Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Tesla Motors job... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tesla Motors job...
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
quote:
I don't know...I mean money is money, but $17/hr?!?? That's not necessarily something to be proud of if you ask me...

maybe so... but it sure isn't something to be ashamed of either.

you must have a job that makes much more then that right? not attacking you, just wondering.

No, I make $12.50/hr but I don't work hard [Wink] [Razz]
I'd rather work hard to finish a project and get paid very well. 25%-35% of what the project value is. So if they are the Motor Trend car of the year maker....And making good 40k cars...Then show me the money!!!???!!! $$$$$ WTF?

I don't want to work slowly(or not hard as you say) Its a waste of time. IMO

Lol! Trust me bro, I was just kidding about $12.50/hr and not working hard [Wink] I'm not the type to throw.around my salary, but I work hard and play hard...those who know me know that's how I get down [dance]
My salary hasn't changed much in the last ten years...It actually has gone down.
I used to make 17.00 per hr when gas was 1.99 a gallon. Milk was 1.99 a gal. I paid $350 for rent. Now shit has really gotten out of control. I should be making somewhere around $35 per hr. If gas and milk stays at these prices.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't know...I mean money is money, but $17/hr?!?? That's not necessarily something to be proud of if you ask me...

you must have a job that makes much more then that right? not attacking you, just wondering.

I'd rather work hard to finish a project and get paid very well. 25%-35% of what the project value is. So if they are the Motor Trend car of the year maker....And making good 40k cars...Then show me the money!!!???!!! $$$$$ WTF?

Lol! Trust me bro, I was just kidding about $12.50/hr and not working hard [Wink] I'm not the type to throw.around my salary, but I work hard and play hard...those who know me know that's how I get down [dance]
My salary hasn't changed much in the last ten years...It actually has gone down.
I used to make 17.00 per hr when gas was 1.99 a gallon. Milk was 1.99 a gal. I paid $350 for rent. Now shit has really gotten out of control. I should be making somewhere around $35 per hr. If gas and milk stays at these prices.

The way I see it, if your current salary is stale and you've been with the same company for over 3 yrs, then its time to make a move. I usually stay with a company for 2-3 yrs, gain knowledge, enhance your resume, then keep grinding to make more money elsewhere. I've had luck doing this even in this fucked up economy. I just started a new job last month after they tried to low ball me then a few months later came back with another offer that exceeded what I initially asked for lol! Gotta sell yourself [Wink]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been doing that for 20 yrs bro(I like your recommendation)...This economy has too many people desperate and willing to work for less. I can't really move at this point.
Some people have $0.00 per hr.

[ December 05, 2012, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: 75 chevy ]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The way I see it, if your current salary is stale and you've been with the same company for over 3 yrs, then its time to make a move. I usually stay with a company for 2-3 yrs, gain knowledge, enhance your resume, then keep grinding to make more money elsewhere. I've had luck doing this even in this fucked up economy. I just started a new job last month after they tried to low ball me then a few months later came back with another offer that exceeded what I initially asked for lol! Gotta sell yourself [Wink]
I feel you 100% on moving on if things aren't going anywhere. In my situation I have moved up but have now hit a glass ceiling. The only way through it is education. Only thing is when I do finish school the last place I will work is here. I'm not ballin' by any means but for a college student I must say i'm doing better than most of my classmates.

Working yourself like a slave isn't worth it in my opinion. I took some time off school to pick up a second job. I worked Mon-Fri 8am-11:45pm. Yes, I made more than most college graduates do on their first real job. However, I had no free time and my quality of life was crap.

I'll never work like a slave again to make less than the dorky employees at Genetech make lol. That's my rules. Good thing I'm still young at 22 and almost done with the edumacation. rant over.

