Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Some bullshit fuck state ref (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Some bullshit fuck state ref
SSF04SVT
¯
Member # 9394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF04SVT  Ford pictures for SSF04SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were you the one that got pulled over at rwc innout?
norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalstangman  Ford pictures for norcalstangman  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aftermarket boost gauges became illegal for smog in 2010 I think but the refs are the only ones that inforce it
Posts: 444 | From: san mateo, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
PureBredS197
¯
Member # 12034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PureBredS197  Ford pictures for PureBredS197    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya that was me

--------------------
S197
2005 Mustang GT
JLT INTAKE
SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST
X-PIPE
PACESETTER LT HEADERS
BRENSPEED TUNE

349 RWHP 363 RWTQ

STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just had a customer with a Whippled 06 GT get sent to ref.
He had 3 gauges, in which one was an air/fuel.
They told him it has to be removed because it's "tampering" with the exhaust due to it being a bung in the exhaust pipe.
Also failed becuase the bassani mufflers had too high of a db.
We swapped mufflers to stock oem and removed the gauge....along with new factory h-pipe(which was a fortune to buy lol)
Passed ref and everything is ok. It took 2 tries though.

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
They told him it has to be removed because it's "tampering" with the exhaust due to it being a bung in the exhaust pipe.
We swapped mufflers to stock oem and removed the gauge....along with new factory h-pipe(which was a fortune to buy lol)

See,this is what im talking about.A bung in the exhaust pipe has ZERO effect on emissions.Hotrodders need to organize and fight this shit.It shouldnt matter whats on your car,only the emissions and evap should be checked,the visual is just complete bullshit.No wonder theyre called smog nazis.
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:

See,this is what im talking about.A bung in the exhaust pipe has ZERO effect on emissions.Hotrodders need to organize and fight this shit.It shouldnt matter whats on your car,only the emissions and evap should be checked,the visual is just complete bullshit.No wonder theyre called smog nazis.
I agree, I am down, any ideas on how to?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good question.I guess someone would have to write a congressman and go from there.Im really unclear on how the new law/bill process goes.But i really wish someone would write something up about this issue.Anyone know how to do it?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ham n'Eggs:
Can't wait for the "Do gooders" to say that "The law is the law". And "If you want that law changed, do something about it". Can't change a money scamming cash cow.

I believe laws are laws, but the smog laws are STUPID! The point of a smog is to make sure the car is running clean, and so if it passes the tail pipe, it should be good. Thats how they smog cars in Reno! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

So i wrote a letter to SEMA.Lets see what they have to say about this.It seems to me that if enough people feel the same way we do then something should be able to be done right?
[patriot]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

PureBredS197
¯
Member # 12034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PureBredS197  Ford pictures for PureBredS197    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good shit!

--------------------
S197
2005 Mustang GT
JLT INTAKE
SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST
X-PIPE
PACESETTER LT HEADERS
BRENSPEED TUNE

349 RWHP 363 RWTQ

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If opportunity presents itself I will gladly sign a petition.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
PureBredS197
¯
Member # 12034

I'm down to start a petition

--------------------
S197
2005 Mustang GT
JLT INTAKE
SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST
X-PIPE
PACESETTER LT HEADERS
BRENSPEED TUNE

349 RWHP 363 RWTQ

06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to politics, but I'm pretty book smart. I would like to get involved in getting something started. PM me if you guys want to get something going and want some help.

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Told you Joe was a dick... Also I don't mean to be a downer but I really don't see California smog laws changing for the good of hot rodding anytime soon... But I'm down to help in anyway, shape or form...

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

PureBredS197
¯
Member # 12034

Joe doesn't work there the guy there now is hella chill

--------------------
S197
2005 Mustang GT
JLT INTAKE
SLP LOUDMOUTH EXHAUST
X-PIPE
PACESETTER LT HEADERS
BRENSPEED TUNE

349 RWHP 363 RWTQ

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah ok, but yeah he was a dick. He saw under the hood of a students car once and gave him a bunch of shit about "polluting his air" [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com