Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Firearm owners take a look

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Firearm owners take a look
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seems like a long shot, but has anybody seen this? I have been seeing a lot of talk from the NRA regarding this, but this is the first I've seen regarding the outcome. Anyone heard of this source or how legitimate they are? This is getting me all fired up.

http://politix.topix.com/story/10424-its-now-legal-to-carry-concealed-guns-in-public-in-california

More in depth read http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Court-strikes-California-law-limiting-concealed-5232386.php

[ 2014-02-19, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Ryan_LX ]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As far as I understand it, you still need to apply for a ccw and go through the motions, the difference being that now they can no longer ask you to give good cause and possibly deny you, if you apply for it, you get it.

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another link added

--------------------
Jesus is king!

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is awesome. Glad this is finally being tended to, as its been a serious issue for years now.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im going to look in to it

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The title of that article is very misleading.

1. It has never been illegal so long as you have a permit. Getting the permit has always been the problem. You still need a permit to legally carry a handgun concealed.

2. Many counties already issue permits quite easily. Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa and San Joaquin counties aren't one of them. You will not get a permit in these counties unless you know someone or you routinely carry large sums of cash as part of your job function.

3. It will be at least 12-18 months before all of the legal issues are ironed out before those counties are forced to issue permits.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercury God of Speed  Ford pictures for Mercury God of Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only North or South, Sac and Fresno are our friends.

--------------------
Ford Blue Blood. 68 XR7 390 X code Cougar, 95 GTS(sold) 95 GT(Donor) 06' GT Black on Black(sold)

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The new laws says, you don't need to show cause, but I'm sure they will still reject people's application for no reason! That's why I love NV, it was so easy, just pass everything and they hand it to you because its your right [Big Grin]

When I transfer my stuff to California, I will lawyer up, I think that is the only way to get one in Sacramento county. I guess I'll find out this year!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
The new laws says, you don't need to show cause, but I'm sure they will still reject people's application for no reason! That's why I love NV, it was so easy, just pass everything and they hand it to you because its your right [Big Grin]

When I transfer my stuff to California, I will lawyer up, I think that is the only way to get one in Sacramento county. I guess I'll find out this year!

Sac county is good to go. The biggest problem there is getting an appointment for your interview. At one point they were 9-12 months backlogged. They might be better now.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard the anti's appealed right away but it sounds like some sheriffs are backing out of appealing and going with the ruling? i don't know whats going on with it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcsal  Ford pictures for Pcsal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in Salt Lake City working for a while I just my Ccw here then applied to Arizona online and got that one next is Nevada and I will be good for 42 states to carry when I apply to Cali I will show all three of them and hope it helps
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79389885/
Ccw is available now. No one has appealed.

[patriot]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com