Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » members who live in pittsburgh/brentwood (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: members who live in pittsburgh/brentwood
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree, I really like Brentwood, however, it's getting there that's the problem....for now (Hwy 4). Can't wait 'till it's finished. All traffic going that direction from 3 to 7 sucks.
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The pittsburgh/brentwood area going to be a cheaper area to live in San Francisco, but that's not a good thing. pittsburgh and brentwood are cheap places to live in because they are shit holes.

In Brentwood, its a land of strip malls and culdisacks and that means everything is spread out so you cant really walk to anything so you have to hop into the car to go to the store. Not good at all. A lot of the streets are shitty for walking since they were designed for car use instead of people who want to walk.

Traffic stinks in the pittsburgh/brentwood area, especially Brentwood since brentwood has no train rail or reliable bus transit service. If you live in Brentwood, you will probably turn into a fat fuck because you will start to drive everywhere and you wont have time to do anything else because you drive too much.

Get ready to become fatter, dumber, and look older because you will sit in traffic wasting your life away.
 -

[ 2013-10-09, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
925gt lives in antioch down the street from the police station and it still gets ratchet as fuck lol but he's smart about his life.[/QB]
From the perspective of a lifelong resident of Antioch, I cant wait to get the fuck out. It seems to only be getting worse. As Marks93 said, Pittsburg has the right idea, things there are getting much better. Oakley is more small and quaint, not much there. Brentwood is probably the best choice. Its just going to be a safer area to live in.

[ 2015-12-14, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: CAMD FOX ]

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The pittsburgh/brentwood area going to be a cheaper area to live in San Francisco, but that's not a good thing. pittsburgh and brentwood are cheap places to live in because they are shit holes.

In Brentwood, its a land of strip malls and culdisacks and that means everything is spread out so you cant really walk to anything so you have to hop into the car to go to the store. Not good at all. A lot of the streets are shitty for walking since they were designed for car use instead of people who want to walk.

Traffic stinks in the pittsburgh/brentwood area, especially Brentwood since brentwood has no train rail or reliable bus transit service. If you live in Brentwood, you will probably turn into a fat fuck because you will start to drive everywhere and you wont have time to do anything else because you drive too much.

Get ready to become fatter, dumber, and look older because you will sit in traffic wasting your life away.
 -

You took the opportunity to provide an accurate and informative answer and turned it into a biased, useless post. What do you provide to society, seriously? Where is the statistic that shows smaller sidewalks make you stupid and fat? If you want to become a useless sack of shit, its your decision. Only a dumbass would blame it on the size of sidewalks.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
A lot of the streets are shitty for walking since they were designed for car use instead of people who want to walk.

Well, in the real world (not yours), streets ARE built for cars, not walking. However if you want to walk in the street, be my guest. I'll be the first one to meet you there with my car!!
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 925_GT:
quote:

-

You took the opportunity to provide an accurate and informative answer and turned it into a biased, useless post. What do you provide to society, seriously? Where is the statistic that shows smaller sidewalks make you stupid and fat? If you want to become a useless sack of shit, its your decision. Only a dumbass would blame it on the size of sidewalks.
You are a fuckin idiot.

Car commuting makes you fat because when you drive, you are not exercising and with no good transit options available in subruban locations like Brentwood, you will be doing a lot of driving so you will become fatter. Second, driving in traffic is stressful and it causes rage and anger. When the mind is subjected stress, rage and anger on a daily basis, the parts of the human brain respnsible for thought and reason becaome damaged. You become stupider. The stress from car commuting and zero exercise, walking will raise your blood pressure and hardern your blood vessels so you will die sooner.

Streets built with walking in mind are nice to look at and are great places to hang out and meet people. Wakling keeps you fit and social interaction and being happy are good for the mind.

A typical street optimized for car use instead of people in a shit hole cities were everything is spread out. Who the fuck would want to walk on a street like this?
 -

A much better street like you will find in San Francisco thats good for walking and hanging out and enjoying life.
 -

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobraracer what's your problem? You don't even live in SF. You live in secluded Woodside lmao..

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
quote:
A lot of the streets are shitty for walking since they were designed for car use instead of people who want to walk.

Well, in the real world (not yours), streets ARE built for cars, not walking. However if you want to walk in the street, be my guest. I'll be the first one to meet you there with my car!!
Think about this, all of the places were everything is spread out and the streets are shit for walking but good for moving a lot of car traffic like Brentwood, stockton, home prices went down the toilet during the housing crises while places more densly packed like San Francisco have actually have seen home prices go up. Why is that?

