Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Getting a gun in Japan (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Getting a gun in Japan
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In Japan, you cannot buy a handgun, much less an assault rifle. In fact, even off-duty police officers are banned from carrying guns.

You can buy a shotgun or an air rifle, but it is not easy:

First, you have to take a class and a written exam.
Then there's a skill test at a shooting range
Next is a drug test
Then a mental evaluation.
Assuming you pass all those tests, you file with the police, who then run a background check.
No wonder Japan has one of the lowest gun ownership rates in the world.

But does it work?

In 2008, the U.S. had 12,000 gun-related murders. Japan had 11. More than double that number were killed in the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
...........maybe thats why they are all killing themselves........

again, nothing constructive to add........EVER as usual.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_Japan

[ December 21, 2012, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn these posts are getting annoying......

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who knew that CAFords was packed with so many gun nuts? [Confused]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:

SO by your reasoning, the solution to lowering the suicied rate in Japan is to give people guns?

You FOX news watching, NRA loving , Republican voting gun nuts are somthing else. [Roll Eyes]

[ December 21, 2012, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:

Its not that I am a gun nut its just that your posts always have a negative spin on them. It really sux.........

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:

SO by your reasoning, the solution to lowering the suicied rate in Japan is to give people guns?

You FOX news watching, NRA loving , Republican voting gun nuts are somthing else. [Roll Eyes]

No my post was as pointless and negative as yours..........

--------------------

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Thank you, very nice of you to say! [patriot]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why can't we have that feature that SVTP has where you can put people on an ignore list?! It'd definitely come in handy.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Japanese are a totally different culture then us. The majority of Japanese people are: Respectful, honorable, smart. You want proof? How many people tried to riot after there major earthquake?
The only Japanese people you need to fear are the under ground gangsters. Those guys are as ruthless as the Mexican drug cartels.... But being the more honorable group they are they typically don't kill women and children.

Give it up Cobraracer. When it comes down to it the majority of this country still believes in traditional American values. Believing in private property, freedom of religion & the right to protect themselves from threats against those God given rights. [patriot]

--------------------
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
The Japanese are a totally different culture then us. The majority of Japanese people are: Respectful, honorable, smart. You want proof? How many people tried to riot after there major earthquake?
The only Japanese people you need to fear are the under ground gangsters. Those guys are as ruthless as the Mexican drug cartels.... But being the more honorable group they are they typically don't kill women and children.

Give it up Cobraracer. When it comes down to it the majority of this country still believes in traditional American values. Believing in private property, freedom of religion & the right to protect themselves from threats against those God given rights. [patriot]

That and every household in Japan has a Samurai Sword cause they grew up with those not guns

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Prior to the 1850s, Japan was a closed society because they believed the outsiders even Chinese were less civilized than them. They had been taking daily baths since the 1400s, while Europeans took a bath maybe once a week or month even. They have strict social rules that would warrant suicide for even the slightest disrespect or shame. Take our country in contrast is a mixture/mash up of all societies integrated with one another and we've only been on our own since the 1700s. The one thing that the forefathers knew couldn't be taken from us are guns, if the people have that power then a corrupt government could always be removed. If they take our guns it WILL be the fall of the US and the republic of California will be our new country at least out here.
fast305s
¯
Member # 11897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fast305s  Ford pictures for fast305s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
In Japan, you cannot buy a handgun, much less an assault rifle. In fact, even off-duty police officers are banned from carrying guns.

You can buy a shotgun or an air rifle, but it is not easy:

First, you have to take a class and a written exam.
Then there's a skill test at a shooting range
Next is a drug test
Then a mental evaluation.
Assuming you pass all those tests, you file with the police, who then run a background check.
No wonder Japan has one of the lowest gun ownership rates in the world.

But does it work?

In 2008, the U.S. had 12,000 gun-related murders. Japan had 11. More than double that number were killed in the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.

Then move to japan......you'd fit in over there.. they like big pink weiners there too.... [patriot]

--------------------
Built, not bought.

95 mustang gt
73 f-100
06 powerstroke

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Cobraracer for trying to take away our 2nd Amendment [BS flag] I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you need a gun...

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even with how hard it is to get a gun over there someone can still steal that gun and go shoot up a school full of kids.

That kid that shot up the school did not even own a gun. He stole his mothers gun, murdered her, and went to the school.

How is that the fault of the gun owner?

[ December 21, 2012, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your neighbors need that gun sign, you know the one where they don't help you kuz you're anti-gun.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why don't you just move???

My dad didn't dodge Russian troops in East Germany, spend 3 years in a refugee camp, and petition an extra year just to get to the US instead of Canada or Australia just so we could come here and give up our guns to the government you asshole!

Someone fuckin ban this pussy he's ruining my Christmas vibe!

[ December 21, 2012, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Your neighbors need that gun sign, you know the one where they don't help you kuz you're anti-gun.

-

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Why don't you just move???

My dad didn't dodge Russian troops in East Germany, spend 3 years in a refugee camp, and petition an extra year just to get to the US instead of Canada or Australia just so we could come here and give up our guns to the government you asshole!

Someone fuckin ban this pussy he's ruining my Christmas vibe!

hahahahahaha +1!

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For real if you like Japan so much, move there. They'll be excited to have you there I bet, lol

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

-
Hahaha I wonder if they really do make those

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Revved up
¯
Member # 11321

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Revved up  Ford pictures for Revved up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didnt some guy in Japan kill a bunch of people with a sword or knife or something? Like 22 people attacked.......

--------------------
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyixgrPn4g1qc1ac7o1_500.gif

Posts: 275 | From: Fairfield, Ca | Registered: Sep 2011  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder how Cobraracer feels about this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzXJkXxwKHY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What's worse? Guns or Borderline Pedophilia?

--------------------
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Why are there so many retarded sheep like yourself? You keep using the word assault rifle, yet you don't even have a clue what one is.. Your dumb ass is half the problem with the world. To stupid to even know what you are talking about, but if you see a word on the news, even if it's the wrong word, or misused. You don't care you keep using it. No fucking clue as to what it really means. just like a Lemming!

This might help your dumb ass.. But I doubt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yATeti5GmI8

[ December 21, 2012, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
Thanks Cobraracer for trying to take away our 2nd Amendment [BS flag] I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you need a gun...

No I hope he does.. And doesn't have one to help him out.. [patriot] I ain't going to lie. I wouldn't be to mad to see someone break into his house tie him up, and pistol whip the shit out of him.. Take bets the next day he would run right out and buy the biggest one he could get. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com