Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Predictions on what the new gun control legislation will be? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Predictions on what the new gun control legislation will be?
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here goes mine.

Any pistol or rifle with a detachable magazine will be limited to 6 rounds. All existing higher capacity magazines will be deemed illegal. Turn them in or destroy them. Heavy fines for anyone using or in possession of one.

Pretty sure they realize that they cannot ban semi auto's due to the fact they would make criminals out of 100 million Americans. On the other hand the magazine capacity rule would be easier to implement.

What do you guys think?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's bullshit... [BS flag]

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't matter I'm never turning my arms into anyone for anything.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to say 10rd mags will be the new standard for every state, maybe bullet buttons too [Eek!] They can't/won't ban a particular or weapons period. I think they'll just start cracking down on capacities if anything.

So just start carrying a bunch of mags, makes no difference if I'm using a 10rd or 15rd mag I'll have more.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Don't matter I'm never turning my arms into anyone for anything.

Definitely agree! They also know that. But what about magazines?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The legal environment is vastly different today than it was in 1994. Also the fact that communicating and mobilizing the masses to take action is much easier now thanks to the Internet. I believe any legislation proposed has an uphill battle to pass Constitutional muster. The 4th and 14th Amendments still apply, and the government cannot arbitrarily make citizens criminals overnight. Not to mention, the Republicans still control Congress.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
'If' we get cut down on smaller capacities they should grandfather in the high cap mags that the gun owner already has.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If Obama was a good President he would realize that its not the gun that's the problem its the mental health of some people but he's not and he wants less resistence from the slaves so he'll take our guns away until all we have to protect ourselves from the government is rocks.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
The legal environment is vastly different today than it was in 1994. Also the fact that communicating and mobilizing the masses to take action is much easier now thanks to the Internet. I believe any legislation proposed has an uphill battle to pass Constitutional muster. The 4th and 14th Amendments still apply, and the government cannot arbitrarily make citizens criminals overnight. Not to mention, the Republicans still control Congress.

Yeah well, the state of California did that (made citizens criminals) with the pre ban "assault" weapons law that anyone with one had to register them. I recall that around 12K registered them and over 100K citizens that didn't are now criminals.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
If Obama was a good President he would realize that its not the gun that's the problem its the mental health of some people but he's not and he wants less resistence from the slaves so he'll take our guns away until all we have to protect ourselves from the government is rocks.

You know what they say about if pigs had wings, right? [Big Grin]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Implement the magazine rule, and put an age limit on who can own one and use one. Anyone under the age limit caught using one, the responsibility for that persons actions falls on the owner. Negligence.

16 to drive
18 to smoke cigarettes
21 to drink alcohol
25+ to own a gun.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
Implement the magazine rule, and put an age limit on who can own one and use one. Anyone under the age limit caught using one, the responsibility for that persons actions falls on the owner. Negligence.

16 to drive
18 to smoke cigarettes
21 to drink alcohol
25+ to own a gun.

I think guns should come before alcohol.

[ December 17, 2012, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

16 to drive
18 to smoke cigarettes
21 to drink alcohol
25+ to own a gun.

16 to drive
We all drove before 16, I am almost certain

18 to smoke cigarettes
I know I smoked cigarettes before 18, not proud of it. But still did it.

21 to drink alcohol- My biggest partying days where before I'm 21. Now that I am, I haven't touched it.

25+ to own a gun.

But 18 to go into the military, which you can use bigger, more lethal guns. And go kill people?

Nahh

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by 92MaroonGT:
quote:

16 to drive
18 to smoke cigarettes
21 to drink alcohol
25+ to own a gun.

16 to drive
We all drove before 16, I am almost certain

18 to smoke cigarettes
I know I smoked cigarettes before 18, not proud of it. But still did it.

21 to drink alcohol- My biggest partying days where before I'm 21. Now that I am, I haven't touched it.

25+ to own a gun.

But 18 to go into the military, which you can use bigger, more lethal guns. And go kill people?

