Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pulled over for loud exhaust? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pulled over for loud exhaust?
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by will01bullitt:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveOhChuck:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Super loud exhaust is dumb and pointless. Its not worth the hassle and attention you get from cops.

im not about the loud exhaust either but a better free flowing exhaust is key and that usually comes with more noise. I got pulled over a few weeks ago with O/R xpipe and SLP loudmouths but was only given a fix it ticket. that fix it ticket cost me $50 plus I had to put my stock setup back on. at least for now im gonna keep my baby carb legal.
Damn where did this happen?
i was in hayward on A st as i was going onto 880 north chp pulled me over on the ramp
Yep it's hot on those on and off ramps. There's always chp there.

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Super loud exhaust is dumb and pointless. Its not worth the hassle and attention you get from cops.

im not about the loud exhaust either but a better free flowing exhaust is key and that usually comes with more noise. I got pulled over a few weeks ago with O/R xpipe and SLP loudmouths but was only given a fix it ticket. that fix it ticket cost me $50 plus I had to put my stock setup back on. at least for now im gonna keep my baby carb legal.
SLP's are hella loud especially with a o/r midpipe!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i had my stang i got pulled over 5 times for that shit. i even had one cop in dublin pull me over infront of the movie theater and search my car for no reason he told me he pulled me over for tinted windows and loud exaust. then told me if ever sees me agian in the movie threater agian hell tow my car for illegal exaust. never got a ticket tho. i got a really expensive stereo ticket once

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
If you drive like an ass and don't watch for the cops they will roll on you for anything. The most I ever heard a cop say something about my car was, hey man nice car. What year is it?

This!! Ive had loud exhaust on damn near every car I've owned and was only pulled over once when I was 18 for being an ass in a parking lot showing off my pipes lol..since then I've got thick into modulars which shit on foxes in the loud department and have had ZERO issues! You gotta kno your cars exhaust and when to and when NOT to be tone-ing around town,don't play coy either when you get pulled over and act stupid like you DONT have aftermarket exhaust...cops hate that shit and usually give tickets and search your car for that same reason! Honesty wins 9 times outta 10...my uncle and I got caught doin over 125 in his silver cobra I was driving and it was a Sunday afternoon on 99 not one car around until the black expedition rolled up behind me from about 2 miles back lol...I admitted full guilt,told him I knew I was fuckn off,he got me on his radar doin 127 lol..he laughed it off and said "if I had one I'd be doin the same thing!" Idk this is just my past experiences in the fast/loud car game and I've been pretty fortunate! Dont be a loud ass and you won't get treated like one lol [burnout]

Btw,this is my current exhaust setup,can't get much louder than this in my o2 unless you gotta big cam pushrod motor chunkin at a stop light,and I've not once had any issues!

http://youtu.be/PhKtnuRUeNQ

[ 2013-09-09, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
5abiMuscle
¯
Member # 12964

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5abiMuscle  Ford pictures for 5abiMuscle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's all about how much u drive
I drive everyday hundreds of miles
So me getting fucked for my loud exhaust is a very huge chance
But if u rarely ever even bring ur car out nd drive it u ain't gonna get fucked with like that

--------------------
GetMoneyBuyParts

Frisco Joe
¯
Member # 12325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frisco Joe  Ford pictures for Frisco Joe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by Frisco Joe:
Well I live in Oakland so I feel that cops have bigger fish to fry then someone driving a Mach 1 with loud exhaust. The only thing I'd be worried about is when I go back home to a small town called Vacaville. I feel there the cops would for sure pull me over and question the loud exhaust cause there they really have nothing better to do. I don't drive like an idiot so I don't think I'll draw attention to myself in that way but I did hear that there is a very distinct and noticeable smell. I was just reaching out to find out if it was a common thing for cops to pull over and site for illegal exhaust.

I used to run around vacaville witb or/x pioe and bssanni. Cops never looked twice. If you're worried throw it in a high gear and coast past them.
My Mach 1 is unforturnately not a manuel. It's automatic. The guy selling it was selling it for a ridiculously cheap price I didn't care that it was automatic.

Seems from all the responses it's about half and half on the whole getting pulled over for loud exhaust. Good to know if I were to get pulled over it's a fix it ticket and not some ridiculous fine.

--------------------
*2004 Mustang Mach 1 (40th Anniversary)

Can't wait to see the 50th Anniversary Mustangs!

Posts: 18 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
/\ sometimes it's just a fix it ticket believe me...if the officer throws a NON correctable violation tag on the back of the ticket it's a state referre visit,if the officer list it as a correctable violation then it's an easy sign-off from chp...my uncle just dealt with this bullshit in the lovely town of Elk Grove ca...but guess what? He was flaunting and acting like an ass in his cobra and got popped lol he was pist but I've told him endless times to be low key in Elk Grove..and this is his exhaust....

http://youtu.be/87RlScsuvwA

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Damn where did this happen?
i was in hayward on A st as i was going onto 880 north chp pulled me over on the ramp
Yep it's hot on those on and off ramps. There's always chp there.
I live by this freeway onramp and it is always hot in that area. Scrap garden brings a lot of attention to the area. Always a hayward PD parked in front of that laundry mat and liquor store. CHP is always between winton and A street looping back and forth.

I had a custom made x pipe on my 89 with 2 chamber flows and it was pretty loud when i would get on it. Never got pulled over. Now that it is stolen and missing i wish it would get pulled over lol.

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have catless x pipe with pypes mufflers its loud when I floor the gas but quiet when I drive Normal I also shift gears low rpms when I see a cop. . If the cop has experience dealing with offroad exhaust they will know by the smell ur car has. . As soon as you install that offroad mid pipe turn on ur car and stand behind it you will smell the gas..the smell also gets in the interior of ur car and ur clothes especially when driving with your windows down. It does sound good though with offroad

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a fix it ticket back in the day with my 70 bronco. Had long tubes going to true duals 3" bullets turned down before the rear axle and all piping was 3". Very short run 5" long....so it was real loud. Going down haight a bum runs out and says damn is that a 460....3 blocks later I get pulled over. Only $11 bucks though and I welded some disks over the ends of the turndowns with a bunch of 1/2" holes when I had it signed off at the station.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com