Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bay Area Guys: Need Help Finding Housing In SF (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bay Area Guys: Need Help Finding Housing In SF
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got offered a promotion in SF. Now I'm on the hunt for a place to stay out there. Been on CL of course, but you never know who/what your going to get. Can't be around any BS due to the type of job I'm holding. Hoping someone has knowledge of a good place to stay, Or maybe someone renting a room.

Looking to stay in the peninsula and avoid the bridge all together.

If you guys know of any other good sites to look at I would love to hear it.

[patriot]

[ December 28, 2012, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You must have a great job if you want to live out there (get me a job) my girl has her own real estate office if you're looking to buy but I'll ask her if she can find out any spots for rent
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might want to be more specific in what you're looking for(I.e size, type of rental, area, must haves, etc.
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be prepared to pay out of the ass over here for a rental. Best bet is looking for a room to rent but even that is super competitive. Try craigslist.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
Might want to be more specific in what you're looking for(I.e size, type of rental, area, must haves, etc.

+1
Also I highly reccomend you stay along the peninsula. Less congestion all while still being close to SF. I live in South San Francisco and can be downtown in 15min.

Pick a city then let us local guys let you know which areas to stay away from. Daly City & South San Francisco would be the best bang for your buck

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by venomous99:

+1
Also I highly reccomend you stay along the peninsula. Less congestion all while still being close to SF. I live in South San Francisco and can be downtown in 15min.

Pick a city then let us local guys let you know which areas to stay away from. Daly City & South San Francisco would be the best bang for your buck
! I'd also add San Bruno and Pacifica to the list. All these spots are conveniently located close to sf and reasonably priced compared to what ud be paying from millbrae going down the peninsula.

Again best to give us some guidelines so we can recommend what is realistic for u. I can tell u to be prepared to spend 1700 for a small ass apartment and 2500 and up for a single family 1200 sqft home 3 bed 2 bath setup.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Terrence....check the text I sent you a couple weeks back! I listed ALL the "convenient" cities around SF [Wink]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does weather matter? It's warmer on the east bay. Worth the toll IMO.
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

+1

! I'd also add San Bruno and Pacifica to the list. All these spots are conveniently located close to sf and reasonably priced compared to what ud be paying from millbrae going down the peninsula.

Again best to give us some guidelines so we can recommend what is realistic for u. I can tell u to be prepared to spend 1700 for a small ass apartment and 2500 and up for a single family 1200 sqft home 3 bed 2 bath setup.

I agree with San Bruno but I'm a bit iffy about Pacifica. Guess it depends which part. The commute could be up to 30 mins depending on the part of Pacifica, plus weather sucks and its not as "Brotha" friendly if you catch my drift... I only go there for Gorilla BBQ! Lol

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely check to see if the promotion $ is worth it. My aunt rents her house out in dublin for 4k a month. I know its not sf but im sure prices are similar. Congrats on the promo.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Definitely check to see if the promotion $ is worth it. My aunt rents her house out in dublin for 4k a month. I know its not sf but im sure prices are similar. Congrats on the promo.

Damn, $4K a month for rent?!?! Fuck that...i'd rather stack up and buy a place for less monthly payment!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

Damn, $4K a month for rent?!?! Fuck that...i'd rather stack up and buy a place for less monthly payment!
Ya I can easily see prices going that much or higher in more desirable areas. Buddy of mine rents out his house in the sunset sf for 5k and its probably 1800 sqft, garage parking. Problem for many is not the month to month but more being able to throw down a reasonable down payment . 20% down in the bay is easily 100k+ and I can tell u the avg renter does not have that

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

I agree with San Bruno but I'm a bit iffy about Pacifica. Guess it depends which part. The commute could be up to 30 mins depending on the part of Pacifica, plus weather sucks and its not as "Brotha" friendly if you catch my drift... I only go there for Gorilla BBQ! Lol
Yah very true about Pacifica especially about the area near that BBQ place. Is it really that good? Certain parts of Pacifica is redneckville

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T, rent in the Bay Area (especially SF) has absolutely skyrocketed over the past 12-18 months.

If you have deep pockets and can afford it, by all means go for SF/Peninsula. It will undoubtedly be a good experience. But don't make any moves until you consider your income to rent ratios over several different cities to see if it makes sense. My point is that your monthly "after expense income" may be higher living in working in Sac than living and working in SF, despite your gross income being MUCH higher in SF.

The rest of us live in the East Bay, lol. Berkeley and many parts of Oakland aren't too shabby (Rockridge, Temescal for instance)

My "after expense income" is higher living and working in Oakland than living and working in the South Bay (and the South Bay is typically where the engineers wind up).

[ December 28, 2012, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

Yah I hear that. I thought she was just playing when she told us. Its a really nice house in a nice area though.

[ December 28, 2012, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the replies fells.

The office is located in SF, in what I believe is the Twin Peaks disrtict. Near Junipero Sera blvd. Staying on the peninsula is preferred as traffic, tolls, bart, etc don't appear to be worth it to save a couple hundred. But again educate me on some decent areas nearby that are commutable.

I am not super picky, but would like to stay at or under 1k a month. From what I've researched that is good for a VERY small flat or in-law apt. Plan is to transfer back to sac after a year, so I'm not looking to waste a bunch on housing. Don't mind living a little less luxury for a bit.

Ian brotha can you shoot me that text again?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1k might get you something in the hood !

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
1k might get you something in the hood !

Most likely.
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So under 1k might get you a spot with the occupy people lol.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Thanks for the replies fells.

The office is located in SF, in what I believe is the Twin Peaks disrtict. Near Junipero Sera blvd. Staying on the peninsula is preferred as traffic, tolls, bart, etc don't appear to be worth it to save a couple hundred. But again educate me on some decent areas nearby that are commutable.

I am not super picky, but would like to stay at or under 1k a month. From what I've researched that is good for a VERY small flat or in-law apt. Plan is to transfer back to sac after a year, so I'm not looking to waste a bunch on housing. Don't mind living a little less luxury for a bit.

Ian brotha can you shoot me that text again?

You'll be in the dumps at that price range.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What areas would be the hood?

in the 1k range I am also looking at sharing a room if needed. Initial browsing seems like 1k would get you a shoe box on your own, but with a roommate you can swing a pretty nice location for about 900

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy a cheap travel trailer and park it at one of the trailer parks and live in it if for only a year.

Some of my techs live 2-4 deep in trailers throughout the bay area and go home during weekends and when not on call.

Its only a year......shit rent a room at an extended stay>

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

I am not super picky, but would like to stay at or under 1k a month.

I'm leaving this thread now. Last piece of advice is come strapped, bring your vest, and practice your mean mug for $1000 in SF.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

$750 will get you a room/in-law in daly city
Heck I just was told about a 1 bedroom apartment in South San Francisco by a coworker for $675. It's not posted on Craigslist. It's not in the hood BTW. Just take your time and look.

People who tell you to live across the bay are retarded. Oakland is terrible when compared to the SF side.

--------------------

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

quote:

People who tell you to live across the bay are retarded. Oakland is terrible when compared to the SF side.

^ funny guy.
[Roll Eyes]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com