Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » home owners: anyone have paver stones? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: home owners: anyone have paver stones?
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We're looking to get pavers done on our 4 car driveway. I have a guy coming out soon for an estimate. I'll post the price as soon as I get it.

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had stamped concrete for 12 years. It only has one crack that ive found near an edge. The pattern hides it pretty well. Concrete technology has come a long way, we used our local batch plant and got a high quality mix with more fiber mesh.
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
my wife had a paver company come out for a estimate. cheapest option was over 20k... 4 car driveway with small boat parking

Wow.... In contrast a buddy had his done in Oakland for 11k which covered a 2car driveway, walkway on side yard, sod and pavers on the backyard also. My neighbor which has an identical driveway to mine up the street had his done for 6k...your quote must be covering an enormous area
Depends on what type of pavers they got. Concrete pavers vs cobble stone pavers.

When I was looking at getting a driveway of cobblestone pavers I was quoted like 30$ sq ft just for installation. However, they were going to lay them down in mortar.

I'd be totally happy with the man made stuff vs actual stone especially when the price delta is significant

[ 2014-04-12, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so how much?
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got quoted $12k to do about 900sqft of driveway and walkway w/ pavers, flagstone entry way, stone accent posts at the corners, stone planter boxes, stone veneer the side of my driveway and part of the foundation wall...its a lot of custom built crap.

what ive found is paver stone install labor is around $9/sqft but i found one contractor who works alot with system paver that does it for $6/sqft on labor. you supply the paver of choice.

[ 2014-05-08, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
got quoted $12k to do about 900sqft of driveway and walkway w/ pavers, flagstone entry way, stone accent posts at the corners, stone planter boxes, stone veneer the side of my driveway and part of the foundation wall...its a lot of custom built crap.

what ive found is paver stone install labor is around $9/sqft but i found one contractor who works alot with system paver that does it for $6/sqft on labor. you supply the paver of choice.

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]
sounds like a lot of money but in reality its a small amount to invest on a home. shiet...the roof i am in the process of doing cost me a bit more than that.
believe me, the thought of how much this translates to in terms of what i could get on a car crosses my mind but i dont feel so bad considering it is an actual investment.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
Hit up turbo50, he has pavers

Texas must be lame as fuck

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]
sounds like a lot of money but in reality its a small amount to invest on a home. shiet...the roof i am in the process of doing cost me a bit more than that.
believe me, the thought of how much this translates to in terms of what i could get on a car crosses my mind but i dont feel so bad considering it is an actual investment.

Best upgrade to do to a home is the kitchen. Luckily when I got my newest house most of the remodeling and upgrades were already done. I still have a few things i want to do though so i understand how expensive things can get. Inveting in your home > investing in cars...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

Investing in your home > investing in cars...
Amen [worship] And people wondered why I depleted my "toys" at one point lol. SOme people just dont get it.

And like you, I got lucky that we bought our home with most "big" upgrades/reno's done already. I redid the backyard and small misc stuff last year. I'll soon, hopefully, be doing the driveway as discussed here.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

Best upgrade to do to a home is the kitchen. Luckily when I got my newest house most of the remodeling and upgrades were already done. I still have a few things i want to do though so i understand how expensive things can get. Inveting in your home > investing in cars...
most definitely kitchen. the exterior stuff is icing on the cake.
cars are toys and an expense...rarely an investment for most ppl.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

Amen [worship] And people wondered why I depleted my "toys" at one point lol. SOme people just dont get it.

And like you, I got lucky that we bought our home with most "big" upgrades/reno's done already. I redid the backyard and small misc stuff last year. I'll soon, hopefully, be doing the driveway as discussed here.

unless the house was a perfect fit, i prefer one that needs upgrades since u can customize to ur liking. it is convenient though to get something that is done up already and only needs minor details.

if you need recommendations on a paver guy or landscaping let me know. i think ive narrowed it down to 2 i would definitely use. one is cheaper while the other seems to fit what im looking for in terms of creativity, vision and reasonable prices for the work done.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

unless the house was a perfect fit, i prefer one that needs upgrades since u can customize to ur liking. it is convenient though to get something that is done up already and only needs minor details.

if you need recommendations on a paver guy or landscaping let me know. i think ive narrowed it down to 2 i would definitely use. one is cheaper while the other seems to fit what im looking for in terms of creativity, vision and reasonable prices for the work done.

I'll definitely let you know when I'm ready for the paver. I'm still hoping that house prices boom within the next couple years so I can go for one last run at upgrading homes [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

Shoot my buddy just redid his roof. 24k. He got it done with some type of stone. It has a 100yr warranty. I thought he was crazy.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

I'll definitely let you know when I'm ready for the paver. I'm still hoping that house prices boom within the next couple years so I can go for one last run at upgrading homes [Big Grin]
aint we all? haha. i dont think itll go up much more than where it is..im just hoping it stays stable which is should since buying pool is actually legit.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
quote:
quote:

12k? Damn! [Eek!]

Shoot my buddy just redid his roof. 24k. He got it done with some type of stone. It has a 100yr warranty. I thought he was crazy.
i dunno about that ...a 24k roof w/ that warranty would make me question exactly waht it is. maybe he encased his roof in solid aluminum. LOL
most composite shingle roofs that range in cost from 10-20k come with the mfg 30year warranty against material defect while the installer typically has a 5 year warranty on workmanship.

i came across a roofer(mr roofing) that had a 30 year warranty on the install but apparently they are like 5% in the nation that are certified by the mfg to offer warranties on the install to 30years. they were also like 2x the price of avg.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I personally like stamped concrete. But I've seen some really nice stone work while delivering in nicer neighborhoods. Do you have pretty big area you're thinking of doing?

Stamped concrete always cracks. Also if it's stained it always fades. Proper pave stone install will maintain the same look forever.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com