Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I think I'm the boldest dude on here (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I think I'm the boldest dude on here
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DevonShelbyGT:
I got $20 on Roy, who got money? i take paypal...

I wont let you down Devon. Lol

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:
Anyone want to race me in a 1 to 7 mile foot race? I'm taking bets. Let go. Lol

That aint shit, lets race to 26.2 [Wink]
Lets go. You pick the race and the date. [Big Grin]
Dec 2nd CIM.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dec 2nd CIM.
PM or post a link so I can take a look at it and sign up.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am no marathoner and I swim like a rock, but I can run a 32:39 10K (road race) and a 15:01.74 5000 meter (on the track). You sound like your just making excuses to get together with good friends and to drink beer [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
I am no marathoner and I swim like a rock, but I can run a 32:39 10K (road race) and a 15:01.74 5000 meter (on the track). You sound like your just making excuses to get together with good friends and to drink beer [Wink] [Big Grin]

I'm 32 years old, I've lost 30+ pounds since may running and cycling. I'm not looking for a beer, I'm looking to smoke some CAFORDS ass. Lol I'm a competitor, I used to run track. I like to win, otherwise I wouldn't have challenged an entire forum. Lol. All the people I used to run with dont want to run anymore. So I'm looking for some more like minded people to that I share another common interest with to race against. And talk trash while doing it. Lol.

Those times you listed above are quite impressive. Very impressive I might add. So impressive that'll I've to see it to believe it. Lol

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is ur half marathon or marathon times if you dont mind answering?
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:

I haven't ran a half marathon. But I'm down to run one

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Still a long time away by every year during superbowl sunday (morning) i run a kiaser half marathon in SF. My best time is 8:01/mile average in a half. That was this earlier this year.
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
quote:
quote:

Still a long time away by every year during superbowl sunday (morning) i run a kiaser half marathon in SF. My best time is 8:01/mile average in a half. That was this earlier this year.
That's awesome, I'm down to run it. PM me or post some info on the race.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I'm 32 years old, I've lost 30+ pounds since may running and cycling. I'm not looking for a beer, I'm looking to smoke some CAFORDS ass. Lol I'm a competitor, I used to run track. I like to win, otherwise I wouldn't have challenged an entire forum. Lol. All the people I used to run with dont want to run anymore. So I'm looking for some more like minded people to that I share another common interest with to race against. And talk trash while doing it. Lol.

Those times you listed above are quite impressive. Very impressive I might add. So impressive that'll I've to see it to believe it. Lol

Lost 30lbs..all I can say is congratulations!That is a lot of body weight and you are no doubt a lot healthier now. Good job [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

quote:
quote:

I used to be a lot faster in college:)..but that is when I was doing 80+ mile weeks with 6 other guys breathing down my neck racing when we were supposed to be practicing (major stress and being very competitive). I actually prefer the 800 and 1500, but as you get older you lose your speed, but gain stamina (and mental toughness). I usually do my long runs with my wife's brother on Sundays..sometimes his college team mates join..we usually do 10-14 mile runs (more in colder weather, but in the middle of summer it is basically nothing over 10 miles.). If it is full blast rain we still go..so basically rain or shine to get the long run in for the week. The rest of the week is 6-8 miles daily (at say 75%) with a hill workout on Friday evening. No trash talking, but we will give you shit if we think you are loafing off and just jogging it [Big Grin] ..

[ October 20, 2012, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
quote:
quote:

I used to be a lot faster in college:)..but that is when I was doing 80+ mile weeks with 6 other guys breathing down my neck racing when we were supposed to be practicing (major stress and being very competitive). I actually prefer the 800 and 1500, but as you get older you lose your speed, but gain stamina (and mental toughness). I usually do my long runs with my wife's brother on Sundays..sometimes his college team mates join..we usually do 10-14 mile runs (more in colder weather, but in the middle of summer it is basically nothing over 10 miles.). If it is full blast rain we still go..so basically rain or shine to get the long run in for the week. The rest of the week is 6-8 miles daily (at say 75%) with a hill workout on Friday evening. No trash talking, but we will give you shit if we think you are loafing off and just jogging it [Big Grin] ..
I was going to say, those sound like college competitive times, but I let you tell me. Sounds like you're in pretty good shape, is this the same Phil with the white 98 cobra? If you're saying is accurate, I'm not there yet, but I'm approaching with full confidence. I do my runs on Sundays too, the rest of the week I'm biking. Where do you normally run?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dec 2nd CIM.
http://www.runcim.org/
They already closed the registration, UNLESS you want to pay like 250 bucks lol

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dec 2nd CIM.

I see, there's an Oakland Marathon in March, not sure when the SF marathon is.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dec 2nd CIM.

I want to do the Bay to Breakers

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

98 GT
¯
Member # 7944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 GT  Ford pictures for 98 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill race you on a 40yd or 100yd lol
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 GT:

Ill do the 40 lol

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
Originally posted by 98 GT:

I can't do that, I'm a old dude. Hamstrings are tight, but I can do a 400 or maybe a 200. Name the spot. Lol

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dec 2nd CIM.

Bay to breakers it is, meet you may.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dec 2nd CIM.

Bay to breakers it is, meet you may.
sik

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was going to say, those sound like college competitive times, but I let you tell me. Sounds like you're in pretty good shape, is this the same Phil with the white 98 cobra? If you're saying is accurate, I'm not there yet, but I'm approaching with full confidence. I do my runs on Sundays too, the rest of the week I'm biking. Where do you normally run?
No I am not that guy:)I am in okay shape; not where I want to be because I can tell my speed is not showing on my track workouts (I think I need to mix it up more by doing shorter intervals like 400s or 600m versus the 800m / 1200m intervals I do now). I usually run through my neighborhood, but sometimes run at Los Gatos (Dammit run course) to get my long Sunday runs in with the side benefits of hill work. Keep at it..you will reach some plateaus and not seem to improve at times and if you just switch the training around you can get past those road blocks.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll arm wrestle you....

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com