Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » would you recommend a fox body? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: would you recommend a fox body?
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

- [/QB][/QUOTE]

Cobra 93-4992,

You are just like irritating pigeon dumping a load of bird shit on a paint job. All you do is dump bird shit on CAford threads. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
[Q]Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
I guarantee my tin can 93 convertible will handle your 2001 cobra convertible anytime...You should research your sources before making stupid fucking comments..Trust me bro you will get left in a fat cloud of smoke... [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] Foxbody convertibles FTMFW .... [patriot] [patriot] [/Q]

If your tin can FOX can out perform my built 2001 Cobra convertible, I will be impressed.
[burnout]

Trust me bro you will get handled real quick... [patriot] [patriot]
Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
Trust me bro you will get handled real quick... [patriot] [patriot] ]

I'm curious as to what the Specs are on this potent FOX tin can convertible of yours.

Since this is a FOX body recommendation thread, you should post up some photos of your FOX convertible.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

-
Cobra 93-4992,

You are just like irritating pigeon dumping a load of bird shit on a paint job. All you do is dump bird shit on CAford threads. [Roll Eyes] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Now you know the feeling everybody else here experiences with your posts. You are neither helpful or constructive, only opinionated and you serve no purpose other than to see your slanted views posted for all to see. If there is one positive thing you have contributed to the board please direct me to the post where someone said, Thank you Cobraracer46. FOR ANYTHING

[ 2013-07-24, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Cobra 93-4992 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why couldn't have cobraracer been the one pissed on?

But to OP, it seems it has been basically covered here by many. I love Foxbodies but your main concern will be worrying about it getting stolen. Other than that, they are great base cars to mod.

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
If there is one positive thing you have contributed to the board please direct me to the post where someone said, Thank you Cobraracer46. FOR ANYTHING [/QB]

The detailed 1994 Chassis improvement info I posted in this thread is good information that people could find useful.
Speaking of opinions, The tile of this thread is " would you recommend a FOX body" therefore, we are in opinionated thread and I gave my opinion about the topic and backed it up with some tech.

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive owned dozens of foxbodies, Ive also owned several sn95's and of course an 03 Cobra.

In stock form, foxbodies lack a rigid chassis, are underpowered and have very poor brakes. But these are all things that can be improved upon with minimal cost and effort. They are also very reliable in stock form and even when modded. They really come alive when you add a decent cam and heads, and also take well to boost. A stock bottom end 302 with hci and a blower on low boost will easily see 400+ horsepower.

All the braking parts from 94-04 stangs can be adapted to fit any foxbody, so that covers the braking portion.

As for the chassis, some good subframe connectors make a big difference and def stiffen up the chassis a lot. there is also a plethora of other chassis stiffening parts like a torque arm, panhard bar etc..

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
If there is one positive thing you have contributed to the board please direct me to the post where someone said, Thank you Cobraracer46. FOR ANYTHING

The detailed 1994 Chassis improvement info I posted in this thread is good information that people could find useful.
Speaking of opinions, The tile of this thread is " would you recommend a FOX body" therefore, we are in opinionated thread and I gave my opinion about the topic and backed it up with some tech. [/QB]

Your opinion was about as good as your accommodator review!

-

-
[patriot]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone that says that a Fox rides like shit, must not know how to set up a suspension. I have dd many mustangs over my 20 years of ownership. I driven then in Neb winters, threw snow, ice, -20+ temps. Never having durability issues. Now staying on the road in 5+ inches of snow, well that is another story. I have also dd'd then in 117+ temps in Az. Again not a single issue. Hands down some of the most durable cars on the streets.

With them reaching 30+ years on the roads. You will have some up keep, and a few rattles. nothing you can't either get a replacement part to fix, or just tighten up with a screw driver. Best bang for the buck car on the market. Not to mention king of the aftermarket. Hell you can even buy a brand new shell if you wanted.. Fox Bodies are gods amongst mere tin cans. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murder mach  Ford pictures for Murder mach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wish the pissing match would stop.take the drama elsewhere

wel theres ben so msny mixed reviews bith here and other threads.some say they are great some say they suck.most of the guys that like them tend to be the guys thats owned them ling periods of time.

rattles dont bother me.like i said.i have a 29 ford coupe hotrod..its so noisey rattles and all but it but it goes like hell

