Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Comp Orange 04 Cobra Listed FS (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Comp Orange 04 Cobra Listed FS
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
thanks for all the info and opinions...does the 2014 5.0 have any known issues?

Yeah that the 11/12 look better. [Razz]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
This cobra or 2014 5.0? Opinions

sorry bro but that's kinda of a dumb question, yes the cobra is sick, but its an 11 year car even with low mileage it'll show its age, 2011+ 5.0 warranty new every thing beats old school
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love 03/04 Cobras but 28k for a 11 year old car, not worth it. Lots of other cars in that price range that you can go for.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
financially speaking, its a smarter decision to buy the newer car. but if you're wanting an 03/04 cobra. then yes, this is your best option. Like I said before, that's the selling point of this car. 03/04 comp orange ( rarest color ) unmolested and 12k miles.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Financially speaking, it may be a little better to go with a 11-12 cause of the lower prices. But having a brand new car besides the financial aspect of it is pretty freaking cool.

I like the look of all the coyote's, the Saleen isnt that much more expensive than a GT premium. FYI

As far as issues, the only one I've really had issue with upfront is the cheesy 6speed shifter. It fucking bounces back, is vague as fuck until you get an aftermarket short shifter. All that shit goes away. Living without the SYNC function in the new car seems like torture to have to drive around without the bluetooth integration and stuff.

[ 2014-02-07, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're paying for the color, miles, and svt cobra factor. Awesome looking car in that color!!

You're going to have something most people wish or don't have. I think these factors alone are worth the extra couple thousand you're going to pay. Roll on the street in that car car and people are going to notice.

28k obo is smart on his part. Negotiate the the things you don't like with the guy, things you want to change and how much it will cost you if you purchase it. If you have the cash and the guy is legit (which it looks like it to me) see how what you can leverage with that alone.

I think he's not far off what he's asking but maybe you can pick it up for 25k. Good luck, bad ass looking cobra, hope you get it!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
28k I wouldn't pay, maybe 23-24k but that's just me.
Pick what YOU like better, whether it be a 03-04 cobra or 11-14 5.0. Myself, I think the 03-04 body style is the sexiest of all, but I'm being biased because I love mine and it gets a ton of attention everywhere. For every 1 03-04 cobra I see, I see 20+ Coyotes.
But choose what you want, both wont let you down that's for sure.

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8urgm  Ford pictures for 8urgm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
Pick what YOU like better, whether it be a 03-04 cobra or 11-14 5.0. Myself, I think the 03-04 body style is the sexiest of all, but I'm being biased because I love mine and it gets a ton of attention everywhere. For every 1 03-04 cobra I see, I see 20+ Coyotes.

+1 What he said! [patriot]

--------------------
* ILLICIT FORDS* SHARK TOWN*

04 BLK TERMINATOR

RIP PRIMO RICARDO 3/10/12
RIP LIL HOMIE TECH9 3/8/12
RIP HOMIE WILLIE(5ltrsvt) 11/23/12

Posts: 439 | From: SAN JOSE/EL DF | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt pay over $15k for a 2003/04 Cobra. Once we start getting into the $20-$25k range, I'd rather get a 2013+ GT. Its a no brainer.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That Cobra is well over priced. I have been casually looking at 03/04's for about year and all the ones that i have entered into serious negotiation on have dropped well under 20K. I have looked at stock to very tastefully modified. The biggest thing to consider on this car is the mileage. Although low at 13K, this is about the mileage the famous "Head Tick" starts to make itself known. A compression test is always a good idea for any 03/04 but it may show good at this low mileage. I looked at a 03 Cobra that had replacement heads. The owner bought it used with low miles and by the time it had 20K, it developed a rather noisy tick that required a head replacement. I simply would not buy a "Low Mile" Cobra for that reason especially at a price range that will get you into any number of awesome newer cars.

