Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » blue nose pit (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: blue nose pit
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got a blue nose pit 6 Weeks old. It's my first pit. I've had other dogs before but with this one being really young I want to train it to be obedient.

Any tips on raising/training this dog?

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My pops, and I have worked some mircales with pits. Many people think they are dumb and are not trainable. My pit would listen better than some german sherpards. he sit, laydown, walk standing up, jump and speak all on command. Our method for training is simple, posiyive encouragement...
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will for sure try positive encouragement with him. Good advice.

Any and all input is appreciated!

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also make sure that he respects you as an authoritative figure, not by striking or hitting but by being firm when the dog is bad and by speaking with a tone of firmness. You want him to respect you, but not fear you.
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
watch as much as "the dog whisperer" tv show as possible.
Give him lots of exercise and be consistent with your training. Pits are really smart, that's why a lot of them don't listen, because they know they can get away with it.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
watch as much as "the dog whisperer" tv show as possible.
Give him lots of exercise and be consistent with your training. Pits are really smart, that's why a lot of them don't listen, because they know they can get away with it.

Couldnt agree more.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
My pops, and I have worked some mircales with pits. Many people think they are dumb and are not trainable. My pit would listen better than some german sherpards. he sit, laydown, walk standing up, jump and speak all on command. Our method for training is simple, posiyive encouragement...

this German sherpards have are more aggresive temperment by nature, i've only had Rotts n Pitts when i was younger n now had a German S, but gave it away since it never listen to me
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1000000 POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT! LOTS OF exercise (spring pole, flirt pole, running swimming...) my dog loves all of these... They are extremely loyal dog's. And really smart.... Wouldn't own another breed of dog

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh and after he has had all of his shots take him everywhere and expose to everything (different people, other dogs, strange sounds, other animals) if you don't he may be afraid or become aggressive towards these things when he gets older if you don't...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
Oh and after he has had all of his shots take him everywhere and expose to everything (different people, other dogs, strange sounds, other animals) if you don't he may be afraid or become aggressive towards these things when he gets older if you don't...

i AGREE, and also get him used to being around children. My red nose, was raised around my kids ( house dog ) and he knew better than to be aggressive towards my kids, even in the least bit. Hell, when my daughter was 2 she used to yank on my pits balls and he would do nothing but get up and try to go away. LOL, he was a good dog

[ August 13, 2012, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Yea he still a little puppy 6 Weeks. He's going for every bodies feet and hands tho. I'm also trying to potty train himwe'll see how long it takes I don't plan on giving up on this stubborn pooch.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My pit is a awesome dog I remember the first few weeks he already knew how to sit on demand. One time I was getting a haircut in San Jose N I was outside chillen with my dog N he kept running around(didn't have a leesh at the time) N a guy asked if his boy can pet him N I told him yeah N said "sit" N he sat down quick. Guy was amazed on how he listened kuz he was like 3 months at most at the time. Now my dog knows: sit, lay down, roll over, army crawl, N we can also walk him without a leesh no problem it's just that people trip so we have to use one. He gets along with any dog of any size it's just that dogs don't usually like him???? Oh N when my lil mini pinscher tries leaving the front gate my pit stops him from attempting it so the other just quits N turns back lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Your dog sounds coo neight. I've seen pits being walked without leashes too I guess I see y people don't like that.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Yea he still a little puppy 6 Weeks. He's going for every bodies feet and hands tho. I'm also trying to potty train himwe'll see how long it takes I don't plan on giving up on this stubborn pooch.

Crate train him! My Mercedes was potty trained by 9weeks old's..

--------------------

Thugnificent

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A few piks of the spoiled ass dog

-

-

-

-

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Hilltim im actually create training him as we speak.

Neight your dog looks almost exactly like mine.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Make shure u take it everywhere possible as a puppy, straight chick magnet.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

+1000000!!!

--------------------

Thugnificent

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

+1000000!!!
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

kerry's 50
¯
Member # 9266

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerry's 50  Ford pictures for kerry's 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I breed pits and I always tell everyone to go to gopitbull.com its a great forum. Also pitbull for dummys is a great and easy ready. Lots of structure and stimulation equals a well balanced dog. Always work on being calm and getting your dog to be calm. Ceasar Milan is my idol(dog whisperer). Hulu.com and watch dog whisperer as much as you can. The way he breaks down the psycology of dogs is amazing. If you ever have anymore questions let me know. I have great techniques for potty training. I usually have my pups 90% potty trained by 8wks. They will have accidents though. Remember a tired dog is a happy dog. Make sure you have all your pups shots before you start taking him/her out. I have 6 dogs that are indoor dogs and roam free in my house. 5 pits and 1 Chihuahua. They never tear up my house and They all get along great and i consider myself to be a good pack leader. Remember a dog is going to do what it thinks it can do. If they don't know that its bad they will probably keep doing it. Good luck with your pup.

--------------------
R.I.P 96 GT
1994 Gt sold
1989 Notch sold
1989 Notch sold
1994 GT/Cobra clone in progress-sold
1988 ssp 306 h/c/i soon to be charged

kerry's 50
¯
Member # 9266

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerry's 50  Ford pictures for kerry's 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please remember to not take the pup anywhere until he has all his shots. When I have a litter on the ground I don't let any of my dogs out of my yard until the pups get their last round of shots or they have all gone to there new homes. I don't want to drag any parvo or any other disease into the house. If you do take them places try not to put them on the ground where there's a lot of other dog traffic around. The cheapest shots around is a Mobil clinic called VIP. Call 1800happypet and find out where the nearest one to you is. I usually give my own shots that I get from the feed store. All but the rabies. You can call me if you have any questions or concerns. 510-461-6593 Kerry.

--------------------
R.I.P 96 GT
1994 Gt sold
1989 Notch sold
1989 Notch sold
1994 GT/Cobra clone in progress-sold
1988 ssp 306 h/c/i soon to be charged

87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87_Hatch  Ford pictures for 87_Hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also know your breed!! I say this because the pitbull haters will ask a lot of questions and nothing presents a powerful breed better than an accertive owner who know his dog/ breed characteristics. Also dont get upset when other people wont let your dog around theirs because it will happen.

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

Posts: 316 | From: redwood city, CA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Socialize your dog....Most important thing for a Pit... .02

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Coo coo all this advice it's helpful.
I got an appointment at the vet this weekend $215 for a puppy package (shots, deworm, follow up etc)

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 2 Pitts of my own and one thing I hate to see is Pitt owners who have no control of there dogs so make sure that the dog knows that your the pack leader like stated before.Pitts are good ass dogs jus misunderstood.

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com