Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » bay area top ten list (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: bay area top ten list
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Only thing about this list thing that I don't like is that obviously the race cars are gonna be the first ones(once the list gets really settled in) oppose to true street cars that get driven around town rather than just on race days.

Nvm it still qualifies as a street race if its on the street. Just sucks if this really becomes something I'd never be on there kuz obviously they'll be faster with no weight or shit [Frown]

Stop the crying. I have a full weight 91 pump gas car. Mufflers and all. And I'm 99.88% sure I got that the whole bay list covered. It's not very hard. It's only time & money. Well and some driver/tuner skills. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
Street cars have to be daily driven?

IMO a " Steetcar " really only needs to have current registration & be insured on public roads. Everything else like being smog legal, AC & working windows are all creature comforts. [Smile]

Hell some cars on 7th probably don't have insurance on them or a valid drivers license. [Razz]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
/\ I would love to see the primer'd dog ona trailer go out to 7th and line up the fastest 7th st guys and shoot em down one at a time [Wink] ill be your flagger bud [worship]

[ 2013-06-29, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Only thing about this list thing that I don't like is that obviously the race cars are gonna be the first ones(once the list gets really settled in) oppose to true street cars that get driven around town rather than just on race days.

Nvm it still qualifies as a street race if its on the street. Just sucks if this really becomes something I'd never be on there kuz obviously they'll be faster with no weight or shit [Frown]

Stop the crying. I have a full weight 91 pump gas car. Mufflers and all. And I'm 99.88% sure I got that the whole bay list covered. It's not very hard. It's only time & money. Well and some driver/tuner skills. [patriot]
Come on out and take that #1 spot then. I'm sure he will give you a good run.
[patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
quote:

Come on out and take that #1 spot then. I'm sure he will give you a good run.
[patriot]

I don't run on 7th. So unless he wants to do this some place else. It's never going to happen. And I have said this on a lot of threads about this list. I don't live in the bay. So I shouldn't be on that list. Even if I have beat #2 or if I did beat #1. Same with the Okc boys. Even if I went there and put the #1 guy down. Still shouldn't be on that list.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
that list makes me [Big Grin]

+1 [Big Grin]

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

fastgms-lsnova
¯
Member # 9411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastgms-lsnova  Ford pictures for fastgms-lsnova  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This list here should a 10.00 and slower list...theres a couple cars on that list that should run in the big dog norcal1320 top 10 and I think warhorse included....I'm no one to say how it should go down but I know my teams car warhorse and the rx7 got a chance on the norcals top 10.....a 9 second car has a nice chance to beat a 8 second car on the streets have seen it happin plenty of times...just my 2 cents...

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
LSXLX

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] Norcal1320.com list ftmfw... [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by fastgms-lsnova:
This list here should a 10.00 and slower list...theres a couple cars on that list that should run in the big dog norcal1320 top 10 and I think warhorse included....I'm no one to say how it should go down but I know my teams car warhorse and the rx7 got a chance on the norcals top 10.....a 9 second car has a nice chance to beat a 8 second car on the streets have seen it happin plenty of times...just my 2 cents...

For sure. That is why I always try to race the faster cars on the street. Hard to keep a really fast car hooked up once you roll out passed the 60ft of prep. Thanks for the vote, but I don't stand a chance on the norcal list. It's a track only grudge list. I might be able to get in the #10 spot, but I doubt it. Just so many track cars are faster than me. Mid 9's gives me a great chance at most people on the streets. But at the track. It's just not even close to good enough. And as they say, "It is what it is." [Frown]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

fastgms-lsnova
¯
Member # 9411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastgms-lsnova  Ford pictures for fastgms-lsnova  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fastgms-lsnova:

For sure. That is why I always try to race the faster cars on the street. Hard to keep a really fast car hooked up once you roll out passed the 60ft of prep. Thanks for the vote, but I don't stand a chance on the norcal list. It's a track only grudge list. I might be able to get in the #10 spot, but I doubt it. Just so many track cars are faster than me. Mid 9's gives me a great chance at most people on the streets. But at the track. It's just not even close to good enough. And as they say, "It is what it is." [Frown]
I see I just heard about it was thinking it as a street race deal.... pull your mufflers put a nice jet and go for it...a number ten spot is still on the list....but I never hear about you breaking or always needing to test wich may be a good thing you know...

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
LSXLX

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:

Yes this is the true list, those street cars wouldn't know what to do.
fastgms-lsnova
¯
Member # 9411

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:

Just like warhorse said if this was a street thing it would be different...but it been at the track you would just have to have a fast car period and not hope for a second and a half faster car to break tires...but both list should be fun regardless...

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
LSXLX

Bulkster90
¯
Member # 11621

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulkster90  Ford pictures for Bulkster90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I've read that list is for 7th street regulars.

--------------------
1992 LX Coupe
2011 Coyote 5.0

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
that list makes me [Big Grin]

Right lol...Mitch alone would make quick work of ALL those cars in my o2 lets not even begin to mention your car,Matt's or warhorse....
I'll keep my mouth closed until i'm at 100

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:

No it is not a true list. These are the people that have already said, Yes lets set up a race @ grudge on the 20th. To make a top 10 list. If it was a true list. I would be #10. Cause as you can see only 9 people on that list. But that is only a grudge top ten. That still isn't the top ten faster/quickest cars Norcal. If you read that whole thread. You would see some dumb fast people won't run at Sac. So even if this happens. It still wouldn't be a true fastest/quickest top 10 Norcal list.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If there's gonna be a race to decide who's on the list someone's gonna have to make up List rules.

