Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Vehicles coming out

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New Vehicles coming out
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was doing some training today on the 14 Fiesta and thought a thread on what we are looking forward to or expecting in makes and models other than Mustangs would be cool.
I'm nervous but excited for the Fiesta's 1.0L 3 cylinder Ecoboost option! Ford hasn't released info to the public yet that I'm aware of and no EPA estimates yet but I'm thinking it will be a hit.

Anyone else looking forward to something new on the market?

[ 2013-05-23, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: swedensky ]

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got to drive a Dart with the 1.4 Multiair turbo engines. Felt like a much bigger engine than it was. I'd imagine the Ecoboost would feel like a N/A 2.0 in something like a Fiesta.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard the 1.0L is a strong engine considering its size but the stop/start program it has a odd and can be felt while driving around town.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hook me up with a high mileage 2011+ f150 crew cab 4wd 5.0 v8! hahaha

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forget them lil cars whats the 411 on the 2015 GT's
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:

Current rumors are 3 engine options for standard models. V6, turbo 4 and 5.0. Both 6 & 4 will have ~300hp with the 4 being priced between the base V6 & GT. The GT 5.0 is said to have 475hp but I'm not sure i believe that one. I think that number would fall in line more for a Mach or Boss. The other two engines and pricing structures does follow Ford's other model lines so its believable
Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
quote:

Current rumors are 3 engine options for standard models. V6, turbo 4 and 5.0. Both 6 & 4 will have ~300hp with the 4 being priced between the base V6 & GT. The GT 5.0 is said to have 475hp but I'm not sure i believe that one. I think that number would fall in line more for a Mach or Boss. The other two engines and pricing structures does follow Ford's other model lines so its believable
i know all those rumors, but this guy went to a ford training so he could of asked the guys there, shit when i worked at nissan n did all this training i always bugged about the GTR and Nismo z
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
quote:

i know all those rumors, but this guy went to a ford training so he could of asked the guys there, shit when i worked at nissan n did all this training i always bugged about the GTR and Nismo z
If you'll reread, I never went to a training but I was doing some training. It was on the computer. And if ford had any info to tell a salesman, it would've already been blasted across the Internet.
For those that visit SVTP there was an article about two weeks ago that was taken down but had real info on the new engines for the mustang.

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com