--------------------

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
quote:

Think about this, all of the places were everything is spread out and the streets are shit for walking but good for moving a lot of car traffic like Brentwood, stockton, home prices went down the toilet during the housing crises while places more densly packed like San Francisco have actually have seen home prices go up. Why is that?
Why would you want to live in a crowded place anyways? With hella smelly ass people and small ass apartments ever notice how SF really doesn't have big houses? Ever think that people with big families or want to start a family would want a bigger house for cheap? You're just a dumbass. You don't deserve that cobra

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please no one respond to cobra racer. Cobra racer take your opinion elsewhere thanks

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
anything 24 hours out there? starbucks, walmart, walgreens etc...

Can someone elaborate on this please. This is what I'd like to know more about.

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 0089GT:
quote:

As far as 24 hour stuff there isn't much. Safeway, wallgreens are open. Not sure about the Starbucks. I know jack in the box is open 24 hours for all your drunkin cravings. Most places are closed past 12pm. Besides the bars. Oh and for cobraracer this town is covered to bike lanes and trails for all your exercise needs. Being active is a life style. I have seen plenty of fat asses and stressed out people in SF.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WinCo is still 24 hours, isn't it?
There may be a Starbucks on Lone Tree that is 24hrs, maybe.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Out of the 4 I would choose
1.Oakley
2.Brentwood
3.Pittsburg
4.Antioch

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE] walking will raise your blood pressure and hardern your blood vessels so you will die sooner.

So walking is bad for you
[Confused]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
quote:
quote:

As far as 24 hour stuff there isn't much. Safeway, wallgreens are open. Not sure about the Starbucks. I know jack in the box is open 24 hours for all your drunkin cravings. Most places are closed past 12pm. Besides the bars. Oh and for cobraracer this town is covered to bike lanes and trails for all your exercise needs. Being active is a life style. I have seen plenty of fat asses and stressed out people in SF.
You are missing my point. What sucks about cities Like Brentwood is that you really cant walk to where you need to go because the Cul de sack niehboorhoods are far from stores, bars what ever place you want to go.
If you want to buy a case of beer for example, you need to drive to the store because it's too fuckin far to walk. You need a car to go anywhere because everthing is so spread out. That's a problem

Since most people in Brentwood work far from the city and no good public transportation is available, you will be spending a lot of time commuting in a car and thats a big problem because car commuting has been proven to make you fatter and dumber.

You know whats going to happen when gas prices get too fuckin high or you become too old to drive in a city like Brentwood where you need to drive everywhere because you cant walk to were you want to go?
You will be fucked!

I live in a place were I dont need to use a car to go to super market. I just walk or ride a bike to the store while the Cobra collects dust in the garage. [Big Grin]

--------------------

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

walking will raise your blood pressure and hardern your blood vessels so you will die sooner.

[Confused] [/QB][/QUOTE]
Read the whole sentence: the stress and no "exercise, walking" will raise your blood pressure.

--------------------

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
brentwood isnt a shit hole? where the hell did you get that from?

and theres pretty much a sidewalk on every street? but i dont see why that would even matter

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Please no one respond to cobra racer. Cobra racer take your opinion elsewhere thanks

what I have posted in this thread is fact, not opinion and I challenge to a debate on this.

--------------------

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

walking will raise your blood pressure and hardern your blood vessels so you will die sooner.

[Confused]

Read the whole sentence: the stress and no "exercise, walking" will raise your blood pressure. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Gotcha!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are missing my point. What sucks about cities Like Brentwood is that you really cant walk to where you need to go because the Cul de sack niehboorhoods are far from stores, bars what ever place you want to go.
If you want to buy a case of beer for example, you need to drive to the store because it's too fuckin far to walk. You need a car to go anywhere because everthing is so spread out. That's a problem

a city like Brentwood where you need to drive everywhere because you cant walk to were you want to go?
You will be fucked!

I live in a place were I dont need to use a car to go to super market. I just walk or ride a bike to the store while the Cobra collects dust in the garage. [Big Grin]

you act like brentwood is like living in the mountains.. pretty much all around town there's stores and gas stations close.. and you don't always have to walk or drive! you can ride bikes in brentwood too!

you should just stop bitching about brentwood and pittsburg. your not making any sense.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

quote:
quote:
quote:

cool thanks man, im just wondering how it is over there. i live in ssf and go to school in sf, and train out of hayward so i will still be here most of the time but since i am moving to brentwood i do want to know what lies ahead...see if i will need to make a huge adjustment. thanks for the help would like to meet you as well as others in the area.

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jack in the box always hits the spot! [worship]

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any updates on living in brentwood/oakley? its been awhile, any opinions on living there for those that currently do? aside from the hwy 4 traffic (ill be taking bart to oakland so i think ill be fine), schools look decent out there and have good ratings and that is a plus. shit, ill drive in traffic for a decent education for my kids. how is crime out there? home burglaries, etc...

thanks

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love living in oakley been out for 15 years
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com