Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » time to get my stang TUNED tomorrow at 'AOP' (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: time to get my stang TUNED tomorrow at 'AOP'
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Gotta love the AED hatin LOL

When knock sensors go nuts on a Mach1, guess what.... I stop adding timing and leave the Knock sensors turned ON.
I do conservative tuning ONLY on CA crap 91 octane.
When was the last time you saw a thread 'AED blew my shit up!'?
You want me to push the limits with respect to power? Better get some octane or E85 in the fuel tank.

Besides, a dyno is simply a tool.
Track times are the only #'s that matter IMO.

He's so smart, how does he do it?
I ride the short bus....it gives me retard strength.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

When knock sensors go nuts on a Mach1, guess what.... I stop adding timing and leave the Knock sensors turned ON.
You want me to push the limits with respect to power? Better get some octane or E85 in the fuel tank.

Hey guys, go easy on retards... I'm almost certain that the average retard is smarter than 9 out of 10 CA Ford members.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

wait wait...so you're telling me that it's hard to tune a car that is not running properly?...damn your retard strength

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

how is it hating if im just saying it how it is.. i didnt change anything on the car after i got it "tuned" from you.. nate dynoed the car with your tune as a base number.. then he tuned the car.. it put down 20rwhp over yours.. same day..same dyno.. ive had his tune for over 2 years..plunty on runs..and just finished up a track day at thunder hill...seems plenty safe to me..

[ October 16, 2012, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the best part about this is..both tunes are said and done...i have both saved... so both can be easily tested against eachother..if i can find an evenly matched car with mine.. id love to make a vid..aed vs aop tune.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After you left disappointed that I would not take your tuning advise I realized you were likely to go elsewhere.

I should have added timing and leaned the piss out of it like you wanted to give you that dyno # you were after. Does that mean you would have left with that much timing and the lean A/F? Absolutely not.

Dyno numbers shmimo numbers.

I can guarantee you more HP than your current tune on my dyno. Does that mean you'd leave with more power? Nope....but I can make more dyno power.

In the end I'm glad you're happy with Nate's tune.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
the best part about this is..both tunes are said and done...i have both saved... so both can be easily tested against eachother..if i can find an evenly matched car with mine.. id love to make a vid..aed vs aop tune.

If you want to play that game, bring it back and I will retune for free. The past 2 years I've made leaps and bounds in proper 'Ford Style' calibration.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok ok ok this shit needs to stop.Ths is Nate from AOP.Shaun and I are firends,hes helped me many of times and in know way am i hating on him or aed,lots of people use him and are happy,same is said for us.
As far as the mach 1 is concerned,I have played with plenty and learned the knocks just flat dont work,they go crazy at 16 degrees or 25 degrees.Its false knock and it happens the second you goto wot.Now that being said i dont put a ton of timing in them on 91 but i know the limit and its far past what the knock pulls out,so insted of ust adding 8 degrees to the base to compensate for the crazy knocks i turn them off and build the timing table accordingly.The knocks are not saving anything on the 4vs imo because they just dont work in the first place.does this make me right and shaun wrong and vise versa no just different schools of thought.
So lets please not bash either of us.

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Thank you Nate.

The general Ford knock stratefy is to hone in on the frequency of piston slap. It's not an exact science on the older cars, and as they age and wear (also driving style) cold engine piston slap can roll the skirts effectively inducing piston slap at all engine speeds which the Knicks pick up, even though it may be 'false', it's the exact same frequency the sensors are designed to pick up.

Nate is correct. Mach1 sensors and programming were not the greatest (overly sensitive), and as they age (now 10 years old) the problem has not gone away.

2 schools of thought on how to deal with the issue.

Neither Nate nor I like shop vs shop competition. We both understand this is how we put ford on our families table. You will not find Nate or I discrediting each others hard work.

[ October 16, 2012, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The bottom line is if you want to be a dyno queen then go ahead and be one, but it is only a tool to get you headed in the right direction. There are way to many variables, and some fine tuning will need to be done at the track/street based off current conditions to achieve maximum ET.I dont know about you, but ET matters not Dyno numbers.

[ October 16, 2012, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Camara90 ]

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I go to aed and think they are a great shop but i also have a few buddies tuned by nate and they love his work and tunes also. both are great shops.
last time i was up @ AED shaun had nothing bad to say bout nate, he mentioned they were friends also and said its a good shop also.

hey isnt this what we want, good tuners that arent bickering back and forth and actually get along [patriot]
props to nate and shaun for being professional

[ October 16, 2012, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:

If you want to play that game, bring it back and I will retune for free. The past 2 years I've made leaps and bounds in proper 'Ford Style' calibration.
no thanks..nate did everything i asked and im happy with how the car runs now.. it does suck to pay for something twice. i hope people dont think im talking smack..any time anyone says something against jesus (aed) shit gets crazy on here.. all i was stating is my experience with both shops..

[ October 16, 2012, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^Love how you claim that you aren't talking shit yet you go right ahead with some immature comment about AED being "Jesus" lol. Good job spreading your butt hurt BS all over this thread that had nothing to do with AED in the first place.

Still curious about the drivability of the AOP tune, not many people advertise their experience from over there so it's nice to hear another shop is stepping up in the area.

[ October 16, 2012, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Y2K 281 ]

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres a tgread about a cobra i just tuned.big cams and what not.he said the car has never driven as good as it does now with up north tunes and down south tunes.
I pride myself in drivabilty because imo its more important then wot.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

notch306
¯
Member # 12061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notch306  Ford pictures for notch306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I jus got mines tuned by Nate yesterday and it runs cherry now. And he also fixed some electrical problems

--------------------
86 notch

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com