Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone mount flags in the bed of their trucks? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone mount flags in the bed of their trucks?
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
WHITE POWDER

That stuff is bad for you.
Ha ha Lmao !
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Georgia state flag

http://www.50states.com/flag/gaflag_old.htm#.UEmGmaN5mSM

Didnt they show the Confederate Flag in the beginning of the ATL movie with T.I.?

They also show people selling drugs... Does that make it right because it's in a movie??? Ask any black person what they think of that flag... If I'm not mistaken the KKK is also known for riding with that flag at times...

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:
Georgia state flag

Didnt they show the Confederate Flag in the beginning of the ATL movie with T.I.?

They also show people selling drugs... Does that make it right because it's in a movie??? Ask any black person what they think of that flag... If I'm not mistaken the KKK is also known for riding with that flag at times...
Just because you and a lot of other people are ignorant about the Confederate Flag and "think" you know what you're talking about, doesn't mean you're right. Let me Google this for you....

Read this very carefully, you may have to read it twice.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rebel%20flag

quote:
The Rebel flag is the flag that was used by the Confederate States of America, as you should probably know. Many find it racist becuase the Confederates were for slavery but it is NOT racist. Confederates freed slaves that enlisted in their army and didnt force them. Most black Confederates were proud to fight for them. Confederates freed their slaves 5 years before the union did. Also there was slavery under the U.S. flag a lot longer than under the Rebel flag. The U.S. flag was hanging on the ships that shipped slaves and not the Rebel flag. And by the way... the civil war wasnt only fought over slavery, there were more issues and differences.
quote:
No, the Confederate flag does not represent and never has represented racism. It is a symbol of southern heritage, representing freedom, states rights, individual responsibility, and resistance to an out of control federal government.
It may be true that some racists have used the Confederate flag, but racists also wave the American flag. Consider this: No slave ship ever sailed from a Confederate port or under a Confederate flag. On the contrary, virtually every American slave ship was from either New York or one of the New England states and they all sailed under the United States Flag. Also, at the time of the American Civil War, slavery had been practiced in every state and colony in America and was still being practiced in several northern states, under the Stars and Stripes, even during the War Between the States.
Ulysses S. Grant, commanding general of the United States Army during the Civil War was a slave holder. Robert E. Lee, commander of the Confederate Army, was against slavery. The Confederate constitution outlawed the slave trade and Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America, proposed a plan to end slavery altogether. There were more free blacks, and also more abolitionists, in the South than in the North. Also, tens of thousands of black soldiers fought for the Confederate States of America in a war which they considered a second American revolution, "War for Southern Independence."
Unfortunately racist groups have used the Confederate flag in recent years, but those same groups, especially the Ku Klux Klan, have historically used the American flag for a much longer period of time.
The truth is, neither the American Flag nor the Confederate Flag is racist. If people who are racists fly either flag, that does not mean the flag itself represents racism.

Stop being so ignorant and LEARN YOUR HISTORY [patriot]

[ September 07, 2012, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Georgia state flag

Just because you and a lot of other people are ignorant about the Confederate Flag and "think" you know what you're talking about, doesn't mean you're right. Let me Google this for you....

quote:
The Rebel flag is the flag that was used by the Confederate States of America, as you should probably know. Many find it racist becuase the Confederates were for slavery but it is NOT racist. Confederates freed slaves that enlisted in their army and didnt force them. Most black Confederates were proud to fight for them. Confederates freed their slaves 5 years before the union did. Also there was slavery under the U.S. flag a lot longer than under the Rebel flag. The U.S. flag was hanging on the ships that shipped slaves and not the Rebel flag. And by the way... the civil war wasnt only fought over slavery, there were more issues and differences.
quote:
No, the Confederate flag does not represent and never has represented racism. It is a symbol of southern heritage, representing freedom, states rights, individual responsibility, and resistance to an out of control federal government.
It may be true that some racists have used the Confederate flag, but racists also wave the American flag. Consider this: No slave ship ever sailed from a Confederate port or under a Confederate flag. On the contrary, virtually every American slave ship was from either New York or one of the New England states and they all sailed under the United States Flag. Also, at the time of the American Civil War, slavery had been practiced in every state and colony in America and was still being practiced in several northern states, under the Stars and Stripes, even during the War Between the States.
Ulysses S. Grant, commanding general of the United States Army during the Civil War was a slave holder. Robert E. Lee, commander of the Confederate Army, was against slavery. The Confederate constitution outlawed the slave trade and Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America, proposed a plan to end slavery altogether. There were more free blacks, and also more abolitionists, in the South than in the North. Also, tens of thousands of black soldiers fought for the Confederate States of America in a war which they considered a second American revolution, "War for Southern Independence."
Unfortunately racist groups have used the Confederate flag in recent years, but those same groups, especially the Ku Klux Klan, have historically used the American flag for a much longer period of time.
The truth is, neither the American Flag nor the Confederate Flag is racist. If people who are racists fly either flag, that does not mean the flag itself represents racism.

