Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *CHP - SMOG TRAP!! Watt/Antelope in sac (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: *CHP - SMOG TRAP!! Watt/Antelope in sac
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bentley mobs a stang:
Ummm.... How do I put this nicely? FUCK GIVING THE GOVERNMENT INFORMATION!

These smog traps are here because of some lobbyist at legislature who has nothing better to do than think of bullshit data tests. They pull shit like this to keep legislation open year round. Nevada for instance, is only open for like 100 days a year. Therefore Nevada has less time for lobbyists to make bullshit laws, and wasting tax dollars all at the same time. California is hungry, so they have resorted to trying to make money off junk science lol. There are more emissions produced at Harris ranch off of I-5 from cows than there is from all the cars in LA and San Diego counties combined. But they aren't going to put oxidation catalysts on cows are they?

Giving voluntary info to the California government is really just allowing them to create bullshit laws that affect you. Period.

tin foil hat wearer is see.do know there is over a 70% fail rate on cars that had smog repairs done an passed inspection?
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FYI: CHP only get money from registration violations. Other than that, whatever city they give a citation in, that corresponding city gets the money.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
02EBZ06
¯
Member # 436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02EBZ06  Ford pictures for 02EBZ06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen this trap at that site at least 3 times in the last year or two. The last time it was West Bound traffic just before Auburn Blvd on the curve.

Where exactly was this?

I can't help but notice they always pick the "poor" neighborhood to put the smog trap in. And this isn't the only one, they also setup on Wallergra and Antelope area.

I guess they hate Antelope/Citrus Heights people.

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was gonna post another site up the other day but they were packin up and headed out (arnd 5/6) but on Folsom Blvd in between Hazel and Sunrise (hwy50 frontage rd) they were there and also in a spot where u cannot make a u-turn or l/r u HAD to go through this trap...fuckn cali [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle aka fasthatch:
quote:

These smog traps are here because of some lobbyist at legislature who has nothing better to do than think of bullshit data tests. They pull shit like this to keep legislation open year round. Nevada for instance, is only open for like 100 days a year. Therefore Nevada has less time for lobbyists to make bullshit laws, and wasting tax dollars all at the same time. California is hungry, so they have resorted to trying to make money off junk science lol. There are more emissions produced at Harris ranch off of I-5 from cows than there is from all the cars in LA and San Diego counties combined. But they aren't going to put oxidation catalysts on cows are they?

Giving voluntary info to the California government is really just allowing them to create bullshit laws that affect you. Period.

tin foil hat wearer is see.do know there is over a 70% fail rate on cars that had smog repairs done an passed inspection?
70 percent? Bullshit. Ur trippin without ur luggage. Doesn't even make sense, unless ur refering to people setting ignition timing at spec when testing then changing it back after the test so the vehicle performs best(or something of that sort), and trust me 70 percent of people who smog their cars aint doing that. If you fix a CO problem by replaicing an o2 or a cat etc, and it fails 6 months later, nothing u can do about that. Roadside smog checks isn't going to do jack shit neither.

The California air resource board can sit on it and spin.

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

70 percent? Bullshit. Ur trippin without ur luggage. Doesn't even make sense, unless ur refering to people setting ignition timing at spec when testing then changing it back after the test so the vehicle performs best(or something of that sort), and trust me 70 percent of people who smog their cars aint doing that. If you fix a CO problem by replaicing an o2 or a cat etc, and it fails 6 months later, nothing u can do about that. Roadside smog checks isn't going to do jack shit neither.

something tells me you do not have smog lic.
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Please link us to the study that claims an overall 70% fail rate on cars that had previous repairs.
Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
This.

[ May 26, 2012, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: DLo ]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
quote:
quote:

Please link us to the study that claims an overall 70% fail rate on cars that had previous repairs.
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/25/local/la-me-smogtest25-2010feb25
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

something tells me you do not have smog lic.
U would be wrong sir. U can sit on it and spin too.

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like to thank all you faggots voting for democrats the reason for putting up with so much bullshit in California

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com