Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Thoughts on Death penalty! ( Class project)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Thoughts on Death penalty! ( Class project)
03mach1
¯
Member # 9866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03mach1  Ford pictures for 03mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted peoples thoughts on the death penalty. I know the prop didnt pass to get rid of it but what do you guys think.
Death penalty cost more and doesnt really do much different they are gonna die anyway.

Lets here what you think

Posts: 96 | From: brentwood, south san francisco | Registered: Mar 2010  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the difference in keeping an average inmate in jail versus average cost to go through death penalty?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

03mach1
¯
Member # 9866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03mach1  Ford pictures for 03mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats a good question. Facts online say it cost about 2 million to have someone sent through the death penalty and about 1 million to be held in jail for up to 50 years.
Posts: 96 | From: brentwood, south san francisco | Registered: Mar 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would work if we didn't cater to the criminals and actually brought justice to them. Instead we allow them to waste tax payers money by filling repeals before they are killed.

I'm sure cockracer46 is gonna tell us all that it's stupid to put people to death. Even though he would probably get a hard on if someone at Fox News was on trial for murder with the possibility of the death penalty LOL.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Death Penalty would only be effective if it was enforced and properly carried out, in a State like CA it's my opinion that it's pretty much a waste.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say get rid of that shit, I'm all for the death penalty but its not working in california. The average inmate costs the state around 50 Grand a year, and death row inmates screw us with all there appeals and we end up paying millions to house them. We don't kill anyone here in Cali anyway so its just a waist in our state

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if there's evidence that proves they did the crime (video footage, DNA at the scene of the crime) take them out back and put a bullet in their head, no BS appeals or anything like that.
If there's none of that but witnesses give them 10 years of appeals, then take the out.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
I think if there's evidence that proves they did the crime (video footage, DNA at the scene of the crime) take them out back and put a bullet in their head, no BS appeals or anything like that.
If there's none of that but witnesses give them 10 years of appeals, then take the out.

x2.

If they did some gruesome stuff why do they get to go humanely. Bullet to the head.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the death penalty really a waste, or just a mean of keeping public defenders, district attorneys and judges job securities. Its all part of the system. How many people u think facing life behind bars would rather die than wait 30 years to face the inevitable?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is exactly why we need the death penalty. I don't care if it costs millions of dollars to execute convicted murderers, it's money well spent.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_22033996/verdict-reached-richmond-double-murder-penalty-phase

quote:
Burris was convicted of two counts of capital murder on Nov. 7. On Tuesday, relatives of Ross and Everette quietly cheered, pumped their fists and thanked God as a court clerk read the penalty verdicts -- a death sentence for each murder. Everette's brothers needled Burris once the jury left the courtroom, prompting the last of Burris' many vulgar trial outbursts.

"Ha-ha, I blew your brother's brains out, and there's nothing you can do about it," Burris shouted at the victims' family members before hurling an expletive at them.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's going to happen with him is, were going to spend millions of dollars on one asshole and he's going to die of old age on death row. Don't you get it man, appeals make California never kill death row inmates. That's how our system works, so obviously the system doesn't work. If we were Texas we would be ok but were not. I hate that guy to but I'm being realistic. California has over 704 people on death row, and best believe all of them are appealing. Look at the hundreds of millions of dollars were spending on these assholes, when was the last time we killed someone? my point exactly.

[ November 21, 2012, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

[ November 21, 2012, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bring back the electric chair [patriot] fuck california's hippies.

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.scpr.org/blogs/news/2012/07/12/6898/could-california-execute-man-november-elections/

Here's an article explaining why we haven't executed anyone since 2006. Once the remainder of those cases works its way through the system, we can start fastracking executions. Many of those 704 inmates have been on death row for several decades. Time to start cleaning house.

[ November 21, 2012, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The death penalty simply does not work: it is more expensive than life in prison and it is unjust as innocent people have been put to death.

Some FOX news watching fools think that prisoners should be quickly killed but that that is just foolish thinking. strongly believe that having a death penalty appeal proses is a good thing as the United States government should never have the ability to easily execute people.