Are they going to do a street outlaws type of rules?
"This list is to show who has the fastest street raced cars in the 405 at any given time. There are 10 spots and each spot can ony be called out 1 at a time. You have to move your way up the list from 10. IE: You call out 10, if you win, you move into that spot and can then call out 9. There are no multiple call outs.

EDIT....AT THE TIME YOU MAKE YOUR CALLOUT FOR THE LIST, U MUST POST A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR IN YOUR CALLOUT THREAD.

Each spot holder has 10 days to comply with the callout. There are no more agreements on more time allotted by the 2 racers. Only person that can give more time, IS ME. And i can tell you this, death in the family or a flood is bout the only way to get more time. SO, spot holder gets called out, sets a date within the 10 days, that day comes, and whoever dont show up ready to race, loses thier spot or thier callout. The spot holder gets to pick the race spot, race date, and race time, within reason. Must be safe and must be reasonably close by. Also if the spot holder does not acknowledge the callout in 2 days, the spot is considered abandoned and you lose the callout. Everyone on the list should be able to check for callouts atleast once a day.

"edit...IE: you must give the challenger atleast 5 hours notice on race time. (no calling people out in the middle of the night lol).....edit"

If the spot does not change hands the racer who made the callout must wait 24 hours to re call out. If the spot did change hands the loser can re call out immedietely. If anyone has ANYONE post a callout for them, they will be kicked off the list.

THESE SPOT RACES CAN ONLY BE HELD ON THE REAL STREETS! If the two racers agree, they can race at the track if they like but BOTH racers have to agree. If both cant agree, streets it is.

If a spot race is going down, both drivers must have 2 security guys. NO exceptions. If you cant get your own security, post up and i am sure someone will step up.

This is 1/8th mile on the street, if you are dumb enough to race somewhere that is not marked off, than dont bitch about the outcome. There is no prepping the street, burnout in anything you want and you can try to drag it out as far as you like. NO BIKES, ALL CARS MUST HAVE NORMAL STREET EQUIPMENT.

Lets remember to keep this fun and as little amount of drama as possible for all involved. I make the rules, and i can change one at any minute. There is always an exception to the rule."

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If there's gonna be a race to decide who's on the list someone's gonna have to make up List rules.

Are they going to do a street outlaws type of rules?
"This list is to show who has the fastest street raced cars in the 405 at any given time. There are 10 spots and each spot can ony be called out 1 at a time. You have to move your way up the list from 10. IE: You call out 10, if you win, you move into that spot and can then call out 9. There are no multiple call outs.

EDIT....AT THE TIME YOU MAKE YOUR CALLOUT FOR THE LIST, U MUST POST A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR IN YOUR CALLOUT THREAD.

Each spot holder has 10 days to comply with the callout. There are no more agreements on more time allotted by the 2 racers. Only person that can give more time, IS ME. And i can tell you this, death in the family or a flood is bout the only way to get more time. SO, spot holder gets called out, sets a date within the 10 days, that day comes, and whoever dont show up ready to race, loses thier spot or thier callout. The spot holder gets to pick the race spot, race date, and race time, within reason. Must be safe and must be reasonably close by. Also if the spot holder does not acknowledge the callout in 2 days, the spot is considered abandoned and you lose the callout. Everyone on the list should be able to check for callouts atleast once a day.

"edit...IE: you must give the challenger atleast 5 hours notice on race time. (no calling people out in the middle of the night lol).....edit"

If the spot does not change hands the racer who made the callout must wait 24 hours to re call out. If the spot did change hands the loser can re call out immedietely. If anyone has ANYONE post a callout for them, they will be kicked off the list.

THESE SPOT RACES CAN ONLY BE HELD ON THE REAL STREETS! If the two racers agree, they can race at the track if they like but BOTH racers have to agree. If both cant agree, streets it is.

If a spot race is going down, both drivers must have 2 security guys. NO exceptions. If you cant get your own security, post up and i am sure someone will step up.

This is 1/8th mile on the street, if you are dumb enough to race somewhere that is not marked off, than dont bitch about the outcome. There is no prepping the street, burnout in anything you want and you can try to drag it out as far as you like. NO BIKES, ALL CARS MUST HAVE NORMAL STREET EQUIPMENT.

Lets remember to keep this fun and as little amount of drama as possible for all involved. I make the rules, and i can change one at any minute. There is always an exception to the rule."

Dope ass rule set up!!!

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So why can't we make a TOP 10 list for all of NorCal "street cars"???? All cars must be registered street cars and races must be on the street. You can trailer your car to the street and race for a spot. No big deal. We should make this in the street racing section. I do know that on this site alone I can think of some big contenders. Maybe someone would be interested in organizing a event to test the cars and set up the list??? I know I have a car that I can bring!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
 -

dirty sally for the #1 spot

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
 -

dirty sally for the #1 spot
 -

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

fastgms-lsnova
¯
Member # 9411

quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
So why can't we make a TOP 10 list for all of NorCal "street cars"???? All cars must be registered street cars and races must be on the street. You can trailer your car to the street and race for a spot. No big deal. We should make this in the street racing section. I do know that on this site alone I can think of some big contenders. Maybe someone would be interested in organizing a event to test the cars and set up the list??? I know I have a car that I can bring!

You would be surprised how many 8 and 9 second cars are registered....

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
LSXLX

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wouldn't that be some shit if a crew dominated the list?

[ 2013-06-30, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: 75 chevy ]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
fastgms-lsnova
¯
Member # 9411

quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:
wouldn't that be some shit if a crew dominated the list?

That would...

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
LSXLX

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
I know I have a car that I can bring!

Heard this before! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com