Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Something i wonder about "hardcore" bicyclists (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Something i wonder about "hardcore" bicyclists
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do people have to wear a stupid ass spandex "costume" when they ride their bikes?I mean your not all professionals in a race so why play dressup and pretend you are?Its like if everytime i drove my car i wore a frickin firesuit and helmet.STUPID!!!!!!!Your not a pro,your not in a race.STOP IT!!!!!!!
In your asshuggers trying to walk in those bike shoes that make you look like your wearing high heels. [Cool]

(edited for political correctness.)

[ July 07, 2012, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
5POINTAMRIT
¯
Member # 11311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5POINTAMRIT  Ford pictures for 5POINTAMRIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That suit comes in hand if you fall off or something it protects your body and skin from any scrapes or what not. They are just taking precaution and dont want to get hurt. Id rather get laughed at for wearing a suit rather than fuckin my whole body up by not wearing that suit.

--------------------
2017 Mustang GT
2003 DSG Cobra
1991 Mustang 5.0- Sold
1990 Mustang 5.0 331 Stroker 402rwhp- SOLD
Supercharged 01 Mustang GT 368rwhp-SOLD

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's more annoying is seeing those damn Spandex warriors on highway 9 hogging the road. I love doing fly by's right next to them. Lol. They always jump
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They annoy the shit out of me especially when they ride on the road and sit at a traffic light turning left or something. Then a whole line of cars has to wait for Lance Armstrong to make the turn before the cars that pay registration and shit can move. Or if when they run through stop signs and act like they have right of way on everything. I've almost hit a dozen bikers in Davis alone.

Sometimes i wish i could do this.....
 -

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I hate it when people follow the laws to! [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wouldnt wear that shit

"better to look good than to feel good" i always say

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Caught yourself looking at a biker ass, turned out to be a guy in spandex huh?
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
rayski25
¯
Member # 11363

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rayski25  Ford pictures for rayski25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ooh my god after reading a little on this topic then scrolling down to that picture I laughed out loud so hard it hurts, that was comedy.

--------------------
66 mustang v6 converted to 351w(sold)
89 mustang lx(sold)
88 mustang gt(current DD)

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Berkeley is the worst. those hippies think theyre entitled to the entire right half of the lane. i feel the same about motorcycles splitting lanes, i love changing lanes when i see them coming [Big Grin]
Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ride, and quite often too

I always made fun of the shorts/jerseys before I started riding - they're ridiculous and pretty embarrassing, yes

But, after riding 50-, 60-, 70-miles, I'll choose looking dumb over being uncomfortable. I was embarrassed as hell the first time I went out in public like that - hell, sometimes I still just go out in a t-shirt to keep from looking the fool

In regards to cyclists blocking the road, it's one of the most annoying things i come across when i'm in the car or on the motorcycle. If you think it's bad, just think how frustrating it is for someone who rides, them all giving 'normal' cyclists a bad name for being damn selfish with the road, running stop signs/lights, and riding three-wide, forcing traffic to wait. it's bullshit, and i call it too. But, for every time groups like that frustrate you, i get yelled at or shit being thrown at me - guess it's guilt by association....

my $0.03 [Wink]

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cyclists where lycra for the same reason you don't go to the gym wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.

The material wicks sweat off really well, doesn't hold moisture at all, and breaths.

I don't wear a kit or anything, but when I go on longer rides I do wear a lycra t-shirt and gym shorts.

Also, CA law considers bicycles vehicles, and we ARE entitled to an entire lane - if there is no suitable bike lane, and they are allowed to use the left turn lane at a traffic light too.

Some cyclists are worse than others about hogging lanes when they don't need to, running lights and shit like that. But on the flipside, there are also plenty of people driving cars that don't know what the fuck they are doing and shouldn't be on the road either.

Idiots are idiots, no matter what they are driving/riding/doing.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Spandex pants provide some padding for the seat. I have some FOX mountain bike shorts that have spandex inside them with a nice big padding. Before i had the shorts i rode 3 miles on my bike and my ass hurt so bad now i can ride 20+ with minimal pain

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
Cyclists where lycra for the same reason you don't go to the gym wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.

The material wicks sweat off really well, doesn't hold moisture at all, and breaths.

I don't wear a kit or anything, but when I go on longer rides I do wear a lycra t-shirt and gym shorts.

Also, CA law considers bicycles vehicles, and we ARE entitled to an entire lane - if there is no suitable bike lane, and they are allowed to use the left turn lane at a traffic light too.

Some cyclists are worse than others about hogging lanes when they don't need to, running lights and shit like that. But on the flipside, there are also plenty of people driving cars that don't know what the fuck they are doing and shouldn't be on the road either.

Idiots are idiots, no matter what they are driving/riding/doing.

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
Why do people have to wear a stupid ass spandex "costume" when they ride their bikes?

(edited for political correctness.)

you and me both....i wont even wear a retarded helmet cuz it looks so stupid

its always amusing to me though, im sure they will come with some BS about "drag" or something

reminds me of the women who get all "dressed" up to go to the gym.....like a pair of sweats and a t shirt isnt good enuff to get the job done

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DevonShelbyGT:
Berkeley is the worst. those hippies think theyre entitled to the entire right half of the lane. i feel the same about motorcycles splitting lanes, i love changing lanes when i see them coming [Big Grin]

asshole, your gonna end up hurting or killing somebody. why would you purposely cut off a biker [Mad]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am one of those "hard core" cyclists and the reason why we wear the form fitting outfits is for speed and comfort. More than 75% of a bicycle rider's energy is used to over come the wind and loose clothing acts like a parachute slowing the rider down. Air flows more smoothly over tight fitting clothing so the rider can go faster. Second, the tight fitting clothing has padding in the shorts and breaths better so the rider is more comfortable

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wear them just to show off my cock size.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You ever pull some bitch shit like that when I'm riding my motorcycle and hit me..... be ready to get pulled out your car and get your ass beat
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:

You ever pull some bitch shit like that when I'm riding my motorcycle and hit me..... be ready to get pulled out your car and get your ass beat
What happens if you're stuck under his car? Just saying..

[ July 08, 2012, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: DLo ]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I wear them just to show off my cock size.

LoL!!!!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those cyclists are cardio machines! and yea i can understand going long distances and wearing that lycra..but messengers in the city wearing that stuff is posing imo...

and its kinda jacked up if your in traffic and you close the lane when you see a motorcycle approaching...its called lanesharing, and its legal buddy.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:

What happens if you're stuck under his car? Just saying..
Ha ha lmao [Big Grin]
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So it sounds like if you trained in jeans or street clothes it would be better for building your strength and stamina.Then when and IF you are are entering a race you can put on your ballet/spiderman underwear gear and it would be that much easier than when you wore street clothes.Right?And FYI,jeans are gonna protect you a lot better than tights,just sayin. [patriot]

[ July 09, 2012, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

And dont get me started on Harley bikers.I like Harleys and alot of my friends ride but why the "im an outlaw from a 70's B movie" costume? [Wink]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What a fucking dick, [Mad]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com