for a 07-09 GT500. Red w/white stripes and 2 tone red/black interior is the only one i would consider. The GT500 has the cool factor for sure and the 07-09's have dropped down in the $30,000 and under range. The GT500 drive train technology is basically a bored and stroked Terminator with a solid rear axle. If you desire cutting edge technology, go with the 5.0 as the GT500 is basically 2003 based.
The new 5.0 engine is a masterpiece and is capable of huge reliable horsepower. I had a chance to drive a 2013 Roush RS3 which is a supercharged 5.0 and quite frankly, it has slowed my pursuit of a GT500. That supercharged 5.0 was crazy impressive. I may hold off on the GT500 and see if the price of the RS3's drop a bit.

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll take the "09" GT500

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5.0. Newer technology, good potential to build power and I like the 2010 and up body style better then the 05-09

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
CoyoteMaster
¯
Member # 13680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMaster  Ford pictures for CoyoteMaster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a 2013 mustang 5.0 greatest buy would recomend picking one up [burnout] [worship] [dance] [Eek!]

--------------------
2013coyote_5.0
93mach1(sold)
32vfoxx(sold)
Coyoteswapnotch

87stang347
¯
Member # 9377

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87stang347  Ford pictures for 87stang347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 07 GT500 white with blue stripes and I wouldn't give it up for a 5.0 I like the mean stance look that it gives with the slanted cut headlights. GT 500 takes the win for me.
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't owned either but I think the gt500 is the more bang for your buck.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gt500. The new 5.0s are too refined for my taste.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I havent driven ether but I think its more of what u want. U want power or u want decent power with technology.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I almost bought one of the older gt500's 08 I believe a few years ago. I recently bought a 2011 5.0, and I would definitely take the new coyote over the old gt500. Another poster said the coyotes are too refined, they are definitely a new level for the Mustang & I love it. All stock revving to 7,000 rpm's he'll yes! The sound of the coyote is definitely Mustang, nasty! Run 9's with a blower, dyno tune, slicks, & e85. The potential of the coyote is absolutely insane. The only other Mustang I truly considered in between the Fox and Coyote was the 03 cobra, but I couldn't afford one at the time because my credit was bad. Now my credit is excellent, so it was easy to afford a lightly used coyote. If you have to finance you'll definitely get better interest rates on the new coyote vs the older gt500's

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
I almost bought one of the older gt500's 08 I believe a few years ago. I recently bought a 2011 5.0, and I would definitely take the new coyote over the old gt500. Another poster said the coyotes are too refined, they are definitely a new level for the Mustang & I love it. All stock revving to 7,000 rpm's he'll yes! The sound of the coyote is definitely Mustang, nasty! Run 9's with a blower, dyno tune, slicks, & e85. The potential of the coyote is absolutely insane. The only other Mustang I truly considered in between the Fox and Coyote was the 03 cobra, but I couldn't afford one at the time because my credit was bad. Now my credit is excellent, so it was easy to afford a lightly used coyote. If you have to finance you'll definitely get better interest rates on the new coyote vs the older gt500's

you can't Rev a stock Coyote to 7000rpm. The Rev limiter is set to 6850 I believe

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com