Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Help me decide on wheels! (added one more option) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help me decide on wheels! (added one more option)
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I vote for anthracite torque thrusts.
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the ride bro... looks good! I'll eventually upgrade but my 65 currently rolls on 15x7 styled steel wheels with white letter BFGs.

-
 -
 -

Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Five Decimal Zero:
Congrats on the ride bro... looks good! I'll eventually upgrade but my 65 currently rolls on 15x7 styled steel wheels with white letter BFGs.

-
 -
 -

This is the blue coupe I was talking about! Sell me your wheels bro!!! What size tires are you running?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry I can't sell the wheels right now. The tires are 215/60s all the way around.
Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I added one more option - last picture on the original post. Not sure why I didnt think of photoshopping this last night [Roll Eyes]

My original wheels with the beauty rings and all, but with raised letter tires. [patriot]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
**iceman/Dave, I know you've owned quite a few vintage mustangs. Have you ever seen the real Shelby painted Magnum 500's in person? In the pics I found online, they're almost a primer gray color. They're subtle and aggressive on the Shelby's but I'm not sure they'd go well with my car being that it's not fast by any means lol. They remind me of how blacked out rims are in today's generation of muscle cars.

Do you mean the GT350 wheels? Those are almost black in the windows between the "spokes". Pretty similar to the 4th pic.

[ 2014-05-08, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
**iceman/Dave, I know you've owned quite a few vintage mustangs. Have you ever seen the real Shelby painted Magnum 500's in person? In the pics I found online, they're almost a primer gray color. They're subtle and aggressive on the Shelby's but I'm not sure they'd go well with my car being that it's not fast by any means lol. They remind me of how blacked out rims are in today's generation of muscle cars.

Do you mean the GT350 wheels? Those are almost black in the windows between the "spokes". Pretty similar to the 4th pic.
Yes, I guess they're the GT350's...

Not sure how they'd look on my car though. I've only seem these on FBs.

-
 -
 -  -

[ 2014-05-08, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

And if I kept my rims as-is and just replaced my white walls for raised letter tires, this is how the rim/tire combo would turn out.

-
 -

--------------------

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Either the styled steel with raised white letters, or chrome magnum 500's.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Five Decimal Zero:

-
 -
 -

Looks like VW bug rims

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like mine a lot. Simple and didn't break the bank with keeping a classic look.

-

--------------------
1966 Mustang

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

66_5.0, what wheel/ tire size are you running?

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
15x7 235/60/15 in the rear

15x7 205/60/15 in the front. You can even go 15x8 in the back if you want to. I was impatient and didn't want to wait lol.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Jason, I'd love to get those Shelby wheels but they cost too much!

actually the total wheel and tire package cost difference is very little. Magnum 500 and styled steel wheels are not all that cheap when adding the caps and lugs etc..

If you want exact sizes and details pm me I would be glad to help.

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about wait and get what you really want. If you want the Shelby rims, just wait and get what you really want???

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
How about wait and get what you really want. If you want the Shelby rims, just wait and get what you really want???

Well, that's the problem...I don't know what wheels I "really" want (hence the reason for this thread). The Shelby wheels were always nice to me but its not Luke I "really want" them in opposed to the others I posted pics of.

--------------------

American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sent you the info back. I have pics of them in 18" and 17" also from different projects

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com