Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bay Area Guys: Need Help Finding Housing In SF (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bay Area Guys: Need Help Finding Housing In SF
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

I am not super picky, but would like to stay at or under 1k a month.

I'm leaving this thread now. Last piece of advice is come strapped, bring your vest, and practice your mean mug for $1000 in SF.
I just pissed my pants...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:

People who tell you to live across the bay are retarded. Oakland is terrible when compared to the SF side.

Troll [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i see alot of houses advertising by way of "room for rent" signs in windows in dc...i assume they are older and not hip to CL...might try to drive around the area...gellert etc...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
People who tell you to live across the bay are retarded. Oakland is terrible when compared to the SF side.

[Roll Eyes] You must have not lived on both sides. I would rather take three stops on bart then ride fucking muni any fucking longer. Weather in SF and the peninsula sucks balls unless you leave past south city. I can't wait to stop paying absurd amounts of rent and start paying a mortgage in North Oakland.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure you can find something . Ill pm you if I see anything I. The San Bruno, south city area

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
What areas would be the hood?

in the 1k range I am also looking at sharing a room if needed. Initial browsing seems like 1k would get you a shoe box on your own, but with a roommate you can swing a pretty nice location for about 900

If you want to live in the city, I would actually look in the twin peaks area, forest hill, glen park, inner sunset or even sunset area for a room. It will take a while to find a room, so start looking well in advance. [patriot]
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If its only a year just commute its not that bad....

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks again for the info.

More than a few people have proposed staying across the bridge and doing Amtrak/Bart. I will have to continue to look and see what works.

If I find something I will ask some of you fellas about the area. Keep an eye out if you guys see something legit.

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:

[Roll Eyes] You must have not lived on both sides. I would rather take three stops on bart then ride fucking muni any fucking longer. Weather in SF and the peninsula sucks balls unless you leave past south city. I can't wait to stop paying absurd amounts of rent and start paying a mortgage in North Oakland.
Not trying to start an argument for sake of the thread but you make no sense. You say you'd rather take bart than Muni. Ok, If you live across the bay and catch bart to SF how will you get around withn SF? MUNI!!! so regardless your stuck with MUNI. I honestly think the guy has his own form of vehicle if he's talking about commuting from the peninsula to SF.

Yes rent is expensive in SF that's why I suggested the Peninsula. I even gave an example of an apartment if you looked at my post.

Weather where I'm at isn't so bad that I'd prefer bullets over it. No offense to Oakland residents. Just being honest. there is a reason it cost more to live on this side.

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

I am not super picky, but would like to stay at or under 1k a month.

I'm leaving this thread now. Last piece of advice is come strapped, bring your vest, and practice your mean mug for $1000 in SF.
I just pissed my pants...
Lol this aint afghanistan
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:

Not trying to start an argument for sake of the thread but you make no sense. You say you'd rather take bart than Muni. Ok, If you live across the bay and catch bart to SF how will you get around withn SF? MUNI!!! so regardless your stuck with MUNI. I honestly think the guy has his own form of vehicle if he's talking about commuting from the peninsula to SF.

Yes rent is expensive in SF that's why I suggested the Peninsula. I even gave an example of an apartment if you looked at my post.

Weather where I'm at isn't so bad that I'd prefer bullets over it. No offense to Oakland residents. Just being honest. there is a reason it cost more to live on this side.

I commute to the Fidi aka financial district, so Bart is all I would need to get to the Embarcadero station. Muni is fine for the occasional trip to the inner parts of the city but it is way too erratic for my everyday commute.

BTW I do love the Peninsula so I am not hating on either side. South City, Daly City are too cold and foggy for me. I would definately do San Bruno and cities below it if the houses weren't insanely priced.

For me at this time, I prefer better weather and and to own a house. And Oakland isn't all shootings and drugs like people think. There is good parts and areas to stick to. [Wink]

To the original poster, you will enjoy the bay regardless where you choose! [patriot]

[ December 29, 2012, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: SEMPERFI510 ]

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in the meanwhile live in your car, buy a gym pass and go shower their, preferably a truck so you can store your clothes.
Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com