Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cop shoots 17yr old,mistakes wii controller for gun! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cop shoots 17yr old,mistakes wii controller for gun!
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rough [Frown]

EUHARLEE, Ga. — A Euharlee police officer opened fire on 17-year-old Christopher Roupe while serving a warrant for probation violation on the child’s father, claiming the boy pointed a gun at her.

But when neighbors ran up the home, they instead found a Wii remote in the boy’s dead hands.

According to the attorney for the family, Cole Law, “The eyewitnesses on the scene clearly state that he had a Wii controller in his hand. He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest.”

The victim, a student at Woodland High School, aspired to join the Marines and participated in his school’s ROTC program.

The officer responsible for the shooting is currently on administrative leave.

How much longer will Americans tolerate the shield of “qualified immunity” that allows police officers to put their lives before those of the citizens they are allegedly sworn to protect? This shooting comes on the heels of the decision to put the eight Los Angeles police officers responsible for firing 103 shots at two women in a pickup truck delivering newspapers back on the streets with no punishment.

According to the district attorney in that case, the police officers “honestly and reasonably believed” that an armed suspect was driving the truck. Just like this police officer probably “honestly and reasonably” believed that this 17-year-old child’s Wii remote was a gun.

So much for “protect and serve.” Welcome to “shoot first, justify later.”

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that sucks for the kid who knows what kind of shit the dad was into. Sucks for the cop too. Its easy to judge but I can see doing that type of job is not easy and have to respond fast. Sad story overall

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP to that kid and hopefully the cops gets punishment that fits the crime. You can't excuse that sort of mistake I understand the risk involved in a job like law enforcement but you can't look past a mistake of that nature. Sad all the way around.

--------------------
03 Terminator

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not answering with identifying him or her self as a police officer was in the wrong from the word go that is if the story was written accurately .. Remember this was one side of the story

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Not answering with identifying him or her self as a police officer was in the wrong from the word go that is if the story was written accurately .. Remember this was one side of the story

By law, if a search warrant is being served there has to be a "Knock and Notice". If that wasn't done there may be issues in the entry. Sucks for that kid and the officer.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got shot for a white gun, great job popo.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn to young

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Simple truth. You are more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist. Cops have killed more people than the war in Iraq, or Afghanistan. This cop should be kicked off the squad and tried for murder! Being a Leo doesn't give you the right to execute people.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
Simple truth. You are more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist. Cops have killed more people than the war in Iraq, or Afghanistan. This cop should be kicked off the squad and tried for murder! Being a Leo doesn't give you the right to execute people.

[patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Got shot for a white gun, great job popo.

+1 I was thinking the same thing when I was reading that article. A wii gun controller is WHITE, how do you mistake that for a gun SMH.

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They should charge her scared bitchass for murder, and test them officers better, dont need scared ass jittery cops serving warrants if they cant handle it, cuz theyll just shoot everywhere and shit like this happens

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Police officer was said to be crying, she knows she fucked up. Wouldn't be surprised she gets a desk job from here on out.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck the police, biggest gang in America, biggest threat to your life.

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks a 17 year old had to die. If bad ass billy guns wasn't on probation this incident would of never occurred . Blame the dad .jk I can only imagine the officers reaction .. Needing to walk into someone's home that is on probation/patrol and you see a guy with a gun pointing at you . That must of been a really fast reaction . Hell it can be a 17 year old kid that looks like a 25 year old man . It's hard to judge without a video or actually being at the scene

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

[patriot]
So damn true. Police officers constantly shoot citizens and get off. Too damn sad.
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the article said, at what point are the people going to say enough is enough!

RIP kid

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:

[Roll Eyes]

[ 2014-02-20, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: twins ]

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A women. Figures.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twins:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]
^^^^^ cop

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yet they would be the first thing you call if something happened to you or your family.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:

Yet they would be the first thing you call if something happened to you or your family.
No they would be that last people I called. How many times in the past 2 months have you seen people call the cops, Just to have them shoot and kill the person they were there to help? Last thing I would ever do is call the cops. You call them as a last resort. [patriot]

[ 2014-02-20, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

quote:
quote:
quote:

No they would be that last people I called. How many times in the past 2 months have you seen people call the cops, Just to have them shoot and kill the person they were there to help? Last thing I would ever do is call the cops. You call them as a last resort. [patriot]
Exactly I'm not calling anybody I got my own ways.and my family? I didn't take on that responsibility with out knowing what I would have to do to protect them or keep them safe. Cops aren't going to do shit for me except harass me ask me stupid fucking questions. My family is mine and that makes it up to me not the punk ass faggot ass cops

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly I'm not calling anybody I got my own ways.and my family? I didn't take on that responsibility with out knowing what I would have to do to protect them or keep them safe. Cops aren't going to do shit for me except harass me ask me stupid fucking questions. My family is mine and that makes it up to me not the punk ass faggot ass cops
I don't quite feel the same way you do about the cops. I don't hate them, and I have a few Leo's as friends. They will tell you the same thing. There are a lot of cops nowadays, aren't there to protect you, or help you. They aren't there to serve and protect. They are they to exert their will. They don't even try to deescalate problems.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't quite feel the same way you do about the cops. I don't hate them, and I have a few Leo's as friends. They will tell you the same thing. There are a lot of cops nowadays, aren't there to protect you, or help you. They aren't there to serve and protect. They are they to exert their will. They don't even try to deescalate problems.
Well I don't know any cops and I've never dealt with one that seemed to care to protect and serve lol

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
terrible and tragic all around...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com