Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Places to tune 03 cobra? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Places to tune 03 cobra?
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM Dan (turbo50) or me for info if you'd like. My tuner has 20+ years experience and can tune any setup you give him. And if it were me, I wouldn't go to TPS.

And if you do decide to go to AED, you won't be disappointed. Numbers may not be as great as a whipple, but you can expect a good, reliable tune.

[ 2013-04-22, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: SLOWSN95 ]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a guy that has his own dyno and is independent but I always recommend Aed and MRP then go down the list if u can't get in or what not.....again I'd make peace with Aed because they can't be beat.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
banks86coupe
¯
Member # 11683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for banks86coupe  Ford pictures for banks86coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
I'm looking to get an 03 cobra tuned. 2.6 KB. Looking for something reputable not looking for cheap.

ALL OUT PERFORMANCE
Alot of ppl come to get there cars tuned by nate.
from up north and down south..

--------------------
86 4 eyed coupe h/c/i full exhaust

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
quote:
I'm not sure how either Drew or I was unprofessional in our conversation. (Not sure if you talked to me or Drew), but we only work with certain setups. The #1 way we piss customers off is by telling them we won't tune on pump gas over 15psi.

I apologize if we came off as unprofessional.
We strive to provide the best possible product (in this case tune) and sometimes that means telling the customer to change parts/setups to meet their goals.

Nothing serious, you guys run a great operation. I felt like I should look elsewhere after I was questioned if I wanted to keep the KB after being informed how much it could make on a whipple. I thought maybe you didn't want to work on the car if it had a KB. If you guys were to tune the car I would follow all requests as far as fuel and what not. Thanks for the reply.
Ah yes, I remember talking to you.

Hard to beat a Whipple 2.9L that we routeenly get 610-620RW on 15psi and pump gas (3.75" pulley).
No KB I've ever done has come close with the same boost level. Closest one was a Liquid Cooled 2.8H at 18psi and Pump/race gas mix. Made within 5hp of a similar combo 15psi Whipple 2.9L and straight 91.

For tuning it does not matter to me what you run, just giving you a heads up on what to expect so you don't leave the shop disapointed in the numbers.

Hey shaun whats up bud,just wondering how you get a 3.75 pulley on a whipple 2.9 to make only 15psi when ive seen them clip 17psi at the top. they make 15psi at peak torque as i have seen but I thought you guys dont tune cars with over 15psi on pump gas 91.So technically those numbers at 600plus are really being achieved at 17psi.Just curious that all.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'm not sure how either Drew or I was unprofessional in our conversation. (Not sure if you talked to me or Drew), but we only work with certain setups. The #1 way we piss customers off is by telling them we won't tune on pump gas over 15psi.

We strive to provide the best possible product (in this case tune) and sometimes that means telling the customer to change parts/setups to meet their goals.

+1

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by banks86coupe:
quote:
I'm looking to get an 03 cobra tuned. 2.6 KB. Looking for something reputable not looking for cheap.

ALL OUT PERFORMANCE

+1
I called AOP a while back and they helped me alot over the phone regarding my fuel system. I've seen some cars out here tuned by Nate and they make some SICK power.

--------------------
-American Revolution-

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing serious, you guys run a great operation. I felt like I should look elsewhere after I was questioned if I wanted to keep the KB after being informed how much it could make on a whipple. I thought maybe you didn't want to work on the car if it had a KB. If you guys were to tune the car I would follow all requests as far as fuel and what not. Thanks for the reply.

Hard to beat a Whipple 2.9L that we routeenly get 610-620RW on 15psi and pump gas (3.75" pulley).
No KB I've ever done has come close with the same boost level. Closest one was a Liquid Cooled 2.8H at 18psi and Pump/race gas mix. Made within 5hp of a similar combo 15psi Whipple 2.9L and straight 91.

For tuning it does not matter to me what you run, just giving you a heads up on what to expect so you don't leave the shop disapointed in the numbers.

Hey shaun whats up bud,just wondering how you get a 3.75 pulley on a whipple 2.9 to make only 15psi when ive seen them clip 17psi at the top. they make 15psi at peak torque as i have seen but I thought you guys dont tune cars with over 15psi on pump gas 91.So technically those numbers at 600plus are really being achieved at 17psi.Just curious that all.
Engines are most prone to detonation at peak torque.
I will not tune a stock Terminator on more than 15psi at peak torque. 17psi at 7K+ is no big deal.
I do centri's all the time with 17peak.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

My little 2.4KB made 580rwhp SAE, that's kinda close....lol 15psi and pump gas.

[ 2013-04-23, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: 03SVTPower ]

banks86coupe
¯
Member # 11683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for banks86coupe  Ford pictures for banks86coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AR_Stang:
quote:
Originally posted by banks86coupe:
quote:

ALL OUT PERFORMANCE

+1
I called AOP a while back and they helped me alot over the phone regarding my fuel system. I've seen some cars out here tuned by Nate and they make some SICK power.

a friend has a termi tuned by nate all stock heads and stock head studs manifolds just an upgraded blower and a few other things making 700 wheel.
Krz88lx
¯
Member # 4261

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz88lx  Ford pictures for Krz88lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't wait to get tuned by Shaun Ellis [patriot]

--------------------
Krz4rd5

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, your KB is gifted!
So is Jason's 2.9 that out down 650 on 15psi. He ended up with 730 something on E85 with 19lbs. We left it there due to the stock engine. Didn't want to push it any harder.

Your engine can handle a bit more! I bet that little KB could hit 700 with E85 and more boost.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, your KB is gifted!
So is Jason's 2.9 that out down 650 on 15psi. He ended up with 730 something on E85 with 19lbs. We left it there due to the stock engine. Didn't want to push it any harder.

Your engine can handle a bit more! I bet that little KB could hit 700 with E85 and more boost.

One of these days we'll make it happen!! [Wink]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, your KB is gifted!

Our little 2.2kb on e85/19psi STOCK long block made 680/630 with Shaun tunning I'd say that's a healthy 2.2 setup [Wink]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, your KB is gifted!

Our little 2.2kb on e85/19psi STOCK long block made 680/630 with Shaun tunning I'd say that's a healthy 2.2 setup [Wink]
Definately!

Highest we've ever gotten out of a 2.2L was 695RW. Swapped to the 2.8H and ran 9's.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com