Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I'm going big folks mod motor time!!!!!! big cubic inches a MUST (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm going big folks mod motor time!!!!!! big cubic inches a MUST
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TMA Turbo Donald  Ford pictures for TMA Turbo Donald    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got the small block 5.0L out, and I'm ready to put the big block mod motor in!!! What you guys think about the swap?!

-

Uploaded with Tmaturbo.com

-

Uploaded with TmaTurbo.com

[ July 10, 2012, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: TMA Turbo Donald ]

TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TMA Turbo Donald  Ford pictures for TMA Turbo Donald    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another pic.

-

Uploaded with TmaTurbo.com

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TURBO DONALD FTW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

LOL Thanks!!! It's going to be a lot of work to get it to work I assume. Thank you for the encouragement!
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of motor is that?

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wat tha fuck izzzzzz that?

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That my freinds is a 300+hp 30mpg v6 I believe from a newr mustang..badass if am right lol.. [patriot]

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Are there any informed enthusiasts who have done the Coyote swap, would happen to know if the Coyote harness would work? I have a donor 2011 harness to utilize if all else fails. However, any help and/or information would be great!

-

Uploaded with Uploaded straight from the Bay Area

91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt never do that but 2 eaches on somethn new an different.good luck with ur build there.

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
That my freinds is a 300+hp 30mpg v6 I believe from a newr mustang..badass if am right lol.. [patriot]

You sir are correct!!! imagine the MPG that I could potentially get in a fox body with this combo!!..
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

quote:
Originally posted by 91blackonblack:
I wouldnt never do that but 2 eaches on somethn new an different.good luck with ur build there.

Thank you very much. I'm going to need a lot of luck and info for this build [Cool]
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

y not should be fun and reliable with good numbers. I can imagine hci will be shy of 400hp and still good on gas. Here are the specs hopefully op will chime in and say if this is the engine...

Base engine size: 3.7 L
Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Cylinders: V6
Valves: 24
Valve timing: Variable
Torque: 280 ft-lbs. @ 4250 rpm
Horsepower: 305 hp @ 6500 rpm
Turning circle: 33.4 ft.

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

quote:
quote:

y not should be fun and reliable with good numbers. I can imagine hci will be shy of 400hp and still good on gas. Here are the specs hopefully op will chime in and say if this is the engine...

Base engine size: 3.7 L
Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Cylinders: V6
Valves: 24
Valve timing: Variable
Torque: 280 ft-lbs. @ 4250 rpm
Horsepower: 305 hp @ 6500 rpm
Turning circle: 33.4 ft.

Slowfox... You are correct. It's a 3.7 V6 from a 2011 Mustang with a 5 speed automatic (my car had an AOD). The block is aluminum, so there will be some additional weight savings. Strangely enough the block is wider by one inch on each side over the 5.0L (due to the DOHC configuration). However there will be a lot of room as the accessories are really close to the front of the engine, and of course it's a v6.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice!!!! looks interesting

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats dope keep us updated with lots of pics

what k member are u gunna use?

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TMA Turbo Donald:
quote:

imagine the MPG that I could potentially get in a fox body with this combo!!..
Buy a Prius, that is the worst reason ever to spend what you're spending on that conversion. I don't care if it's free, it's a lame reason to do it. Just saying

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didnt see a turbo kit in the picture.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TMA Turbo Donald  Ford pictures for TMA Turbo Donald    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
i didnt see a turbo kit in the picture.

Sorry v-town coupe. No turbo yet. My brother has been fabricating V6 turbo kits for about 9 years now. I just used his name for my handle. He had a customer put down high 500 horse on a v6 99-04. I'm just currently just trying to get the necessary peices ready for the swap. I'll keep you all updated, however progress may be slow due to my work schedule.
TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by TMA Turbo Donald:
quote:

imagine the MPG that I could potentially get in a fox body with this combo!!..
Buy a Prius, that is the worst reason ever to spend what you're spending on that conversion. I don't care if it's free, it's a lame reason to do it. Just saying
I see your point. If you wanna go fast then get a fast car. If you want a fuel efficient car then get a prius/civic. And your right, it is lame to do all this work for the sole purpose of just getting 30 mpg.

But I see nothing wrong in attempting to get a balanced car and the best of both worlds. Something that can get 305 hp stock and 30+ mpg at least.

My bro (tma turbo donald) and I got the engine/tranny/ecu harness for $2200 so far. These engines are dirt cheap from online wrecking yards. I'll have to custom fab a few things to make it work and trace all the wires.

We're thinking of going with a aje tubular k member, a arm, coil over setup.

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good to see something different but v6 is the worst sounding motor ever lol

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:

I definitely agree its not going to have that nice tone. However, I think I can live with it.
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

I say stick your old motor back in it an get u a honda aswell that way you still can have both of saving gas an power wolds.an save u the headache an time.

--------------------

His response:

TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:

Idk. Porshe's, supra's, gtr, etc, or any high performance six cylinder all sound good to me but to each their own.

Stock 5.0 engine back in? 225 hp v8 and high millage engine just doesn't appeal to me. But maybe does for some people

[ July 10, 2012, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: TuxMask-Andy ]

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have no idea why there is so much dislike on this topic. I think it's a very interesting, and nice idea. I can't wait to see the process, and one day see a youtube video of the first start up. V6 or not, it's a newer mustang engine going in a fox.

Good luck to the OP and brother.

TMA Turbo Donald
¯
Member # 11926

quote:
Originally posted by 92MaroonGT:
I have no idea why there is so much dislike on this topic. I think it's a very interesting, and nice idea. I can't wait to see the process, and one day see a youtube video of the first start up. V6 or not, it's a newer mustang engine going in a fox.

Good luck to the OP and brother.

Thank you for the support!!!!!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com