Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Weight Gainers?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Weight Gainers?
Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio1999GT  Ford pictures for Rio1999GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know of any good ones?

I ordered these since they were buy one get on free.

I'll be doing strength training while taking this gainer. 5 sets of 3 heavy reps. A lot of compound exercises (lots of squats, deadlifts, benchpress, etc)

-

[ December 14, 2012, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Rio1999GT ]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cheater.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur balls will shrink [Razz]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO, F*&K Supplements, to each their own though. As a person who studies Kinesiology and Exercise Physiology, I would highly recommend that you only take this and that's it, no food. Because it only takes about 11-12 days of ZERO activity to loose muscle mass/strength /speed. So that means you have to be on top of your game as far as staying consistent with your routine.

Not trying to hate, but just like to share my opinion when it comes to giving advice to people about supplementing, because the majority of the stuff out there today has not been tested for longitudinally (years down the line).

If your diet is adequate, you should get plenty of protein, and gain the perfect amount of weight from just diet alone. But I can see how this is the cheaper route. I want to hear of results in 2 months. LMK where you are at now and where you plan to be in 2 months, as far as performance goes. I'm interested in these kind of things when I hear of people Supplementing.

[ December 14, 2012, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: BLK35th ]

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
93 interceptor
¯
Member # 9457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 interceptor  Ford pictures for 93 interceptor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Monster mass worked for me. I'm prepping for a men's physique bodybuilding competition n I took it during my bulking phase. Although supplements help you, u still need to have a clean diet too.

--------------------
1993 Ex-chp
" Drive it till da wheels FALL OFF and then SOME!!!

Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio1999GT  Ford pictures for Rio1999GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I'm only taking this and vitamins. Only plan on takin his to SUPLEMEMT my diet. It's only protein not anything like hormone boosters. But if you want to know how it goes I can keep a log of how much of gain I really got.
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gallon of whole milk a day. You want to get big you have to eat big. Look up Mark Rippetoe's training, he has a book out and is well known in the lifting community for his programming.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rio1999GT:
Well I'm only taking this and vitamins. Only plan on takin his to SUPLEMEMT my diet. It's only protein not anything like hormone boosters. But if you want to know how it goes I can keep a log of how much of gain I really got.

Yes, let me know where you are at currently, and what your daily intake is vs. your daily expenditure, and your 2 month results. I know that eating right can get really expensive, So substituting this for meals seems about right.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

quote:
Originally posted by BLK35th:
quote:
Originally posted by Rio1999GT:

Yes, let me know where you are at currently, and what your daily intake is vs. your daily expenditure, and your 2 month results. I know that eating right can get really expensive, So substituting this for meals seems about right.
Total caloric intake from foods is about 3500 calories. About 3-4 decent size meals. Rice, bread, and pasta for carbs; lean meats and (mainly chicken)and beans for protein; and a mix of vegetables. I decrease the intake of carbs later in the day so most of it is in the morning/afternoon.

Then I have my weight gainer which is about 600 calories/serving. I take that about twice a day.

Gym routine right now is 5 sets of 3 reps. About 3-4 times a week going heavy. I'm just starting back up again so I'm sure my weights will increase a little bit.

Current weight is 140lbs... (I know I'm small)

For example. Today I did Legs/Shoulders. First day on the gainer.

Squats:
warm up set of the bar x 15
warm up set of 135lbs x 10
205lbs x 3
225lbs x 3
245lbs x 3
245lbs x 3
245lbs x 3

Deadlifts
warm up set of 135lbs x 10
225lbs x 3
245lbs x 3
265lbs x 3
275lbs x 3
295lbs x 3

Legpress with x15 calf raises before each set
warm up 2 plates x 10
4 plates x 3
6 plates x 3
8 plates x 3
8 plates x 3
8 plates x 3

Dumb bell should press
20lbs x 10 warm up
40lbs x 3
45lbs x 3
50lbx x 3
55lbs x 3
60lbs x 3

Dumb bell side raises (or what ever they're called)
5 sets of 30lbs3x3

Dumb bell front raises
5 sets of 25lbsx3

Then I usually body weight pullups/dips/pushups/core after every workout.

[ December 14, 2012, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Rio1999GT ]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box all work great, there proven and tastes great. I forgot Carl's Jr. too!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Rinna90
¯
Member # 6850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rinna90  Ford pictures for Rinna90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your only 140lb and your for real taking in 3500cal a day there is no reason with that type of workout you should not be gaining weight! That's a good number for someone that weighs 200lbs.
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol man fuck gaining weight, i need to lose weight!

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

quote:
Originally posted by Rinna90:
If your only 140lb and your for real taking in 3500cal a day there is no reason with that type of workout you should not be gaining weight! That's a good number for someone that weighs 200lbs.

I probably burn about 1500 calories doing nothing. lol. I need to do one of those body fat tests where it breaks down everything for you... like the resting metabolism, I'm sure miens close to 1500 calories.

[ December 15, 2012, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: Rio1999GT ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com