Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » my friends new mustang. opinions? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: my friends new mustang. opinions?
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Lol @ the girls reaction like wtf... Did this dude just buy hahaha...palm to the face.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

5LiterPeter
¯
Member # 10914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterPeter  Ford pictures for 5LiterPeter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice spaceship [patriot]
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87MclarenMustang:
His other mustang is a 97 v6 so this is plenty of power for him... He's not into the speed, and he likes this look. Are you guys saying that the gt500 from gone in 60 seconds looks hideous? Cause that's what this kit was based off of...

DIDNT SMOOTH THE FIBERGLASS TO THE CAR CONNECTION..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that kit is fugly. but thats just my opinion which happens to be common w/ mostly everyone here. [Razz]

really all that matters is that hes happy w/ his ride..who cares what anyone thinks but if you do post pics on a discussion forum dont be surprised if you get opinions that may hurt feelings. otherwise, dont post at all.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

PonyGT916
¯
Member # 12234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyGT916  Ford pictures for PonyGT916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
14K could have made it faster !! 14K on body is CRAZY!!!! I rather Go MOTOR before i get any kinda body kit !!
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that kit looks alot better on the 05-09 s197's. I saw one on the freeway with the kit and it looked awesome
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Besides the fact that the '12 is obviously bigger and its not the same color the styling cues were taken from the movie car when they designed the kit...
 -
It ain't hurting my feelings. I think its bad ass and over 400 horses is plenty of power! [patriot]

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

This car SHITS all over your buddies car, plus his looks nothing like it, not even close.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
 -

This car SHITS all over your buddies car, plus his looks nothing like it, not even close.

And just like 68dustin said the molding/kit needs to be molded smooth to the car. If he really paid 14k for that kit for them to just paint it and slap it on he got robbed .... period

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not getting.....$14k on looks alone???? Let us know when he starts dipping $$$$$$$$ on performance.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
 -

ya this car shits all over the clone [worship]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
His other mustang is a 97 v6 so this is plenty of power for him... He's not into the speed, and he likes this look. Are you guys saying that the gt500 from gone in 60 seconds looks hideous? Cause that's what this kit was based off of...

This car looks NOTHING LIKE the one in the movie, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's like taking Roseanne Barr and throwing a thong on her and saying she looks like Jessica Beil
Theres a resemblance hahahaha

--------------------
-American Revolution-

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I spent 14k and all i got was this shitty body kit.

Where's the truforged rims? Even shelby rims?

No blower?

A fucking AUTO?

should have bought an LS1 breh

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
I spent 14k and all i got was this shitty body kit.

Where's the truforged rims? Even shelby rims?

No blower?

A fucking AUTO?

should have bought an LS1 breh

^ this ^
Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The body kit was not molded to the body... It looks to be glued on... Double sided tape style.

The color looks nice...I can't see the orange peel in the pix though.

Those hoods can be a bitch to fit to the body... But all the rest is just basic bolt-ons. Like painting a bumper and installing it. Which would be around 600-900. the bug catchers are like painting mirrors. couple hundred each. Color match/polish. Probably About a week of work. 5k Plus the cost of the parts.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hatch:
More pics of the chick

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It took Galpin Auto Sports almost 3 months to complete the project. The kit was around $4k, it has show quality paint with the gt350 Paint scheme, and has many layers of clear coat. This thing is smooth as glass! Im not saying it isn't expensive but you get what you pay for.

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

you'd have have to take some digital pix to see the quality of the paint work...well, i guess it would be close to 14k then...shit adds up. Paint and materials....blocking and re-clearing. Time is money.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
It took Galpin Auto Sports almost 3 months to complete the project. The kit was around $4k, it has show quality paint with the gt350 Paint scheme, and has many layers of clear coat. This thing is smooth as glass! Im not saying it isn't expensive but you get what you pay for.

sorry, but it is what it is.... you cant make it sound any better... if the owner is happy with it then dont worry what other people think....

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
 -

Lol @ the girls reaction like wtf... Did this dude just buy hahaha...palm to the face.

[Big Grin]

dat shit is a transformer!

--------------------

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

I think its bad ass! Hes taking the 5.0 badges off and waiting till he needs new tires to switch rims.

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much he want for the badges lol?

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks to be a little much for me but I can always appreciate the work that went into something like this.

[ September 10, 2012, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
WAR189
¯
Member # 11072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WAR189  Ford pictures for WAR189    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I think its bad ass! Hes taking the 5.0 badges off and waiting till he needs new tires to switch rims.

Does he live in Brentwood too?

--------------------
CAfurds
91' GT

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Waaay too much plastic on there! IMO just about all the 2005 & up Cervinis body kits are too much. I like the sleeker, simpler look.

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com