Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » No Ac help...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: No Ac help...
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So my AC stopped working a while ago. When I turn on the AC I hear the clutch kick on and the engine idles down, but I don't feel any air coming from the vents. This is the same with my heater. I turn the heater on and nothing comes from the vents. What is going on with my AC/heater?

Please help.

Thanks in Advance Guys,

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the pump kicks on, and you're not getting cold air. it needs to be recharged.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
if the pump kicks on, and you're not getting cold air. it needs to be recharged.

He said no air was coming out.
STOCK GT
¯
Member # 5139

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STOCK GT  Ford pictures for STOCK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Capacitor,motor,circuit board,clogged filter,clogged evap coil just to name a few.
90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know ur issue....blend door actuator
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOCK GT:
Capacitor,motor,circuit board,clogged filter,clogged evap coil just to name a few.

What is cheaper to start with? Lol

--------------------

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

quote:
Originally posted by 90 7up lx:
I know ur issue....blend door actuator

That actually makes sense Carlos. Could it be anything else before I take the leap and buy a new one?

[patriot]

--------------------

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If no air is coming from any of the vents I would check the blower motor itself first. Apply 12 volts to the blower motor directly and see if it turns on.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If no air is coming out the vents, but it is coming out the defrost on top of the dash, check the vacuum line that runs along the firewall in the engine compartment from the passenger side to the vacuum tree on the drivers side. Mine broke (with a little help from me) and I had to fix it with a small piece of rubber tubing.
90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What he said ^^^^^^^^……

If it is a bad actuator just bypass it n plug it into vacum and it should start blowing threw the vents....now if yo ac system has a leak then it will not blow cold

Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

If my memory serves me correctly, it use to come out of the top vents and the front vents. Then, it stopped coming out all together hot or cold...

I'm going to.check the lines tomorrow and see what happens. I'll update you guys.

Thank You!!

--------------------

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

I checked the vacuum line and it appears to be ok.

Where is the actuator and blower located?

[ 2014-06-23, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: KARATExxCHUCK ]

--------------------

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull your glove box down and see it your lines and plug in there with be 5 diff color I believe happen to me

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com