Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » SRT8 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: SRT8
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vette driver probably wasnt even racing lol. Base C5's have 345 HP but they are probably a good 1000 lbs lighter than an SRT8 300, With 5 people in the car, Thats just BS. lol

[ 2014-03-04, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Vette driver probably wasnt even racing lol. Base C5's have 345 HP but they are probably a good 1000 lbs lighter than an SRT8 300, With 5 people in the car, Thats just BS. lol

Stock srt8 trap maybe 105-06mph pre 392
392 srt8 trap maybe 112-113mph
Ls1 vette 107mph

Add 4 extra passengers to the pre 392 srt8 and it should get rolled pretty good.

A loaded 392 should be good race for stock ls1 Vette

All rice math I know.

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FiveOhChuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
Not a ford but I drove my friends Chrysler 300C SRT8 to sac yesterday for that CMI event and I gotta say that's one bad ass ride and I managed to kill a vette on the freeway [Big Grin]

You sure he was racing you i beat a charger srt 8 on the freeway with my 07 gt. [BS flag] [Whoo Whooooo!]
agreed...no way a srt8 with 5 people will beat a stock 98 up corvette
It's really that hard to believe? The early 2000 base models are slow af. 345hp. The early vettes run 13.6 at the track and the 2010 300c runs 12.4 at the track with 425hp. It's not impossible to beat a vette
is more accurate to compare trap speeds if you're gonna compare cars on the street. A 425hp srt is as slow as a 97-04 ls1 vette. Speed wise they're both comparable. Maybe even an edge to the vette. I've never seen an srt8 run 12.4 but if it did maybe at one of the day eat coast tracks. On chargerforums Most run low 13's with them. Maybe mid 13's

[ 2014-03-04, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Vette drivers are notoriously pussy footed, so if you were in a big POS dodge with a bunch of friends you wanted to show off to then yeah i'm sure you smoked the vette.

I'm guessing the vette saw a car trying to punk em, then looked over to see a bunch of cholos and said fuck it, its not worth it.

Any of the new chryslers seem "cool" at first until your power windows go out. Let me know how cool the price tag fixing that along with all the other problems dodges typically have. Then you're really cool bro. [Embarrassed]

Lol what's a cholo [Confused]
See pic for cholo definition, typical dodge drivers

-

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Vette drivers are notoriously pussy footed, so if you were in a big POS dodge with a bunch of friends you wanted to show off to then yeah i'm sure you smoked the vette.

I'm guessing the vette saw a car trying to punk em, then looked over to see a bunch of cholos and said fuck it, its not worth it.

Any of the new chryslers seem "cool" at first until your power windows go out. Let me know how cool the price tag fixing that along with all the other problems dodges typically have. Then you're really cool bro. [Embarrassed]

-

Lmao [worship]

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

subbz
¯
Member # 12920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for subbz  Ford pictures for subbz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

OMG I almost spit out my chipotle burrito!!!
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

I drive a Dodge [Frown]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Blk93Pony
¯
Member # 10798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93Pony  Ford pictures for Blk93Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why is there a chevy in the background of that picture then? Lol

--------------------
Black 93 Mustang GT - currently down
Pearl Black 06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 - stock for now

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Lmao [worship]
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ls1 bruh
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow4v:
Ls1 bruh

Ls1 bruh

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com