Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » who wants a 4 eyed coyote? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: who wants a 4 eyed coyote?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
Obviously I am a huge fan of modular swap foxes but in going to disagree simply because the body is not on par with what a $26k dollar car should be! Now Jeremy's car will be a 26k dollar car once his swap is done! I'm sure u can clearly paint that picture! If not then tell me what u think Jeremy's car would be worth with the coyote swap! Yes u can't replicate it but like most say, u dont get in what u pay! It is what it is. I think the price of this car should be $20k. No way does he see $26k. Just off what the market has these cars actually selling for!

I'm a little bit confused. YOU think this car is worth $20k but YOU think your Mach 1 swap fox is worth $25k? I don't know about you but I'd have a Coyote swapped fox(way better motor) than a Mach 1 swapped fox. Not trying to talk shit just don't understand. [Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Obviously I am a huge fan of modular swap foxes but in going to disagree simply because the body is not on par with what a $26k dollar car should be! Now Jeremy's car will be a 26k dollar car once his swap is done! I'm sure u can clearly paint that picture! If not then tell me what u think Jeremy's car would be worth with the coyote swap! Yes u can't replicate it but like most say, u dont get in what u pay! It is what it is. I think the price of this car should be $20k. No way does he see $26k. Just off what the market has these cars actually selling for!

I'm a little bit confused. YOU think this car is worth $20k but YOU think your Mach 1 swap fox is worth $25k? I don't know about you but I'd have a Coyote swapped fox(way better motor) than a Mach 1 swapped fox. Not trying to talk shit just don't understand. [Confused]
Actually I said that I wouldn't sell my car less then 20k and with the upgrades I'm doing right now I wouldn't take less then 25k. I just put another 10k in my fox. A and my fox has show quality paint job, new edge interior swap and iRS! So even u can see the difference. Plus my car is on a whole nother level then the car in OP, it's a motor swap that anybody could do theirselves, don't impress me. My car is wired front to back with everything working and no lights on my dash! And my car has been BAR'd, 100% smog legal! Would his pass smog? No. Shall I keep going?

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually I said that I wouldn't sell my car less then 20k and with the upgrades I'm doing right now I wouldn't take less then 25k. I just put another 10k in my fox. A and my fox has show quality paint job, new edge interior swap and iRS! So even u can see the difference. Plus my car is on a whole nother level then the car in OP, it's a motor swap that anybody could do theirselves, don't impress me. My car is wired front to back with everything working and no lights on my dash! And my car has been BAR'd, 100% smog legal! Would his pass smog? No. Shall I keep going?
Just asked. I'm shure the coyote swap can be BAR'd too but I know it's not. And smog ain't a problem don't you see I'm the smog man. [Cool]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Oh and you know that we will have over $100k into Finns build but even if he was ever to sell that car I would say it would be hard to get anything over $30k. Of course it would never be sold. Sucks but this hobby has no return investment, this ain't real estate

This.

50 cents on the dollar would be lucky on builds on like these. 30% is probably about right. That being said I don't see the value in the coyote swap. And yes I will say it, you can buy a brand new 5.0 with all the creature comforts and a warranty for what this guy is asking in a nearly 30 year old chassis.

Ok with that being said. Most people do the coyote swap for about $12k. All new parts. Add the tranny in and some suspension. 18k and the stock 4 eye body(nothing special or expensive in any way) say $3000.so investment without labor we are looking at roughly 21-23k! But the people on here think this car is worth 26k??? Lol get outta here. Where is the 50% investment? I base cars off a whole package not a silly motor swap that all conversion parts are sold for! Don't take anything more then a set of wrenches and some time to put one of these motors in

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just asked. I'm shure the coyote swap can be BAR'd too but I know it's not. And smog ain't a problem don't you see I'm the smog man. [Cool]
Nate to make that car smog legal would take a TON of work. My car has the full evap ran from tank to motor, tank, all EgR
Parts, and no to u smog don't mean anything, me either. My new build won't pass simply for the longtubes I'm putting on but will still pass pipe if I run pump gas

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Oh and you know that we will have over $100k into Finns build but even if he was ever to sell that car I would say it would be hard to get anything over $30k. Of course it would never be sold. Sucks but this hobby has no return investment, this ain't real estate

This.

50 cents on the dollar would be lucky on builds on like these. 30% is probably about right. That being said I don't see the value in the coyote swap. And yes I will say it, you can buy a brand new 5.0 with all the creature comforts and a warranty for what this guy is asking in a nearly 30 year old chassis.

Ok with that being said. Most people do the coyote swap for about $12k. All new parts. Add the tranny in and some suspension. 18k and the stock 4 eye body(nothing special or expensive in any way) say $3000.so investment without labor we are looking at roughly 21-23k! But the people on here think this car is worth 26k??? Lol get outta here. Where is the 50% investment? I base cars off a whole package not a silly motor swap that all conversion parts are sold for! Don't take anything more then a set of wrenches and some time to put one of these motors in
I think he's got closer to $40K into this one, he has a top notch suspension and a few items that make it stand out from the crowd. The car also has national recognition which does count. I'd say high teens is a fair price.
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Well to be fair, I love these swaps and want to one on my next project. I honestly think that it could be done on a budget using used parts. I seen a complete motor on SVTP the other day for $3800, a couple conversion parts, a K-member, exhaust and control packs and it's done. Grab a used T-56 out of a cobra and I think this swap could be done for about $10k into a rolling fox chassis. Using manual steering and manual brakes if course. I would think a used hydro boost setup wouldn't be to expensive either. Would be a fun project. Maybe I will do it and ask $26k and see what cafords says then.

