Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I'm moving to Texas! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I'm moving to Texas!
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heading to Fort Worth, I'm out!
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
 -

I am from San Antonio Texas, so I guess I am queer, that's why I call everybody SEXY!!!, Texas is great, love the food but I don't see me moving back, easier to make money here and its too hot but it's cheaper to live there. California laws suck that's why I don't obey them.
Damn. And I thought u only called me sexy. Lol
Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Insurance Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
Originally posted by 0089GT:
I believe it's because Cali is the most diverse state. We get alllll the pie

How does diversity bring you hot girls? Other states aren't diverse?
Other states have nothing on the diversity here. Fine woman from all over flock here when they are in their prime. When they get over the hill they move to Texas or Floria.
LOL, make one trip to Miami and hit the beaches here. You'll be taking that comment back in a heartbeat

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Move to Texas because you cant smog your cars here, Lol. Maybe you should stop driving piece of shits. Ive never failed smog before. Everyone has guns aswell.

[ 2013-06-08, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
Heading to Fort Worth, I'm out!

FT Worth is on point [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Brock_Samson
¯
Member # 12359

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock_Samson  Ford pictures for Brock_Samson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Move to Texas because you cant smog your cars here, Lol. Maybe you should stop driving piece of shits. Ive never failed smog before. Everyone has guns aswell.

To put it another way, you have the FREEDOM to modify your car as you see fit. No carb decal bullshit, or over abundance of catalytic converters..

--------------------
I Powder coat shyt..
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=057635

Posts: 138 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
RedBaron
¯
Member # 4361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedBaron  Ford pictures for RedBaron    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just for fun y'all, lets check back on this thread in 5 years. Im gonna lay a 50 cent bet that moving outta this butthole of a state woulda been a bitchen idea....

--------------------
1988 4i coupe,
88 gt
85 ttop-

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/20/4498954/texas-gains-more-in-population.html

Texas gained more people than any other state between July 1, 2011, and July 1, 2012, but North Dakota was the fastest-growing state, according to Census Bureau population estimates released today.

North Dakota's population climbed by 2.17 percent, nearly three times faster than the nation as a whole. Following it was the District of Columbia (2.15 percent), Texas (1.67 percent), Wyoming (1.60 percent), Utah (1.45 percent) and Nevada (1.43 percent).

The United States population increased by 2.3 million from 2011 to 2012, to 313.9 million for an overall growth rate of 0.75 percent.

In the year ending July 1, Texas added the most people (427,400), followed by California (357,500), Florida (235,300), Georgia (107,500) and North Carolina (101,000). Those five states accounted for more than half of the nation's total growth.

California remained the most populous state, with a population of 38 million. Rounding out the top five were Texas (26.1 million), New York (19.6 million), Florida (19.3 million) and Illinois (12.9 million).

The only states to lose population were Rhode Island (-354 or -0.03 percent) and Vermont (-581 or -0.09 percent).

Since the 2010 Census, Texas has experienced a 3.6 percent growth rate, adding the most people (913,642) for a total population of 26,059,203.

North Dakota was also the fastest growing over the two-year period with a 4 percent growth rate, adding 27,037 people for a total of 699,628.

California added the second most people (787,474), followed by Florida (514,878), Georgia (232,282) and North Carolina (216,602).

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Californias-Population-Moving-Out-182914961.html

About 100,000 more people moved away from California in 2011 than relocated to the Golden State, according to the latest report from the U.S. Census Bureau.

The trend can be explained, in part, in monetary terms. Even in an economic boom, the cost of living in California has increased, prompting people to move out, and, in recent years, unemployment in the state has skyrocketed.

So, where are these former Californians going?

The Census Bureau calculates that the most popular destination is Texas (58,992), a state that is luring California companies. That’s followed by Arizona (49,635), Nevada (40,114), Washington (38,421) and Oregon (34,214).

Although in smaller numbers, people are still relocating to the Golden State.

Texans make up the largest number of translates to California with 37,387 people, according to the report. That is followed by people from Washington (36,481), Nevada (36,159), Arizona (35,650), and New York (25,269).

Economic experts are optimistic that California’s economy has started picking up steam, and may reverse the movement out of the state.

“We expect over the next couple of years that we will add jobs,” said Robert Kleinhenz, chief economist with the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation. "This year, we’ve added jobs in California at a faster pace than in the nation as a whole. So, we are moving in right direction. As that happens, we’ll see the migration numbers turn around some."

A major facet of the state's economy, the agriculture industry has been affected by fewer undocumented immigrants crossing the border, deterred from coming to the U.S. because of high unemployment and a developing middle class in Mexico.

