Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I'm going big folks mod motor time!!!!!! big cubic inches a MUST (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm going big folks mod motor time!!!!!! big cubic inches a MUST
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TuxMask-Andy:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by TMA Turbo Donald:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
That my freinds is a 300+hp 30mpg v6 I believe from a newr mustang..badass if am right lol.. [patriot]

imagine the MPG that I could potentially get in a fox body with this combo!!..
Buy a Prius, that is the worst reason ever to spend what you're spending on that conversion. I don't care if it's free, it's a lame reason to do it. Just saying
I see your point. If you wanna go fast then get a fast car. If you want a fuel efficient car then get a prius/civic. And your right, it is lame to do all this work for the sole purpose of just getting 30 mpg.

But I see nothing wrong in attempting to get a balanced car and the best of both worlds. Something that can get 305 hp stock and 30+ mpg at least.

My bro (tma turbo donald) and I got the engine/tranny/ecu harness for $2200 so far. These engines are dirt cheap from online wrecking yards. I'll have to custom fab a few things to make it work and trace all the wires.

We're thinking of going with a aje tubular k member, a arm, coil over setup.

Don't listen to him. It's a cool idea. I want to do the same swap but in my 77. You are talking 40-41mpg in a 77. That could run 12.0's all day long, in bone stock trim. [worship]

EDit: quoted the wrong guy.. O-well shit happens.

[ July 10, 2012, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure how much those go for now or what mods they like but those v6s are impressive with good reliable factory 300hp

Only 90hp less than a stock termi LOL

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJCVQuyWVw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They sound good to me..

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Outta the box thinkn......i have met your brother too; very intelligent people. Great ideas!!! Great project! Just like i say....go your own path. Deviate from the "normal" ;its loved but sometimes Js overdone!!!! Its excellent to see fresh perspectives on "go fast" toys..........why not do it and tip the scale in the other direction? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TMA Turbo Donald  Ford pictures for TMA Turbo Donald    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by TMA Turbo Donald:
quote:
That my freinds is a 300+hp 30mpg v6 I believe from a newr mustang..badass if am right lol.. [patriot]

imagine the MPG that I could potentially get in a fox body with this combo!!..
Buy a Prius, that is the worst reason ever to spend what you're spending on that conversion. I don't care if it's free, it's a lame reason to do it. Just saying
I see your point. If you wanna go fast then get a fast car. If you want a fuel efficient car then get a prius/civic. And your right, it is lame to do all this work for the sole purpose of just getting 30 mpg.

But I see nothing wrong in attempting to get a balanced car and the best of both worlds. Something that can get 305 hp stock and 30+ mpg at least.

My bro (tma turbo donald) and I got the engine/tranny/ecu harness for $2200 so far. These engines are dirt cheap from online wrecking yards. I'll have to custom fab a few things to make it work and trace all the wires.

We're thinking of going with a aje tubular k member, a arm, coil over setup.

Don't listen to him. It's a cool idea. I want to do the same swap but in my 77. You are talking 40-41mpg in a 77. That could run 12.0's all day long, in bone stock trim. [worship]

EDit: quoted the wrong guy.. O-well shit happens.

Thanks warhorse58gt. I'll make sure to post pics of the progress!!
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please do! [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hows it passing smog? I'd do it to a 4 eye when they had v6s Otherwise it'll be nothing more than a glOrified garage ornament.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Hows it passing smog? I'd do it to a 4 eye when they had v6s Otherwise it'll be nothing more than a glOrified garage ornament.

Could be done quite easily.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck with the build, they hating because your future v6 foxbody will be faster then their pushrod 5.0
Keep us updated on the build, it should be interesting [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

Outlaw_Stangz
¯
Member # 3926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outlaw_Stangz  Ford pictures for Outlaw_Stangz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dope project, don't see why dudes gotta h8.....
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They sound good to me..

Agreed !!! [patriot]

I think that it's a sick idea, and a very logical one because of gas prices !!!
Good luck with the build TMA it's gonna be a sleeper for sure ! !!!

[ July 10, 2012, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Love it. Nice way to have high mpg and still embarrass alot of mustangs
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice build, definitely unique. Are you putting the engine in from the top or bottom?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
Good to see something different but v6 is the worst sounding motor ever lol

Idk. Porshe's, supra's, gtr, etc, or any high performance six cylinder all sound good to me but to each their own.

Stock 5.0 engine back in? 225 hp v8 and high millage engine just doesn't appeal to me. But maybe does for some people

Those r straight 6 or opposing motors not v6

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

to be BAR ref stickered it will pass with all the requirements of a 2011 v6 mustang, so long as the swap is done the right way, it won't be a problem at all to get it stickered.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They sound good to me..

But this sounds wayyyyyy better. Either way good luck with the swap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayemxBdI0bc

[ July 10, 2012, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: ZincYellow 281 ]

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ July 11, 2012, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck Donald.....we are preparing to do a 3V mod motor into a 88 Saleen.
We have the motor, trans, complete harness....should be fun.

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How strong is that Factory Shortblock? If it's stronger than the factory V8 Shortblock , then I dont see a problem with this decision. Also I never heard from your brother about a Hotside.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd rather see a Ford v6 swap over a gay LSx swap. Good luck with the project.

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Fcknvenom
¯
Member # 9631

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fcknvenom  Ford pictures for Fcknvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
I'd rather see a Ford v6 swap over a gay LSx swap. Good luck with the project.

I concur!

--------------------
R.I.P WILLIE GUZMAN(5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting project. Can't wait to see it done. The 2011 & up V6 is dope. 305HP/280TQ & 30MPG! Should be even sicker in a light ass Fox. Let's see them pics soon!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A+ on thinking outside of the box but C for considering a balance of semi decent performance w/ economy.

do you plan on commuting with this car and how much money are you really saving per year driving this car over doing a better swap like a coyote(which is rated at what....25mpg highway)?
what are your main motivating factors on doing such a swap in order of priority?(initial cost/free motor, being different, mpg, hp, etc).

seems to me you'll be putting in the same amount of work to do this transplant or even more vs a coyote as a v6 mod motor is not your typical swap for mustangs.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My main choices for the swap is

# 1 is cost. $2250 for engine, tranny, ecu, driveshaft. A coyote swap would easisly excceed 10k for all these components. So that's already an 8k difference which is quite huge.

We do our own fab work and got the tools so we can keep cost down. Not everyone can do this so those that don't have the skillsets or tools will cost them a lot for to do things custom.

#2 reason is uniqueness of not being a cookie cutter setup.

#3. This engine kicks ass no matter what some of the haters might think! [Smile]

[ July 11, 2012, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: TuxMask-Andy ]

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92MaroonGT:
I have no idea why there is so much dislike on this topic. I think it's a very interesting, and nice idea. I can't wait to see the process, and one day see a youtube video of the first start up. V6 or not, it's a newer mustang engine going in a fox.

Good luck to the OP and brother.

+1 very interesting swap, and if your brother fabs a turbo kit for it that thing will be sweet!! good luck with everything

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com