Posts: 860 | From: stockton area | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murder mach  Ford pictures for Murder mach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
Fox body's all day. I picked this up for 4k maximum motorsport goodies, cam, intake tq boxes welded ect... Deals are out there. Easy to mod cheap and can be made very reliable.
 -

damn! that's what I want and a price I could live with.nice car!
Outlaw_Stangz
¯
Member # 3926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outlaw_Stangz  Ford pictures for Outlaw_Stangz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I were to dd a fox it would be appraised and have full coverage.
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fox body 5 oh hands down all day..
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

So seems like its a safe bet and if I don't lime it its very saleable

so I been seein a lot of comments about theft.is it that bad for these?

Venom
¯
Member # 9201

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venom  Ford pictures for Venom  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fox bodies are nice cars and cheap to fix and upgrade. The only bad thing is that they are easy to steal.
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gipsy danger:
So seems like its a safe bet and if I don't lime it its very saleable

so I been seein a lot of comments about theft.is it that bad for these?

Unfortunately, yes.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

after looking at Many fox mustangs, I give up.I'm lookin at a 95 5.0 tomorow.every fox I've looked at was beat to absolute shit and the owners think its a sports car.the 95 is beat but for 1300, there's room to fix it.I'm seeing foxes in the same shape for almost 4k.I'd rather spend less and get the 5 lug and rear discs stock.

thanks for all the opinions tho fellas.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gipsy danger:
after looking at Many fox mustangs, I give up.I'm lookin at a 95 5.0 tomorow.every fox I've looked at was beat to absolute shit and the owners think its a sports car.the 95 is beat but for 1300, there's room to fix it.I'm seeing foxes in the same shape for almost 4k.I'd rather spend less and get the 5 lug and rear discs stock.

thanks for all the opinions tho fellas.

You just gotta have patience. I bought my '86 for $2,200 running perfect damn near new interior, freshly rebuilt motor/tranny. Dude was just tired of the car because I daily drove it for nearly 2 years straight without a problem.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lije neight said its a waiting game shit I've been waiting years to run into a iroc at a good price thats not a pos.these cars are priced higher then foxes for some odd reason.......

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
Lije neight said its a waiting game shit I've been waiting years to run into a iroc at a good price thats not a pos.these cars are priced higher then foxes for some odd reason.......

Funny you want an Iroc. Did I ever tell you how someone was giving me one that was freshly painted(was still in his paint shop) Iroc for free? Well as you can see I didn't take it, they ugly Moe!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

Yeah I'd say those camaros are the worst thing ever.

Well I can't keep waiting.I sold my car and need another.but hell, for 1300$ I can't go wrong with the 95

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Well it's your money and your choice so if you want a sn95 then go for it. I know for me personally I have the luck of when I jump on something, something better or something I was looking for originally comes up.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with the overpriced fox bodies. Lol@ people wanting $3-4k for their broken down swang buckets. You can get a super nice 94+ GT for that and they are better in every way.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Foxbody FTW I bought this as a 4cly for 1,000 in LA. drove it back to Sacramento and started modding her it takes time and dedication and a good set of tools to be in the foxbody game. Its hard to come buy "good deals". I was like you tired of overpriced cars and shit buckets so I just built up my own "overpriced" notch. 6yrs ago notchbacks were going for 6-7,000 and things have not changed if fact the hatches are on the up now.

[ 2013-08-02, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brought my 91lx hatch 5.0 for 1k, drove it for a year all over san Diego and to the bay and all over the bay until my oil pump went out. My tip don't by a chp nothing special about a police car if anything the shit has more body twist then the normal notch n hatchbacks. If you do buy a chp check if its a real chp, it seems like everybody and their mother own a "chp" in the bayarea.

If its a 4banger swap 5.0 offer them 4 banger swap worth unless its a very clean swap. And if u don't want overpriced I suggest you don't look in the bayarea, some people swear they have rare cars and forget its was built for 15 years straight. Look in SoCal nevada or Oregon too.

If you plan on keeping the car for some years why not buy a cheap 4banger and hop on cafords and get ur dose of all the used parts on here for a v8 swap. 5k and being on this forum I guarantee you build a better car then the ones being sold overpriced.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com