Although I am glad that cafords is coming around to the idea of foxbodys being worth more money. At one time people were saying it's stupid to put over $10k in a fox cause they would never sell for more then $10k! Times have changed

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's what it REALLY costs to do it the proper way with new running gear. ..this doesnt include the clutch and transmission to hold 800rw either
And then the blower setup

Suspension

paint

Custom wheels.

you can it cheap..or you can do it right.

-

[ 2014-01-24, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ya Jason that setup is for boost and has a lot of upgraded parts that are necessary for high HP. The car the OP posted does not have those parts. There are many ways to tackle this. Jeremy is doing it right!!! I'm sure he will be throwing on a big blower to. Should make great power. Some twins would be sick. Make over 1000rw

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm curious, how many people on this site have completed, or are building a Coyote swapped Fox, SN95, or anything for that matter?
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm building my '93 Cobra right now with a Coyote swap and my brother and I did a Terminator conversion on his '93 Cobra.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
I'm curious, how many people on this site have completed, or are building a Coyote swapped Fox, SN95, or anything for that matter?

I've built, modded, rebuilt..plenty of vehicles. .my own personal when through a full redo (suspension, fuel, drivetrain) 2 years ago...decided against a swap and dumped the money into an HP setup instead of swap parts...

Never have done a swap yet but definitely looking forward to doing one someday soon..thinking of going 4v in my car

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Ya Jason that setup is for boost and has a lot of upgraded parts that are necessary for high HP. The car the OP posted does not have those parts. There are many ways to tackle this. Jeremy is doing it right!!! I'm sure he will be throwing on a big blower to. Should make great power. Some twins would be sick. Make over 1000rw

Actually he's shying away from the 1xxx digits anymore. .he wants more of a driver like the 700 to 750rw area at most...he's thinking of doing one of the new prochargers with that step boost system so he can a low boost and higher boost tune on the fly...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

I've built, modded, rebuilt..plenty of vehicles. .my own personal when through a full redo (suspension, fuel, drivetrain) 2 years ago...decided against a swap and dumped the money into an HP setup instead of swap parts...

Never have done a swap yet but definitely looking forward to doing one someday soon..thinking of going 4v in my car

[Eek!] Yes do the 4v mod!

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:

[Eek!] Yes do the 4v mod!
Really considering it...a lot more streetable especially in the higher HP area...heads are better...handles boost a lot better...newer technology etc...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

4v FTW!! Do it Jason, I made the switch like 5 years ago and will never build another pushrod motor for myself. Yes modulars are a little more pricey but it's about the technology and the streetable power aspect. My motor is at don's shop right now. My pockets are getting drained fast!!!

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I know Kurgan is on the site from time to time.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Screw it. My car is for sale, $26k ready for coyote swap!

-

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've said it before, & I will say it again... A Fox is worth whatever someone will pay for it! I'm getting tired of hearing people argue about what a fox is or isn't worth. Every "overprced fox" thread I've seen over the last few weeks all had badass, well done foxes that were all worth a nice chunk IMO... Guaranteed none of the cars in question could be properly built for under $30k, period!!!

This is why I will NOT sell my fox anytime soon, because even though my car is clean & has a bunch of good parts on it, to the average Cafords'er, My car is worth $6k... I wouldn't sell it for less than $12k & my car ain't even "nice" like these ones, but that is what my car is worth TO ME!

[ 2014-01-24, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not to mention y'all, but that full Maximum Motorsports suspension setup ain't cheap either, on top of all the other custom parts involved!

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Foxbodys worth 2500 at the most lol

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

So. Since these cars are worth $20k-&26k, I wonder what Streakmatts fox would be worth?

--------------------

SVT93R
¯
Member # 12474

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for SVT93R  Ford pictures for SVT93R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Power to weight is always the best way to judge the FUN factor of any vehicle...do the math!

2900 lb Foxbody + 450 Plus HP Coyote = [Wink]

--------------------
Alan Scalf

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Not many I guess!!
[Confused] [patriot]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
I've said it before, & I will say it again... A Fox is worth whatever someone will pay for it! I'm getting tired of hearing people argue about what a fox is or isn't worth. Every "overprced fox" thread I've seen over the last few weeks all had badass, well done foxes that were all worth a nice chunk IMO... Guaranteed none of the cars in question could be properly built for under $30k, period!!!

This is why I will NOT sell my fox anytime soon, because even though my car is clean & has a bunch of good parts on it, to the average Cafords'er, My car is worth $6k... I wouldn't sell it for less than $12k & my car ain't even "nice" like these ones, but that is what my car is worth TO ME!

what he said [patriot]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com