Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » iOS7 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: iOS7
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
Gonna wait until its untethered jailbroken. Might update my other devices just to check it out.

Y'all seen this video yet?
http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/videos/#video-touch

Whats the latest untethered version that can be jail broken? I recently got a new ipad and wanted to jail break it but the software wasn't released yet.
Dunno for iPad but I'm on 6.1.3 semi-tethered. Phone will restart and has limited function until booted in redsnow.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my retarted brother is camping out side of arden for iphone 5s [Roll Eyes] just for a phone

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
iOS7 is nice. A few rough edges, but Apple will smooth it out over a couple updates.

Anyone running this on an iPhone 4 or 4S, if you are experiencing lag or stuttering, you can disable some of the "fancy" parts of the new OS and it really smooths things out. These older phones (especially the 4) don't have the processing power to cope with how graphically intensive this new OS is.

Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Increase Contrast and enable Increase Contrast... this setting tones down the translucent/transparent graphical appearance of some of the menus and animations, which is much easier on the older processors, and relieves some stuttering during graphically intense animations and transitions.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My imessage wont work wtf

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of people having problem did the OTA update, or just clicked "update" on iTunes. It's much better to update through iTunes by doing a Restore & Update.

Download iOS7 first. Backup your device. Then select "Restore" which will wipe the device clean and upgrade to iOS7 fresh in one sweep... then restore your personal data from the backup, and re-sync all your apps and media files. It's usually good to do a hard reset/reboot as well after everything is said and done.

I followed this procedure on my iPhone 4, and iOS7 runs great. Especially after optimizing settings like background app updating and the graphics/contrast settings.

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some things are ok but not enough,I want iSO6 back [Mad]

[ 2013-09-21, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:

they should have an option to go back, especially on iphone 4 [Mad]

[ 2013-09-21, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: SwEeT03Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a way to do it but it involves a PC and iTunes yadda yadda yadda,gotta read up on it,might be doin this soon,absolutely hate the 7 upgrade [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

69stang
¯
Member # 5609

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69stang  Ford pictures for 69stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It looks like Samsung and Apple had a retarted baby together and named it the ios7

--------------------
1968 firebird- sold
1992 mustang gt - sold
1969 mustang coupe- current project

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

/\ yup!

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
A lot of people having problem did the OTA update, or just clicked "update" on iTunes. It's much better to update through iTunes by doing a Restore & Update.

Download iOS7 first. Backup your device. Then select "Restore" which will wipe the device clean and upgrade to iOS7 fresh in one sweep... then restore your personal data from the backup, and re-sync all your apps and media files. It's usually good to do a hard reset/reboot as well after everything is said and done.

I followed this procedure on my iPhone 4, and iOS7 runs great. Especially after optimizing settings like background app updating and the graphics/contrast settings.

Goodshit, did what u said everything is workin solid now. Thank u

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

quote:

I do have to agree , i kinda like the simple ios6. The reason i liked my iphone over my galaxy S was because it was simple and easy to use

--------------------

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
There's a way to do it but it involves a PC and iTunes yadda yadda yadda,gotta read up on it,might be doin this soon,absolutely hate the 7 upgrade [Roll Eyes]

found it

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/06/11/how-to-downgrade-ios-7-to-ios-6-1-3/

but im screwed never plugged my phone to itunes

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll just keep my galaxy s4. Droid. Ios7 has already had 3 HUGE security glitches.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate my S4, can't wait to go back to Apple.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
I'll just keep my galaxy s4. Droid. Ios7 has already had 3 HUGE security glitches.

lol iphone 5s has that finger print thing already hacked
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
I hate my S4, can't wait to go back to Apple.

I'm sorry you feel that way. What don't you like about it?

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I get so many advertisements it's ridiculous, it will open up a window in my browser that says adtracking, then my play store will open up to Candy Crush.

A few times a day a little window will open up that says Cindy wants to chat and you can click yes or no, the same thing will pop up but says you can make $26 an hour yes or no.

My phone will pocket dial people to no end and text a bunch of jibberish, so I had to put a pass code on it to stop doing that.

The thing the really pisses me off though is the advertisements, I have two different ad blockers and it still doesn't help.

I never had any of those issues with my iPhone. Oh and another thing is whenever I talk to anyone they can hear any echo, I have no idea why but I guess it's something to do with my phone.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love the new ios. I find that everything I do is even faster. It's appealing to the eye. It's simple. Yet it has a ton of little features that I love.

Timer on lock screen.

Siri upgrade.

Maps upgrade.

New photo categorizing is awesome.

New multitasking is bad ass.

New 3D feel to the backgrounds is cool.

As far as the S having the fingerprint scanner hacked, it's not something for a common consumer to even fathom as a problem. It's meant to make your phone a non sellable item when some thug steals it. He's not going to be able to take a picture of your finger (whichever one or ones you've chosen) and put it on to the fake finger and gain acess. Who here could do that? Lmao. Besides, they are stolen on a whim. Not too man professional used iPhone thieves.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/22/apple-iphone-fingerprint-scanner-hacked
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/22/apple-iphone-fingerprint-scanner-hacked

"The group does not claim to have extracted the fingerprint representation from the phone itself, where Apple says it is held on a secure chip. Instead it relies on capturing a high-quality fingerprint elsewhere, and having access to the phone."

I wouldn't call that a "hack" as it has nothing to do with the software, but actually presenting a duplicate fingerprint to the sensor.

If someone actually lifts your print (provided they get the print of the correct finger) and has access to your phone, I guess you're screwed... other than that, it can be considered pretty secure.

Ric88Notch
¯
Member # 11660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric88Notch  Ford pictures for Ric88Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:

"The group does not claim to have extracted the fingerprint representation from the phone itself, where Apple says it is held on a secure chip. Instead it relies on capturing a high-quality fingerprint elsewhere, and having access to the phone."

I wouldn't call that a "hack" as it has nothing to do with the software, but actually presenting a duplicate fingerprint to the sensor.

If someone actually lifts your print (provided they get the print of the correct finger) and has access to your phone, I guess you're screwed... other than that, it can be considered pretty secure.

i know it's not a hack. sounds more like something a professional burglar would do.

--------------------
2013 Black GT

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The news reported that their was a false ad saying if you upgrade to ios7, it makes your phone waterproof. Smh, some people fell for it...
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hack, my ass. That's so dumb. The media's just looking to stir up drama to get more ratings.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com