Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Someone tried to set my Cobra on Fire!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Someone tried to set my Cobra on Fire!!
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
I'm pretty sure it's a movie thing, I highly doubt the vehicle would just explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36ssGbClUk

it worked for sphinx!

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol my bad, that myth just got busted!

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
I am no detective, but lets take a look at this further because it might be helpful:

Dog training... What kind of dogs?

Shooting... What were you shooting and where? And how do you tie together dog training and shooting?

The guy who let you shoot.... What's your relationship with him and why was he in a position to let you shoot as you put it?

Common sense tells me that if I am driving my truck and I see a rag burning from someone's gas tank, I don't stop and try to pull it out because its extremely risky to do so. Rags dont burn very long. That's suspicious.

Lets look at all possibilities ( not touching insurance fraud because it was mentioned above already and who in their right mind would blow up their own car with CCWs still on lol. And who in their right mind would blow up a car that's worth peanuts as far as kbb/insurance companies are concerned )

A.) the guy who let you shoot (still suspicious of the fact that he risked blowing himself up to save your 14yr old Mustang. The CCWs help, but not that much, lol. Was your car parked close to something valuable to him like his house/car?l)
B.) someone you were training/shooting with (can you think of any reason someone there with you might have a motive to do this? Was everyone with you the whole time you were away from the car?)
C,) someone that you know who was not there with you (got any enemies out there who might have known you were going to be in a remote/foggy area that day away from your car)
D.) someone you did not know (unless you can find other recent cases of cars being blown up in the area, this is very doubtful)

I have to be honest, if it were me, fixing the car would be the last of my worries right now. I would be focused on who is trying to blow up my car and/or kill me.

And you say that someone was trying to light your car on fire. No, someone was trying to BLOW your car the F up.

One thing is for sure, this situation smells really bad. Put the pieces together and best of luck to you in getting to the bottom of this.

The guy that pulled the paper towel out is a friend and he leases the property from a japanese owner.
The dog training is Springer Spaniel Field Trial dogs. We train on live pheasant and pigeons. Since they are a flushing dog, we have to shoot the birds for them after they fly.
I think it was a random act. Where we train is out in the boon docks. I think whoever did it was hoping to see the car on fire when/if they drove back by later. When I was getting ready to leave (after training) we saw a red car slow way down and look at my car (I could see them now from the field because the fog burned off by then) and then they sped back up.
My friend and I jumped in his truck and chased the car down, it was an old couple that thought maybe someone had crashed.

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=022299

??

Forgot about that, that was a long time ago.

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
E.L.F.?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLoWN FR500  Ford pictures for BLoWN FR500    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IT WAS COBRA 93-4992

--------------------
92 Fobra Supercharged - Stolen
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

I Stay Charged Like The Energizer Bunny

Posts: 1226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLoWN FR500:
IT WAS COBRA 93-4992

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
IT WAS COBRA 93-4992

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLoWN FR500  Ford pictures for BLoWN FR500    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
IT WAS COBRA 93-4992

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID THE DAY HE STARTED HATING ON ME [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
92 Fobra Supercharged - Stolen
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

I Stay Charged Like The Energizer Bunny

Posts: 1226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is how its really done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9guyPNZglE

hard to believe this would be random

[ December 17, 2012, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
IT WAS COBRA 93-4992

Dammmmnnn.... [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Shit just got real...

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
correct me if im wrong but i used to see this car on the way to work almost everyday on i5 is it a vert with a tan top!! if thats you i love this car!! also fuck those haters bro hope there was not to much damage thats a huge bummer

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dun dun duunnnn

Luke87 came in here on his Fred and Velma shit.

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com