Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » good places to eat in Oakland? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: good places to eat in Oakland?
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
quote:
Originally posted by 86hatch:
A number 1 at McDonald's and you can find those even when your lost

+1 and find the nearest freeway exit so you don't end up being the next wrong place at the wrong time homicide victim...
You guys must not come to Oakland much lol. Downtown has a bunch of good spots and isn't all hood like people think. Luka's has good food and is a bar. Trappist is my favorite Belgian Brewery and they don't have much for food. Rudy's Can't Fail is a diner with a full bar.
I agree, there are a lot of spots in Oakland I ate at that seemed to be in rich ass areas. Nothing but high end cars ,and rich neighborhoods ,and rich uppity people .But that's just my experience, from when I see my boy who lives in the hills.
Well there is Rockridge, Temescal, Downtown, Jack London and the Lake Merritt areas that are fine. I lived in Berkeley for a while so I traveled down to OAK a lot. The areas are cool and there are some nice restaurants there.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
I called you about your question and no call back [Frown]

Did you call me from a 219 area code the other day? My apologies. I work nights and didn't notice the call till 1am and then forgot lol. I deleted my call list if you want to call me again.

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On Luck chinese food spot. Biggest hole in the wall spot I've ever seen, but damn is that Shrimp with lobster sauce over rice goooooood!! Looks like a little crack spot with a window that's gated, lol. No seating area and no walk in area. Literally, a walk up window.

[ June 30, 2012, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go down e 14th, and youll see one of my favorites called pericos. Everything tastes great, cant wait to go this weekend.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn why is everybody bashing the town tho... We got hella good spots to eat, just depends on what you want...genovas in north Oakland if you want a good quality sandwich.. Red boy or leaning tower if you want a good slice of pizza.. Lake chalet of you want a Laid back spot to take your girl. Menu is small tho. True burger, in& out, flipper burger, sparky's, jerrys or Ahns of you want a good ass burger. Mexican spot on 37th & e14th or Los comales of you want good Mexican food... The town is crazy at times but yall act like you will die instantly if ou come out here for food.... Y'all dramatic
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
On Luck chinese food spot. Biggest hole in the wall spot I've ever seen, but damn is that Shrimp with lobster sauce over rice goooooood!! Looks like a little crack spot with a window that's gated, lol. No seating area and no walk in area. Literally, a walk up window.

Haha.. One of my favorites! Didn't expect anyone else on this board to know about that joint. Shrimp in lobster sauce is the best [patriot]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com