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, education is number one. Some say its just a piece of paper, others say its who you know. I feel that both are true BUT you also need BOTH (degree and connections) to really make it. Not saying you can't do it on your own, but I have a degree and still rely on connections to get into other/better companies.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I make a tiny bit under $17 an hour but I hear we're getting a raise so I might hit the $17. BUT then again I don't do shit why do you think I keep stacking on all these posts? I might not make a lot of money but hey it easily supports my hobby N have a good amount left over.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm just going to keep working the rest of 2013 and enroll in the police academy starting January 2014, currently saving lol

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF is an hourly paycheck? It sounds like they want to limit how much money you make..... and 17 dollars an hour is a bargain it sounds like, for them!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I make 14.75 an hour in my catering job but I average about 40-75 bucks in tips cash that times 5 is an extra 200-300+ bucks a week sometimes I get a bit more ok and I only work 7-830 hours a day mon-fri if I do have a weekend gig its ot I start @ 5am off by 1-2pm and on top of that I get my gas reimbursement .65¢ a mile with my 373's [Wink] I can add extra miles lol that a totally diffrent check that another 200 bucks every 2 weeks also just started a bonus program so lets see how that goes I get free food I drive my fox and get paid to do so mon-fri off early but I aint happy I need more so hopefully next year I get my own food truck/ catering company because being here for 3+years shows me no matter how the economy is the big company's ebay,paypal,apple etc.. These mofos gotta eat and dont give a shit about the price.

Point of the story the pay has to balance the amount of labor you do and at 17bucks for manual labor its a real steal from tesla.

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nastysvt:
My friends at tesla are taking home $2600 HOME every 2 weeks with all the over time..complain about $17/hr if you want but that's a pretty decent paycheck

80 hours of regular and about 70 hours of OT. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets not comment on bayarea jobs , worry about cows, thanks

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where do you apply?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:
My friends at tesla are taking home $2600 HOME every 2 weeks with all the over time..complain about $17/hr if you want but that's a pretty decent paycheck

wrong...take home = net income after taxes and deducations.

a 2600 every two weeks would suggest a gross income of 7500-10k depending on witholdings, 401k, stock purchase plans, insurance etc.
LOL dude must be racking up crazy over time to go from $17/hr to what translates to an effective per hourly rate of $40/hrs or more.

i congratulate those who are fortunate to have a decent job that allows one to have a normal work day and still rake in the dough. [Razz]

[ December 05, 2012, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most autoworkers get way more than 17 an hour i thought, more like 100 or more??

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLK35th:
I would think it all depends on what you do for that $17/hr, and what the degree/cert requirements would be.
But IMO $17/hr starting without a degree or any experience of any kind...is some damn good pay.

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:

From what I heard a week ago this is pretty much the case. He is making $17/hr but the work hours are out of control IMO. It's all good though, some people choose to skip college and become perfectly content with earning $50k a year by working 80 hours a week. I'll keep doing what I do and make starting $50k for 40/hrs a week and only continue to grow in profit without ever needing to go over 10 hours overtime a week.
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do people slave at there job to the point where they cant even live? I work around 30 hours a week at my day job making around $12 an hour.. I also have a selling business on ebay, have a detailing business, buy,fix up and sell cars on the side AND going to school at the same time. Seems like alot of work but its not. I have a very relaxing schedule but make crap loads of money depending on how hard i want to work that week. Each one of my side businesses bring in more money a month than i make at my day job, maybe exept the detailing business. Thats hit or miss.

People dont take advantage of the internet all that much. Making money is easy.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Most autoworkers get way more than 17 an hour i thought, more like 100 or more??

you have lots to learn yanderstang just becuase a shop charges 100+ plus a hour the autoworker see all that on there pay check
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by SETONKILL:
quote:

you have lots to learn yanderstang just becuase a shop charges 100+ plus a hour the autoworker see all that on there pay check
Talking about Detroit auto workers not shell station mechanics. Tesla is putting together some cutting edge shit over there, you'd think they'd pay more. Their top of the line model runs mid 12s all battery
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SETONKILL:
quote:

Talking about Detroit auto workers not shell station mechanics. Tesla is putting together some cutting edge shit over there, you'd think they'd pay more. Their top of the line model runs mid 12s all battery
again your wrong there making about 15 to 17 to start an top out at 30 to 35 dollars a hour plus benfits

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com