Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is anyone using the Safeway discount at chevron? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is anyone using the Safeway discount at chevron?
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Folks don't realize that buying cheap gas at arco or those other weak stations is more expensive than shell or chevron. I was never a believer until I did my own tests. I got way more miles with shell or chevron than cheap ass arco. Ps get the gas buddy app! I find shell or chevron for cheaper than those weak stations.

--------------------
To be or not to be

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
Folks don't realize that buying cheap gas at arco or those other weak stations is more expensive than shell or chevron. I was never a believer until I did my own tests. I got way more miles with shell or chevron than cheap ass arco. Ps get the gas buddy app! I find shell or chevron for cheaper than those weak stations.

Agreed, i used Arco diesel and i lost 2mpg driving on it.
I can't find Chevron for cheaper than any local Arco unless i go to Nevada but the difference is really only saving a few dollars between the cheap station and the expensive one.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used it 3 times this week and got 20 cent discount each time. Not exactly sure how it works because we rarely shop at Safeway. I know last weekend at a Safeway in Tahoe we spent $35 and our receipt said we qualified for another fuel discount
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:

That's weird. My first Jeep ran great on Arco, and didn't like 76 or Chevron as much.
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hate to break it to u guys, but ALL california gas fucking blows! Hella dirty right out of the pump. Also the alcohol content percentage is ridiculous (why you notice certain gas burns faster than other gas. Alcohol is very combustable but has a much less potential energy than gasoline, which is why it burns so much faster).

I'm a service tech for Audi and when I do pre delivery inspections, the cars come with a gallon or 2 of 95 octane (until the end of inspection when I take them to chevron and fill them with enoughh 91 for the potential buyers to road test). First time I cracked the gas cap I was amazed by the smell of the 95 octane!

Audis call for 95 octane, but we have to settle for 91 in this bullshit state. The direct injection motors I work on are getting caked with super nasty and rock hard carbon behind the intake valves and in the runners. Its because of the lower octane. Detonation, egr gas and high pressure injection equals the worst carbon ever! Which leads to nasty misfires.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know if this is a national thing or just in CA? Gonna be in Reno tomorrow and would be cool to pay 3.80 for diesel lol.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bentley mobs a stang:
Audis call for 95 octane, but we have to settle for 91 in this bullshit state. The direct injection motors I work on are getting caked with super nasty and rock hard carbon behind the intake valves and in the runners. Its because of the lower octane. Detonation, egr gas and high pressure injection equals the worst carbon ever! Which leads to nasty misfires.

95 ron is equivalent to 91 octane.

Also, at most gas pumps out of state, I usually only see it go up to 93 octane.

[ 2013-04-06, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: DLo ]

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by bentley mobs a stang:

95 ron is equivalent to 91 octane.

Also, at most gas pumps out of state, I usually only see it go up to 93 octane.

this. being a tech i'm surprised he didn't know that. 95ron = 91 here. the "95" is how they rate it in Europe which its where the audis are built (Germany).

i do get maybe 10% better mileage when CA switches over to the "summer blend" i think usually at the end of this month or next.

the additive some brands add to the gasoline also differentiates themselves From other brands.

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do you even feel a difference in the brand of gas you put in your car????
Only time I noticed a difference was when I used 76's 91 octane and the only difference was it gave me less mpg, not like I felt the added 20rwhp like people act it gives. Unless your car is tuned of course..

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I buy Costco gas it's just down the street from my work.

Yup by far the cheapest

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
Anyone know if this is a national thing or just in CA? Gonna be in Reno tomorrow and would be cool to pay 3.80 for diesel lol.

Just paid 3.75 up where I'm at [Wink] but this was at a pilot fuel station

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3.95/gallon at chevron tonite for 91 with club card [Cool]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
how do you even feel a difference in the brand of gas you put in your car????
Only time I noticed a difference was when I used 76's 91 octane and the only difference was it gave me less mpg, not like I felt the added 20rwhp like people act it gives. Unless your car is tuned of course..

I don't feel more HP i feel it run smoother, less vibration at idle and while i am driving it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Looks like this Safeway thing is only in California, i filled up at Chevron in Reno and there was no signs or anything about Safeway. I paid 4.05 though [Eek!] Way better than 4.39

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hate to break it to u guys, but ALL california gas fucking blows! Hella dirty right out of the pump. Also the alcohol content percentage is ridiculous (why you notice certain gas burns faster than other gas. Alcohol is very combustable but has a much less potential energy than gasoline, which is why it burns so much faster).

I'm a service tech for Audi and when I do pre delivery inspections, the cars come with a gallon or 2 of 95 octane (until the end of inspection when I take them to chevron and fill them with enoughh 91 for the potential buyers to road test). First time I cracked the gas cap I was amazed by the smell of the 95 octane!

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^read it the first time. I think someone wants to brag that he's a tech at audi [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

This shit is a SCAM, i tried using my point for .10 cents off and they told me i can only use it in the area code my phone number is in (925) cause its my old phone number. So if you leave your area code don't expect to get .10 or .20 cents off.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It works for me every time.. I got 30cents off on Sunday...

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com