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im already considering the 2014 5.0...toying with options and color now. then searching bay area dealerships for the best deal.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SWITCH 625.0:
That Cobra is well over priced. I have been casually looking at 03/04's for about year and all the ones that i have entered into serious negotiation on have dropped well under 20K. I have looked at stock to very tastefully modified. The biggest thing to consider on this car is the mileage. Although low at 13K, this is about the mileage the famous "Head Tick" starts to make itself known. A compression test is always a good idea for any 03/04 but it may show good at this low mileage. I looked at a 03 Cobra that had replacement heads. The owner bought it used with low miles and by the time it had 20K, it developed a rather noisy tick that required a head replacement. I simply would not buy a "Low Mile" Cobra for that reason especially at a price range that will get you into any number of awesome newer cars.

True, maybe the tick started and instead of driving it around he parked it. Hard to say but on any blown motor you always want a compression test. Nobody buys a supercharged vehicle to drive it like a granny.

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
I wouldnt pay over $15k for a 2003/04 Cobra. Once we start getting into the $20-$25k range, I'd rather get a 2013+ GT. Its a no brainer.

Good luck on a termi for 15

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford warranty on a stock unmodified vehicle like this comp orange termi is your bestfriend about $600 a year ,after it passes a 150 point inspection

[ 2014-02-07, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
quote:

Good luck on a termi for 15
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminators-buy-sell-254/993517-motivated-seller-low-price-black-03-10th-ann-84k-miles.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4314791917.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4306170138.html

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ok so , Go to maryland and the svtp one or simply settle for a flop top termi which nobody likes , or take the termi thats been on craigs for a yr

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Shipping a car from maryland means an additional 1K for outside exposed trailer. In a inclosed trailer is gonna be much more.

I personally would never buy a car without being able to drive it unless it was brand spanking new or some special edition. These are 03 04 Cobras, not the holy grail of the mustang world, like some people on here tend to think.

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
Pretty sure that guy used to be a member here.... If it's the same dude greasy and his bro bought a 93 cobra from him... Takes great care of his cars.

I thought it was Matt's car too but it's not. His idlers were competition orange.

As far as it being a clean car it looks good but IMO the caster camber plates were installed wrong, that makes me think what else could be installed wrong? 28K is too much even for the mileage.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Ok so , Go to maryland and the svtp one or simply settle for a flop top termi which nobody likes , or take the termi thats been on craigs for a yr

You got an excuse for everything lol. Should i go post the laundry list of 2003/04 Cobras for $16-$18k that will probably settle for $15-$16k?

These cars are not worth $20K+ anymore. Financing them is becoming very hard to do. People are going to have to start having to ask cash prices for them if they want to move them.

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

You got an excuse for everything lol. Should i go post the laundry list of 2003/04 Cobras for $16-$18k that will probably settle for $15-$16k?

These cars are not worth $20K+ anymore. Financing them is becoming very hard to do. People are going to have to start having to ask cash prices for them if they want to move them.

Lol we got a real expert here [Roll Eyes]
A low mile termi coupe for 15-16k? Good luck.

[ 2014-02-07, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Saleen 00-0768 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:

BEST DESCRIBED FOR YOU ROBB

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do people believe this car is unmolested
-cut springs
-93 octane tune
-cai
-missing pulley cover
The tune it's self tells me it's been abused and how hard is it to disconnect a odometer and re hook back up for a few hundred miles before a smog to record odometer readings just a little thing to take into consideration op

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, REALLY FINANCIALLY SPEAKING buying this Cobra would be a better option. Yes it is an 11 year old car but it will ALWAYS maintain its current value. Especially being a Comp orange and having super super low miles. How much will this car be worth in the next 10-20 years vs. an '14 GT. A 2014 GT will only plummet in value and one day be worth nowhere near what you pay for it.

Some of you dudes are straight up ignorant when saying financially it makes better sense to buy a new car. Yes, maybe the next few years but not in the long term.

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But really it's all about personal prefrence...
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Boss 302 and never look back

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com