Nahh

I was thinking along the same lines. Plus, there are plenty of wacko's over 25.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guns aren't the problem. The mentally unstable are. If we scanned newborns at birth for mentally instability and disposed of them then or locked them in a basement then we'd be much better off lol... Buy your guns and magazines now fellas till then

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Changing the law to make people be older to own guns won't stop anything.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell me again what criminal follows the laws?

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Guns and our society's handling of mental health issues are both problems. They both need to be addressed in an intelligent manner. The old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is worn out and doesn't hold much water in light of the numerous mass killings we have had to endure. All of which involved sick people and guns.
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

I think rational people can agree that no amount of restriction on guns will solve this problem. The genie is already out of the bottle. The law makers in DC don't happen to be the most rational people around though. Someone should remind them that murder is against the law and we know how well that has worked out.

I only hope they think more about security then about gun control. Maybe having more trained/armed people in schools, malls, and any place where a large group of people congregate. I don't know, maybe there is no solution.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:

Guns and our society's handling of mental health issues are both problems. They both need to be addressed in an intelligent manner. The old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is worn out and doesn't hold much water in light of the numerous mass killings we have had to endure. All of which involved sick people and guns.
Sick people will find any means available to achieve there murderous goal. Sure it's easy to say if guns were not readily available we would eliminate that possibility for them. But they would just find another means to do their deed. Poisoning the water/food, explosives (pretty easy to make), machete, fire. I mean there is no end to the possibilities.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can the people in favor of more gun bans defend this kind of behavior?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0vnAo_mjA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
This video shows you just how much Liberal hollywood stars & liberal politians think they are above everyone else. [BS flag]

[ December 17, 2012, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:
quote:

Sick people will find any means available to achieve there murderous goal. Sure it's easy to say if guns were not readily available we would eliminate that possibility for them. But they would just find another means to do their deed. Poisoning the water/food, explosives (pretty easy to make), machete, fire. I mean there is no end to the possibilities.
True, but at this point guns are the easiest solution for these wack jobs. I don't agree with the argument that we shouldn't take action on guns just because a perp can find another means to his end. I don't know what the laws should be but ignoring the fact that guns are one part of a complex problem is not right.
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:
quote:

True, but at this point guns are the easiest solution for these wack jobs. I don't agree with the argument that we shouldn't take action on guns just because a perp can find another means to his end. I don't know what the laws should be but ignoring the fact that guns are one part of a complex problem is not right.
It is a complex problem but human nature is to take the path of least resistence. Make a law, ban this or that. Seems we always come up with the same solutions and they don't work, which is why there a millions of laws on the books and not much has been solved. Drugs are illegal - drugs everywhere. Rape illegal -.......

To me, a big part of the problem is how America has "progressed". I'm older then probably everyone here so I can give you a little history. When I watched tv as a kid, no one got killed. Lone Ranger shot the gun out of the bad guys hand. Superman was a hero. Even in "adult" movies where ther was a fair amount of gun play. You never saw blood gushing out of wounds. Worst you saw was a little dark stain where a guy got shot.

Compare that to today's movies. If you don't see someones head exploding with all the graphic detail, people are bored. Like, what's the big deal.

Unfortunately, like with guns, the genie is out of the bottle on that one too. This society has become numb to movie violence and carnage. Young kids are watching this crap at a time when they have difficulty distinguising between fake and reality.

You know, how do we change that now?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would bet the 10 round Mag thing will be implimented in all 50 states for hand guns. Probably see a Mag limit for rifles as well. No "grandfather" deal for higher capacity mags, just steep finesand or jail time for those caught with them.

I think we need more CCW holders and/or open carry states. Along with that, the CCW classes should be more in depth for situations like the Oregon Mall shooting and the CT elementary school.

I'm sure the push will be towards anything considered an "assult rifle" though. Who knows. I guess we will just have to stock up on weapons and ammo and se what comes down the pipe.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

One thing for sure. BIG sales for AR's and price increases. These legislators sell more guns then all the gun shows combined.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com