Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1st person police cam (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 1st person police cam
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
um wtf just happened?
http://youtu.be/Bk58MLZaNm0

[ 2014-02-25, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup. Dumb ass should listen.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
Yup. Dumb ass should listen.

+1

sucks for the officer to be put in that position.

[ 2014-02-24, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: losbadgts ]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man fuck that cop 5 shots was not necessary [Mad]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red5o:

Really? How many shots is needed to kill someone?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know fuck that cop he should have shot him in the eyeball so he couldn't see then ran away and called for backup. Lol
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

U know maybe someone can shine in on this. But I was thinking about it and was the 5 shot really needed. I mean the knife was visible I think maybe 2 shots to the should being he was very close range. So my question is when traning is it in the academy do they teach u to shot and kill or wound. I mean if it was a gun I can see kill him. But a knife vs gun.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And what about tazers? Weren't they put into police hands for situations like this where it can end without someone dying?

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:

He could have knee-capped the motherfucker but if he lived to tell his side of the story then the whole PD might/probably got sued. Either for negligence or some other dumb shit U'd never think...

And yea there was a video but the law isnt written in stone, its meant to be manipulated. Even with a video...

I would argue that there was no threat to fire fivr rounds... 3 in the chest/2 in the head. Sounds like an assassination to me... [Whoo Whooooo!] nigga!

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlo:
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:

He could have knee-capped the motherfucker but if he lived to tell his side of the story then the whole PD might/probably got sued. Either for negligence or some other dumb shit U'd never think...

And yea there was a video but the law isnt written in stone, its meant to be manipulated. Even with a video...

I would argue that there was no threat to fire fivr rounds... 3 in the chest/2 in the head. Sounds like an assassination to me... [Whoo Whooooo!] nigga!

Perfictly said

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:
And what about tazers? Weren't they put into police hands for situations like this where it can end without someone dying?

+1

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cops are trained to kill. And then get Two weeks paid leave to think about what he/she has done...

Oh yeah, plus and a dead man can rebuttal.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Knife vs gun isn't so simple. Dude was close and approaching the officer causing the officer to have to backup through the house. If the officer would've tripped he'd be dead. I personally think the guy was trying to force the cop to kill him.

http://youtu.be/4AN2PUzVYWQ

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:
Knife vs gun isn't so simple. Dude was close and approaching the officer causing the officer to have to backup through the house. If the officer would've tripped he'd be dead. I personally think the guy was trying to force the cop to kill him.

http://youtu.be/4AN2PUzVYWQ

If he wanted to hurt the officer he would have done so or gotten close. As said in here if he would have tripped, he's dead. 5 shots may be excessive but I don't know the whole story.

Maybe the guy is mentally unstable. Who knows. But he was told at least 3 times to drop it.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't get why one in each knee cap wouldn't have been just as affective. I don't have special training. But it seems that would have stopped him from getting to you with a knife.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This isn't the fucking movies lol cops don't shoot for your leg or your butt cheeks...if they shoot at you its going to be a minimum of 3 shots center mass.

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
This isn't the fucking movies lol cops don't shoot for your leg or your butt cheeks...if they shoot at you its going to be a minimum of 3 shots center mass.

Lmfao at the butt cheeks. No they shoot center mass.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Put yourself in his position. This officer probably has a wife and kids and faced with this situation its either the officer or the suspect, which one do you think wants to go home to his family at the end of the day. I'd do whatever it takes for me to go home at the end of the day not roll over and let someone stab me.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think a taser would have been just fine to subdue the suspect with a knife

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Officers are trained to move to the next level of force ie suspect with knife = use gun. Also, I attended a training a few years ago where an instructor came at us with a knife, if you don't already have our gun drawn and are ready to shoot within about a 20 feet radius you get stabbed every single time which equals not going home to your family. In that position you would shoot too.

Also, for those of you saying fuck the cop lol I ask that you stop screaming that you will blast the next person who tries to steal your precious foxbody.

[ 2014-02-25, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Officers are trained to move to the next level of force ie suspect with knife = use gun. Also, I attended a training a few years ago where an instructor came at us with a knife, if you don't already have our gun drawn and are ready to shoot within about a 20 feet radius you get stabbed every single time which equals not going home to your family. In that position you would shoot too.

Also, for those of you saying fuck the cop lol I ask that you stop screaming that you will blast the next person who tries to steal your precious foxbody.

I agree. This isn't an old Western movie. Center mass and keep pulling the trigger until the threat is done (pretty much dead). That's why you don't mess with anyone with a gun especially a trained officer.
Tazers may or may not work. If both prongs don't hook, officer is dead. Using his gun was clearly the right thing to do. The officers job isn't too make it a fair fight and winner takes all.

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Arch:
I don't get why one in each knee cap wouldn't have been just as affective. I don't have special training. But it seems that would have stopped him from getting to you with a knife.

My question would be in a life or death situation are you going to try to shoot at a moving target the size of an orange or a basketball while backing up ? This guy gave the officer no other choice but to kill him ..
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Knee caps?? Hahahaha is this a joke?? Someone's walking at you with knives in their hands with a crazy blank look on their face while being unresponsive, while all of this is happening in a 10x12 room, and someone says kneecaps Lmao...

Aim big miss small....

[ 2014-02-25, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: RED@7kVERT *8850GT* ]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

So you're gonna only shoot an intruder breaking into our house one time? You shoot till the threat is stopped. [patriot]

If he had used a taser and still died then everyone would say, " he should have just pulled a rock bottom to hulk leg drop to figure 4 leg lock on the guy instead of killing him."

[ 2014-02-25, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com