I'm not basing my response on the technicalities of histories. I'm basing it on real life stuff buddy. How about this, you go grab a confederate flag and drive to the nearest "Black Hood" near you and let me know how it goes....

The same can be said about a lot of things in history. Many think the Swastika represents Nazis when it was actually a symbol that was used by many cultures around the world, including in China, Japan, India, and southern Europe. So should I go run around with a Nazi flag????? [Confused]

I don't need to google American history I already know it. Seems like YOU are the one who needs to learn it...

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Georgia state flag

quote:
quote:

I'm not basing my response on the technicalities of histories. I'm basing it on real life stuff buddy. How about this, you go grab a confederate flag and drive to the nearest "Black Hood" near you and let me know how it goes....

The same can be said about a lot of things in history. Many think the Swastika represents Nazis when it was actually a symbol that was used by many cultures around the world, including in China, Japan, India, and southern Europe. So should I go run around with a Nazi flag????? [Confused]

I don't need to google American history I already know it. Seems like YOU are the one who needs to learn it...

Go fly a Nazi flag if you want, doesn't bother me one bit. I'll go fly a Confederate flag in the nearest black neighbor hood, I doubt they'd do anything considering I'm black....

Edit-BTW you see Confederate flags all over the South, I never see people ripping them down or burning them. Maybe you're the only person who has a problem with it?

[ September 07, 2012, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Georgia state flag

quote:
quote:

Go fly a Nazi flag if you want, doesn't bother me one bit. I'll go fly a Confederate flag in the nearest black neighbor hood, I doubt they'd do anything considering I'm black....

Edit-BTW you see Confederate flags all over the South, I never see people ripping them down or burning them. Maybe you're the only person who has a problem with it?

Well maybe i'm not from the South, maybe I'm from Northern California... This site is a local forum buddy... Thought a smart fella' like yourself would have figured that out by now... I have never once seen a Confederate flag flying in the bay area... I guess black people in the bay area are different than you Southern folks... I did see one in Brentwood before but that is the middle of nowhere lol...

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CaliGT sounds like your speaking on something you know nothing about, since your from northern California.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

I grew up in Northern California in a small town called Healdsburg and if you haven't figured it out I've been on this site longer than you.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
I grew up in Northern California in a small town called Healdsburg and if you haven't figured it out I've been on this site longer than you.

You grew up in the middle of nowhere. No wonder why it's cool to fly a confederate flag in your mind. No where in the Bay Area is that accepted or otherwise cool to do.

Now it's all making sense to me...

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
quote:

You grew up in the middle of nowhere. No wonder why it's cool to fly a confederate flag in your mind. No where in the Bay Area is that accepted or otherwise cool to do.

Now it's all making sense to me...

What's wrong with living in a trailer??? It was a triple wide...

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell yah! healdsburg! isnt that where acapuolco (SP) hole is at?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

I haven't been there in almost two years but Agave, El Farlito (sp?) El Sombrero, and Taco Grande are there.'

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the confederate flag the only tattoo that if you have it you can't get into the military. but yeah i guess there's nothing wrong with it [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the confederate flag the only tattoo that if you have it you can't get into the military. but yeah i guess there's nothing wrong with it [Roll Eyes]

http://www.atlantictattooremoval.com/military_tattoo_policies.html
quote:
(a) Extremist tattoos or brands are those affiliated with, depicting, or symbolizing extremist philosophies, organizations, or activities. Extremist philosophies, organizations, and activities are those which advocate racial, gender or ethnic hatred or intolerance; advocate, create, or engage in illegal discrimination based on race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, or national origin; or advocate violence or other unlawful means of depriving individual rights under the U.S. Constitution, Federal, or State law (see para 4–12, AR 600–20).
It looks like you can have one considering the Confederate flag doesn't fall under the racist category.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I haven't been there in almost two years but Agave, El Farlito (sp?) El Sombrero, and Taco Grande are there.'
i had a good friend from there, last name demattei..u know him?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
quote:
quote:

i had a good friend from there, last name demattei..u know him?
Not that I recall, how old is he? Did he go to Healdsburg High?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

in his early 40's if i recall...good dude, and brought us out there to acapulco hole, loved it there..nice chill spot...dunno if he went to HH

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do a little more research and you can't, you would have to get it covered up first, so that should tell you something. [patriot]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
in his early 40's if i recall...good dude, and brought us out there to acapulco hole, loved it there..nice chill spot...dunno if he went to HH

He's a little older than me lol I don't believe I know him. Nice little town though, I do miss it sometimes.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
do a little more research and you can't, you would have to get it covered up first, so that should tell you something. [patriot]

It don't bother me, I don't have a Confederate tattoo or want to join the military [patriot]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Umm no.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Done deal guys

-

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com