Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone have a newer deck in their car thats pandora ready? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone have a newer deck in their car thats pandora ready?
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was a huge pandora fan even bought a subscription then the app stopped working on my phone 3G/4G it only works when Im at home from mt wifi then my brother turned me on to SLACKER radio that app takes pandora and wipes its ass with it
pandora.... MAX 5 skips
Slacker.... unlimited skips and will play any song you want first and then will play same like songs

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pandora is not the greatest thing but its free! today I had only two commercials in almost 2 hrs of listen time. I was just hoping to find a deck that didnt have to use my phone so Im not constantely wasting battery life.

Pandora does come in handy on road trips when you are starting to zone out you can flip on the modern comedy station and it will wake you up some.

I would just go flip an XM setup but I cant see paying for the subscription and paying everytime I switch it into another car. I think the switch over fee is like $75 per transaction.

you cant win every battle so In the end I will be cool with just losing some battery life since the trade off is no more cords.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the following in my GN. It's a pretty neat stereo...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-pb26RvvmOWv/p_333ASTROID/Parrot-ASTEROID.html

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
I have the following in my GN. It's a pretty neat stereo...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-pb26RvvmOWv/p_333ASTROID/Parrot-ASTEROID.html

I like that.
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
Pandora is not the greatest thing but its free! today I had only two commercials in almost 2 hrs of listen time. I was just hoping to find a deck that didnt have to use my phone so Im not constantely wasting battery life.

Pandora does come in handy on road trips when you are starting to zone out you can flip on the modern comedy station and it will wake you up some.

I would just go flip an XM setup but I cant see paying for the subscription and paying everytime I switch it into another car. I think the switch over fee is like $75 per transaction.

you cant win every battle so In the end I will be cool with just losing some battery life since the trade off is no more cords.

My deck is pandora compatable and I don't get any commercials when it's plugged in. I don't mind my phone being plugged in bc it charges as I play music. It would be so much better if you could skip as many songs as you like.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Pandora used for nickelback FTL

HAHAHA an unlimited amount of music available to anybody and someone wants to rock out to Nickelback. I'd rather be kicked in the nuts. [Embarrassed]

[ September 28, 2012, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Cobra 93-4992 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:

HAHAHA an unlimited amount of music available to anybody and someone wants to rock out to Nickelback. I'd rather be kicked in the nuts. [Embarrassed]
That can be arranged at the next CaFords get together! [Big Grin]
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:

That can be arranged at the next CaFords get together! [Big Grin]
LOL [worship]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice deck I have the same one [patriot]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
I phone with aux chord ....

Yup same here going to prolly get rid of the deck all together and just use phone as a head unit as I can also stream radio

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
I phone with aux chord ....

Yup same here going to prolly get rid of the deck all together and just use phone as a head unit as I can also stream radio
Your phone probably only has a line out voltage of .5v, where as an aftermarket radio will start at around 2v, and higher end models having 5v's. If you had a 4ch. amp gain set half way, you would need to turn in up to almost max, to get the signal high enough to reproduce the same amount of signal you had when you had an aftermarket radio. The higher gain, the more distortion you will have at higher audio levels. With a 4ch, more gain, results in more noise on the line. But who cares about SQ these days, when running 2 15's, and stock paper speakers well get you lookin sick!
Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 60 dollar jvc deck from frys that came with front and rear aux inputs usb connectivity with the pandora link. I also bought this clarion blt370 Bluetooth adapter which allows me to make calls through my stereo and stream any audio from my phone without wires. I have infinity 6.5" 75watt door speakers and 130 watt Orion cobalt series 6x9s on a alpine 300x4 amp. And 2 12" phoenix gold XMax 800 watt wooffers on a crunch 1100 watt amp along with a 2.5 farad cap and couldn't be happier!

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com