If you are a fan the death penalty, go move to iran or saudi arabia.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

especially if the suspect admits to it and has no remorse, like this scumbag burris...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The death penalty simply does not work: it is more expensive than life in prison and it is unjust as innocent people have been put to death.

Some FOX news watching fools think that prisoners should be quickly killed but that that is just foolish thinking. strongly believe that having a death penalty appeal proses is a good thing as the United States government should never have the ability to easily execute people.

1. I'm a registered Democrat. I do not watch Fox News. Not all people in favor of the death penalty are Republicans. California, an undisputed Democratically controlled state has voted on the death penalty through the proposition system 3 times and all three times passed with an overwhelming majority. The people favor the death penalty.

2. The death penalty does work. Every person put into the death chamber at San Quintin has died. It has a 100% success rate.

3. I'm not saying once convicted, their next stop should be the death chamber. I'm a firm believer in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Everyone deserves their due process. Once that process has run its course, it's time to carry out the sentence. If that takes 10 years or 20, then so be it. The problem with the system is, the process keeps getting extended and diluted with third parties filing suit on behalf of the condemned.

4. Your comment on innocent people being put to death. Yes, it sucks. That is a failing in the trial itself, not the system. Whether a person is sentenced to death or life in prison is somewhat irrelevant. An innocent person is still losing their freedom.

5. The US Government does not have an easy way to execute people. It is a long and cumbersome process to make sure due process has run its course. There are easier ways for the government to kill people, and I'm sure in other countries, our covert operations use those methods. Within the borders of the US, I like to believe our government abides by the rules.

6. As for moving to Iran or Saudi Arabia... Our nation was founded with capital punishment in mind. Do some research. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were in favor of capital punishment. The Crimes Act of 1790 require death for treason and the Coinage Act of 1792 put US Mint employees guilty of embezzlement to death. George Washington even directly ordered the execution of deserters.

[ November 21, 2012, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------

92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In CA, if you are given the death penalty you are guaranteed at least two appeals.

That's where the money is. All the appeals. I strongly believe in the death penalty. You rape a little kid, or a bunch, death penalty. Eye for an Eye.

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

x2.

If they did some gruesome stuff why do they get to go humanely. Bullet to the head.

If they did something gruesome then a bullit in the head wouldn't be enough. They would atleast have to go out the same wat they did to the victim. Just my opinion though

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:

1. I'm a registered Democrat. I do not watch Fox News. Not all people in favor of the death penalty are Republicans. California, an undisputed Democratically controlled state has voted on the death penalty through the proposition system 3 times and all three times passed with an overwhelming majority. The people favor the death penalty.

2. The death penalty does work. Every person put into the death chamber at San Quintin has died. It has a 100% success rate.

3. I'm not saying once convicted, their next stop should be the death chamber. I'm a firm believer in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Everyone deserves their due process. Once that process has run its course, it's time to carry out the sentence. If that takes 10 years or 20, then so be it. The problem with the system is, the process keeps getting extended and diluted with third parties filing suit on behalf of the condemned.

4. Your comment on innocent people being put to death. Yes, it sucks. That is a failing in the trial itself, not the system. Whether a person is sentenced to death or life in prison is somewhat irrelevant. An innocent person is still losing their freedom.

5. The US Government does not have an easy way to execute people. It is a long and cumbersome process to make sure due process has run its course. There are easier ways for the government to kill people, and I'm sure in other countries, our covert operations use those methods. Within the borders of the US, I like to believe our government abides by the rules.

6. As for moving to Iran or Saudi Arabia... Our nation was founded with capital punishment in mind. Do some research. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were in favor of capital punishment. The Crimes Act of 1790 require death for treason and the Coinage Act of 1792 put US Mint employees guilty of embezzlement to death. George Washington even directly ordered the execution of deserters.

[patriot] What you will never hear from the people who want to rid the state of the death penalty is that they are the very same people who make the system costly by filing appeal after appeal, usually on specious grounds. That's analogous to an owner of a car pouring sugar in the gas tank and then wanting to get rid of the car because it runs poorly.
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They should do it like Russia.Once the judge sentences you to death they take you into a back room and shoot you in the head.All for the price of just one bullet.Done and done. [patriot]
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com