According to the Census Bureau, 468,428 people have moved to California from other states and 269,772 have moved to the state from other countries.

[ 2013-06-08, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Texas you only see white women and Latinas. I can go to burlingame and San Jose for that
Na. I've ran into plenty of fine Asians, middle easterns, brazilians, etc

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Why are California girls so much hotter than anywhere else? Is there something in the water?

This is the conclusion I have come too.
If you look at any place in the world that has a lot of wealth, you will find that the women tend to be more attractive. My studies have shown that a majority of beautiful women:
1. Know they are hot and are wanted by a lot of men.
2. They know they don't have to settle for a regular joe.

That being said a lot of attractive women migrated to wealthy areas to find a man who will provide them with the most financial protection. Our animal instincts still play a role into our mate selection. Back in the old days women wanted a man who was Strong, Healthy, Could Hunt , Find Shelter and protect them from danger.

Fast forward 5,000 years to today's times. More women are worried about material things then being able to protect them from animals. Need an example? Walk down Santana Row and check out the old middle eastern guys with a trophy wife on their arm. You see women all over the Bay Area who are married to older gentlemen who are ugly, bald & couldn't run a block without having an asthma attack......... But they're worth millions and these women are looking for THAT type of security....... But deep down women still see an attractive guy who makes shit money and KNOWS she liked to get railed by a guy who can lay pipe better then her old ugly ass husband can. ( Shows like Housewives of ________ do a great job of promoting this type of life choice IMO )

Then those very attractive women have daughters who tend to look like their mom and are trained by their gold digger moms to find a man with money..... Even if he is an ugly SOB. [Eek!] Look at the Kardashian family. Their mom Chris did a great job raising her daughters to only date guys with money. Willing to bet the youngest daughters do the same damn thing when they get older LOL.

Rant Over.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
California.... Beautiful [worship]
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Poisond Pony:
quote:
Originally posted by Insurance Guy:
quote:
quote:

Other states have nothing on the diversity here. Fine woman from all over flock here when they are in their prime. When they get over the hill they move to Texas or Floria.
LOL, make one trip to Miami and hit the beaches here. You'll be taking that comment back in a heartbeat
your are right about Miami. however the rest of the state is very lackluster. Cali has LA, sf bay, sac area, SD and many more. all littered with fine women.

I am not saying that Texas and fl dont have fine women just not as much as cali.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Enjoy living in America!
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CA will always be my home. You cant find a state that has as much as CA has to offer.
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
CA will always be my home. You cant find a state that has as much as CA has to offer.

Texas FTW!
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what brought on the move? work?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:

Texas FTW!
Boring flat land ftw
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Texas FTW!
Boring flat land ftw
I agree that California is the place to be. But Sacramento/Placer/Yolo counties are crap. Been here 3 years. Can't wait to get the fuck back home.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by Arch:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Texas FTW!
Boring flat land ftw
I agree that California is the place to be. But Sacramento/Placer/Yolo counties are crap. Been here 3 years. Can't wait to get the fuck back home.
I love Placer county. Yolo and sac absolutely suck though.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been all through Texas and didn't see anything worthwhile to make me want to stay other then women fighting over you because they know your from Cali ... But for get that and who said Miami booooo the humidity in the south sucks ball sweat I'm cool off that weather Cali is where it's at take it from me I've been a over this country in the last 6 months and nothing beats California nothing

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Texas FTW!
Boring flat land ftw
Live in Placer county now. Too hot in the summer. Not enough trees/forest. At least in Lincoln/Roseville/Rocklin area.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Texas FTW!
Boring flat land ftw
Live in Placer county now. Too hot in the summer. Not enough trees/forest. At least in Lincoln/Roseville/Rocklin area.
You gotta go alittle further up to the newcastle and loomis area, its all trees and hills, a lot of backroad country twisties aswell, like off horseshoe bar exit, take a right and you won't see the sun for miles and miles. I've had so much fun on that road. Lincoln and Roseville is like a newer version of sac, pretty boring as far as scenery.

[ 2013-06-09, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Robb ]

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only thing wrong is too many fuckers live in ca, the more assholes that move out of the state the better, enjoy that shitty state of Texas.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Only thing wrong is too many fuckers live in ca, the more assholes that move out of the state the better, enjoy that shitty state of Texas.

It does suck living here with all the freedom you have here. Too bad it's not like Cali with high cost of living, ridiculous tax, and shitty laws.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

It does suck living here with all the freedom you have here. Too bad it's not like Cali with high cost of living, ridiculous tax, and shitty laws.
Yeah it sucks having higher wages to.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com